Assault on the Capitol (DC)

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Man who attacked House lobby where Ashli Babbitt was shot is convicted
Chad Barrett Jones was convicted of smashing glass outside the House Speaker’s Lobby on Jan. 6

A Kentucky man who was part of a mob smashing windows to the House Speaker’s Lobby in the Capitol on Jan. 6, which led to Ashli Babbitt trying to climb through before being fatally shot by police, was convicted Thursday of two felonies and seven misdemeanors, including obstruction of an official proceeding and destruction of government property.

Chad Barrett Jones, 45, of Mount Washington, Ky., was captured on video as part of a group of Donald Trump supporters cursing U.S. Capitol Police officers who were standing outside the glass doors to the Speaker’s Lobby while members of Congress were preparing to evacuate as rioters neared. Behind the glass were chairs and tables, and also an armed Capitol Police lieutenant, Michael Byrd.

Jones, in a red coat and gray knit cap, and others were punching and striking the glass panels. The three Capitol Police officers are seen in the video walking away from the doors as an armed tactical squad approaches from behind. The mob began slamming the glass with fists and hard objects, and Jones was accused of hitting one panel at least 10 times.

As another panel collapsed, Babbitt is seen in the video climbing up into the frame through the broken glass, and was then fatally shot by Byrd. Byrd was cleared of any criminal charges by the Justice Department.

A family member who saw Jones on a news program reported him to the FBI on Jan. 8, 2021, according to court records. The family member told agents that Jones wanted to explain “why it all was happening and why it was a hoax.”
:snippity:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... cted-jan6/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: Up on the 6th floor, Jan 6 defendant Noah Bacon is being sentenced.

This image was including prosecutors court papers ===>
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2EOS2mXMAA ... name=small[/oimg]
Bacon just asked for leniency, arguing “I followed my curiosity that day”… “i made some pretty enormous mistakes on January 6th”

When asked by judge if he still believes Trump won the 2020 election….. Bacon answered “I don’t know… I don’t know what the truth is”

Judge notes that Bacon hasn’t “disavowed” some of what led to Jan 6

Bacon says “I don’t do social media…. I’ve been denied jobs, lost friends, received hate mail”

Judge Chris Cooper says “a period of incarceration is called for”

Judge Cooper sentences Noah Bacon to 1 year (and one day) in prison in Jan 6 case
Bacon has reached the FIND OUT phase of FAFO.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

What a dipshit, I knew he was bad, but I didn't realize he was this bad.
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

Why does the guy who used to be in charge of the Capitol Police not know that the Speaker of the House and the Mayor of Washington DC have no authority to deploy or refuse a DC National Guard deployment?

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Oh, he knows.

He was an Officer in the Navy before he was a cop, and he knows damn well the Chain of Command. It is literally taught, at some length, to every member of all the military services from Day 1 in Basic Training.

It's the first thing you have to memorize on the first day along with your General Orders.

He also has instructed the U.S. Secret Service in major events planning and has taught Incident Command System as an adjunct professor at the George Washington University

So I can assure you a former Commissioned Officer knows.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Wasn't he sacked? Maybe that's why. Liar.
DrIrvingFinegarten

Gregg wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:53 am Oh, he knows.

He was an Officer in the Navy before he was a cop, and he knows damn well the Chain of Command. It is literally taught, at some length, to every member of all the military services from Day 1 in Basic Training.

It's the first thing you have to memorize on the first day along with your General Orders.

He also has instructed the U.S. Secret Service in major events planning and has taught Incident Command System as an adjunct professor at the George Washington University

So I can assure you a former Commissioned Officer knows.
Then why is he blaming Nancy Pelosi for not requesting the National Guard or for her refusing its deployment?

If Trump wanted the National Guard there, it would have been there, right?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Don’t we have video of masked Nancy Pelosi on the phone to governors trying to get the National Guard deployed after Trump refused to act?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:28 am Don’t we have video of masked Nancy Pelosi on the phone to governors trying to get the National Guard deployed after Trump refused to act?
Yep, and Schumer.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... pitol-riot
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Oh, look, his J6 statement.
The Department is grateful for the assistance provided by more than 18 local, state, and Federal law enforcement agencies and the National Guard. More than 50 USCP and MPD sustained injuries during the attack on the Capitol. Several USCP officers have been hospitalized with serious injuries.

The violent attack on the U.S. Capitol was unlike any I have ever experienced in my 30 years in law enforcement here in Washington, D.C. Maintaining public safety in an open environment – specifically for First Amendment activities – has long been a challenge. The USCP had a robust plan established to address anticipated First Amendment activities. But make no mistake – these mass riots were not First Amendment activities; they were criminal riotous behavior. The actions of the USCP officers were heroic given the situation they faced, and I continue to have tremendous respect in the professionalism and dedication of the women and men of the United States Capitol Police.

