💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Danraft

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker? /Clowns

Post by Danraft »

Right b4 the vote, Gaetz said there was nothing left to ask for.
Danraft

The 118th Congress with Pretzel Kevin "Only Kevin" "My Kevin" McCarthy, Speaker? /Clowns

Post by Danraft »

Suck a shame Boebert didn’t lose. Would have been so much better.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Shelby Talcott @ShelbyTalcott 18s
GAETZ votes PRESENT

:rotflmao: Looks like it's NOT ENOUGH!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:01 pm
Shelby Talcott @ShelbyTalcott 18s
GAETZ votes PRESENT

:rotflmao: Looks like it's NOT ENOUGH!
lol McCarthy now begging Gaetz and Boebert to switch their votes.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bob

Post by bob »

Drama on the floor!

Some of the votes changed, and now it is 216-212-4,* with Boebert and Gaetz holding out.

If they don't vote, McCarthy will have only 50%. :popcorn:

* Biggs and Good (presently) for Jordan; Crane and Rosendale (presently) for Biggs.
Image ImageImage
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Gaetz votes present. They don’t have the votes. An absence throws it!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Holy Hell!

I guess Gaetz did decide to humiliate McCarthy one more time.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Rep Rodgers looks like he was about to punch gaetz and had to be dragged off the floor
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

The video is spellbinding. McCarthy himself went over to Matt and looked like he Kevin was freaking out. Somebody looked like he was about to hit Matt and somebody else pulled the guy back. OMG. Mike Rogers of Alabama lunged at Matt. Richard Hudson pulled Mike back.

#BISCUITFORSPEAKER!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, Gaetz gets to get his name go down in history--for something other than liking young girls.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Chaos on the floor! Someone yelled, “On your knees!” when McCarthy approached Gaetz!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

CSPAN showing-

McCarthy 216

Jeffries 212

Others 4

Present 2
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

McCarthy (again) can’t count.
Humiliation
He should revoke all the concessions and play hardball now!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Clerk just announced that McCarthy is not elected.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Looks like it's about even on whether to adjourn till noon Monday. They will need a roll call vote
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Fourteen times is enough!

It's time for the first Dachshund Speaker of the House.

Biscuit, because if they're gonna fight like dogs, we need a dog in the fight!

#BiscuitForSpeaker
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Now voting on adjournment.
bob

Post by bob »

Gosar switching his present vote sunk McCarthy. :evil:

Republicans moved to adjourn to Monday; the voice-vote failed, so now they are voting. It is on party lines so far (Democrats voting no).
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Good grief. I should watch this crap live. :D
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Bedtime!

:think:
Luke

Post by Luke »

#BiscuitForSpeaker ... Because she can count! :lol:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Gaetz03.jpg
Gaetz03.jpg (89.41 KiB) Viewed 483 times
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:21 pm #BiscuitForSpeaker ... Because she can count! :lol:
Well, we're saying she can.

We aren't going to prove it because who you calling a liar?

Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Yes. How bloody embarrassing. They didn’t know they lost the vote.
Ugghh
orlylicious wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:21 pm #BiscuitForSpeaker ... Because she can count! :lol:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The "Knutsax Four" have proved beyond doubt that being a Congressperson is not what they consider their day job. It's merely a plot device in their performance art reality TV show.

Return to “Current Politics”