EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus Rooster/Cock

Dr. Ken

Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus / Rooster/Cock

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The wife was just talking about this guy. He eats half his order at each meal, and the other half at his following meal. It’s a… McDonald’s low cal diet.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:sick:

McDonald's is bad enough but leftover McDonald's?

Is he sure he hasn't lost 13 lb because of colon cancer?
ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

My FIL lost a significant amount of weight eating half of every meal. Just pushed the plate away though. He didn’t wrap the leftovers up for dinner.

If you have self control even McDonald’s will work.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:shock: I thought I would be reading that he skipped McD altogether :twisted:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

🚨BREAKING! BREAKING! BREAKING!🚨

Eating less reduces weight gain, increases weight loss!

🚨BREAKING! BREAKING! BREAKING!🚨
tek

Post by tek »

Losing a real 13lb in a week in a half means a daily deficit of about 3000kcal.

Not gonna happen.

Especially not on McD's.

He musta drained the fat out of his head.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I read about this guys diet plan (100 days of only McDs to lose weight). Yes, totally stupid.
Hopefully he is under care of a physician and guidance of a dietician. But somehow I am doubting.

McDs USA used to have some semi-healthy choices, like salads -- they were all "quietly" removed around 2020. (and only from the USA market -- for you firners can still get healthy choices).

Is this guys quest to prove the guy from the "Super Size Me" movie wrong?

Who is paying him to pull this stunt? And I don't believe for a moment they only thing he is eating is McDs.

13lbs in a week at the start may be possible. We carry a lot of water weight.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

neonzx wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:35 pm :snippity:
Meth is a hellva diet plan....

The Jenny Crank diet if you will...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:44 pm
neonzx wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:35 pm :snippity:
Meth is a hellva diet plan....

The Jenny Crank diet if you will...
Or maybe he is auditioning to be the "Jared" of McDonalds. I heard that kinda gig gives one access to underage girls. :bag:

From the comments in Aarons twitter thread.

DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:10 pm My FIL lost a significant amount of weight eating half of every meal. Just pushed the plate away though. He didn’t wrap the leftovers up for dinner.

If you have self control even McDonald’s will work.
Yes.

There are two fairly famous cases in the last decade or so of people eating “junk food” and losing significant weight.

One is a high school biology teacher from Iowa named John Cisna who eat nothing but McDonalds

https://www.today.com/health/man-loses- ... 2d79329158

Another is a nutrition professor from Kansas State named Mark Haub who ate almost exclusively snack foods (Twinkies, etc) though he did have a protein shake each day and some vegetables at dinner to set an example for their kids.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/tw ... index.html

Neither one recommends anyone do what they did, but they each lost weight and improved their bloodwork.

It does prove, however, that energy balance, consuming fewer calories than you burn, is the most important factor in weight loss. While some foods are more conducive than others to achieving that goal, no one food in isolation is going to make anyone fat or thin.

Every diet, Atkins, Paleo, vegan, Weight Watchers, you name it, can work for weight loss if it creates a calorie deficit. There’s nothing magical about any of them.

As a trainer friend of mine says “Nobody ever got thin from eating one salad and nobody ever got fat from one donut.”
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

It's not always so simple. There are factors beyond "calories in vs calories out" that affect how a body metabolizes food and burns fat. It's why most people who try to lose weight fail and part of why 95-97% of people who intentionally lose weight put most or all - if not more - of it back on within 5 years.

Its why I've been fighting my weight my entire life without success no matter how well or how long I stick to any given plan or program. If it was as simple as you say, I'd have been able to lose the weight I needed to in order to get my shoulders fixed years ago - do you honestly think I didn't try? I've gotten suicidal from the frustration of sticking to a program without any success.

I could go on, but I'd just get more depressed and you'd get bored.
DrIrvingFinegarten

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:20 am It's not always so simple. There are factors beyond "calories in vs calories out" that affect how a body metabolizes food and burns fat. It's why most people who try to lose weight fail and part of why 95-97% of people who intentionally lose weight put most or all - if not more - of it back on within 5 years.

Its why I've been fighting my weight my entire life without success no matter how well or how long I stick to any given plan or program. If it was as simple as you say, I'd have been able to lose the weight I needed to in order to get my shoulders fixed years ago - do you honestly think I didn't try? I've gotten suicidal from the frustration of sticking to a program without any success.