The USCP is conducting a thorough review of this incident, security planning and policies and procedures.
Later:
Sund submitted his resignation letter to the Capitol Police Board just hours after Speaker Nancy Pelosi called for him to step down.
Even the union wanted him gone.
The Capitol Police union issued a statement Thursday calling for Sund’s resignation and for the resignations of Assistant Chief Chad Thomas and Assistant Chief Yogananda Pittman.
https://rollcall.com/2021/01/07/capitol ... trump-mob/
DrIrvingFinegarten

Remember how I said I had a hard time countering the argument that officers who were on the same side of the door as Ashli Babbitt didn’t think she was enough of a threat to shoot, thus Byrd was not justified?

Someone who says she does FLTEC training said that to me. How do I counter this?

https://x.com/swampangel515/status/1690 ... QzqE8-YWxQ

jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

If I remember correctly, that door was the last barrier between the mob and Congress. Ashli became more of a threat when she tried to break through the door and needed to be stopped. If she had just remained on that side of the door, she probably wouldn’t have been shot.
DrIrvingFinegarten

jemcanada2 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:39 pm If I remember correctly, that door was the last barrier between the mob and Congress. Ashli became more of a threat when she tried to break through the door and needed to be stopped. If she had just remained on that side of the door, she probably wouldn’t have been shot.

And stopping her by non-lethal means was not an option? Right?
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:48 pm
jemcanada2 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:39 pm If I remember correctly, that door was the last barrier between the mob and Congress. Ashli became more of a threat when she tried to break through the door and needed to be stopped. If she had just remained on that side of the door, she probably wouldn’t have been shot.

When you’re the last line between a mob and the people you’re protecting, you do what you have to do. What non-lethal means would have worked? No other non-lethal methods had worked on the mob to that point.
DrIrvingFinegarten

jemcanada2 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:00 pm
DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:48 pm

When you’re the last line between a mob and the people you’re protecting, you do what you have to do. What non-lethal means would have worked? No other non-lethal methods had worked on the mob to that point.
Did that person sound like she taught federal agents? She also insists I’d make a lousy investigator. I wonder why.
realist

Post by realist »

She actually doesn’t say she does FLETC training, she says she “works at FLETC.”
Image X 4
Image X 32
DrIrvingFinegarten

realist wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:14 pm She actually doesn’t say she does FLETC training, she says she “works at FLETC.”

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:32 pm
realist wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:14 pm She actually doesn’t say she does FLETC training, she says she “works at FLETC.”
what did you do?

Are we taking someone seriously who links to TruthSocial, quotes Paul Gosar about COVID, and engages in ad hominem attacks? Why?
IMG_1495.jpeg
IMG_1495.jpeg (181.52 KiB) Viewed 903 times
Edit: ”Swamp” is a nice touch.
bob

Post by bob »

Many use-of-force incidents are split-second decisions. Yes, there's training for them, but hindsight is a helluva drug.

There's a huge grey area for less than ideal. Anyone demanding black and white has never been in that position.
Image ImageImage
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:03 pm
what did you do?

Are we taking someone seriously who links to TruthSocial, quotes Paul Gosar about COVID, and engages in ad hominem attacks? Why? IMG_1495.jpeg
Edit: ”Swamp” is a nice touch.
The Swamp Angel was some sort of huge cannon used during the Civil War.
realist

Post by realist »

That’s a different claim than she made
In another tweet and I think she’s FOS on the training of thousands and likely just FOS in general, having read a lot of her diatribes.
Image X 4
Image X 32
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:19 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:06 pm
Michigan resident Isaac Thomas facing assault and obstruction charges for breaching Capitol on Jan. 6. Here he is recording a message from Speaker Pelosi's suite that day. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 54.1.1.pdf
They forgot what side street they parked his GFs grandma's car on... so took a bus back to Michigan.

Brainiacs.
He is not improving with age.

He wants to move to Texas because, apparently, he was fired from his job and was evicted from his apartment (he was evicted). The PSA, the government, and the judge are saying, uh, nope.. Not without more info, oh and btw, you have developed a shit-ton of release violations (which included being in trouble over screaming nasties and threats at a government official because he was driving without insurance (and that itself was a violation of release). Much more.. I will let the judge's order speak for itself.
https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/sh ... 3cr0069-43

He has a big sign on his head... NOT GETTIN IT.
101010 :towel:
much ado

Post by much ado »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”