I could go on, but I'd just get more depressed and you'd get bored.
Yes, there are other factors. I didn’t say there weren’t. I just said energy balance was the main factor and you can’t lose weight if you’re not in a calorie deficit.
There are, of course, other factors as you said. And while the main concept may be simple, it certainly is not easy. If it were nobody would be fat.
Some are psychological. Willpower is a finite resource that we have use on more than just weight loss. If we’re on a diet that requires us to eat food we don’t like or completely avoid all of our favorite foods, how sustainable is that going to be?
Our environment is another issue. We have very easy access to unlimited amounts of hyper-palatable foods that are relatively cheap while the more nutritious Whole Foods are much more expensive and often more time consuming to prepare.
My experiences are probably not too different than most people Three times in my adult life I’ve lost a significant amount of weight (70, 85 and 40 pounds). Each time , I thought I’d be able to keep it off. Each time I didn’t. I thought the approaches I took were sensible and sustainable, not crazy. But apparently those methods were not sustainable. I’m still trying. I’m still fat. It’s frustrating and I can’t seem to get out of my own way much of the time.
I think the value of Cisna and Haub’s experiments is that it shows that maybe people who want to get their weight under control can be met where they are.
You are correct that by itself “eat less, move more” isn’t very helpful. It’s like telling a clinically depressed person to just cheer up.
I didn’t mean to come off as condescending and I’m sorry that I did. I wish you well.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I actually wasn't upset with you - I had started writing my post before you posted your own, and then got distracted talking to my husband for a couple of hours before coming back to finish writing and submitting it - I hadn't actually seen your post until just now. I'm sorry that it came across otherwise. Thank you for your well wishes - I do appreciate that!
DrIrvingFinegarten

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:58 am I actually wasn't upset with you - I had started writing my post before you posted your own, and then got distracted talking to my husband for a couple of hours before coming back to finish writing and submitting it - I hadn't actually seen your post until just now. I'm sorry that it came across otherwise. Thank you for your well wishes - I do appreciate that!
You’re welcome. I know the struggle all too well.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Bet your not bedbound, though, as Kris is. It adds a whole nother dimension to the challenge of losing weight.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

tek wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:42 pm Losing a real 13lb in a week in a half means a daily deficit of about 3000kcal.

Not gonna happen.

Especially not on McD's.

True. But you can fiddle with your weight if you want to game some kind of system. I consistently weigh 2-3 pounds less in the morning than at night. It's water loss.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I remember, years ago, hearing an interview on NPR with a doctor who had written a diet book (a real one, not the eat-all-the-chocolate-you-want kind of diet).

I don't remember the doctor's name or the name of the book, but the subtitle was "Eat less, mostly plants".

The interviewer asked the doc if that subtitle didn't sum up the other 450 pages of the book, and the doc replied that it probably did.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Gregg wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:45 pm
tek wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:42 pm Losing a real 13lb in a week in a half means a daily deficit of about 3000kcal.

Not gonna happen.

Especially not on McD's.

True. But you can fiddle with your weight if you want to game some kind of system. I consistently weigh 2-3 pounds less in the morning than at night. It's water loss.
You pee the bed every night? A whole litre worth? Wow!
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

keith wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:46 pm
Gregg wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:45 pm

Not gonna happen.

Especially not on McD's.

You pee the bed every night? A whole litre worth? Wow!
Off Topic
:P I know someone who pees so much during the night that it overflows her brief and gets the towel and two waterproof pads wet every night. I have no idea how the heck that much pee can be produced and evacuated every single doggone night. But I routinely wash all the waterproof pads and every towel that is reserved for bed use several times per week. I should start weighing her at night and first thing in the morning to see what is the difference
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I get up to pee just about every night. Sometimes twice if I've been drinking a lot of ice tea in the evening. But I certainly don't dump a liter/quart when I do. Hot nights I might sweat a lot if I don't get the covers kicked off (or SWMBO hasn't kicked the covers off her and onto me). Don't know how much I lose there.

Two to three pounds seems an awful lot for one night.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I rarely pee overnight. But check yourself, weigh yourself just before bed and as soon as you wake up. Prepare to be amazed at how much moisture difference you can breathe out of yourself in 7 hours.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
tek

Post by tek »

I typically lose about 5lb overnight.

This is way better than discussing Tucker Carlson.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

;) watering down the Faux News ...
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

No one has said urine trouble for being off topic.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”