Donald J. Trump 2024

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Donald J. Trump 2024 (low energy)

Post by raison de arizona »

I dunno about how hard the ad is to find, it popped up on my feed :shrug: Good anti-tfg ad though.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RVInit wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:21 pm I went to college and did not become a communist. What did I do wrong? Old Dominion University must not have gotten the memo or something?
Same here - and I wasn't any more liberal when I came out than when I went in. Of course, I was plenty liberal when I went in, so...
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:42 pm I dunno about how hard the ad is to find, it popped up on my feed :shrug: Good anti-tfg ad though.
I remember seeing it a ton when it first came out, but not recently.
raison de arizona

tfg is imitating a female weight lifter, for context.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:53 pm tfg is imitating a female weight lifter, for context.
Just about any female weight lifter -- whether competitive or fitness trainer -- that I know would make him look like the weak old man he is without straining or complaining and still look good. And I know at least 4 of them.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:57 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:53 pm tfg is imitating a female weight lifter, for context.
Just about any female weight lifter -- whether competitive or fitness trainer -- that I know would make him look like the weak old man he is without straining or complaining and still look good. And I know at least 4 of them.
I'm 68, out of shape, and I would make him look weak.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I can juggle any weights that guy would struggle with, and I don't even excersise. A female weight lifter would humiliate him (and probably me as well, but I'm not sneering at them.)
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

One of our dancers is a former weight lifter. She's in her late 60s and could probably kick all his family's asses, and look damn good doing it.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Does anybody know if tfg is still making his rally audiences wait an inordinate amount of time before he makes his messianic entrance? It used to be an hour or so.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:56 pm Does anybody know if tfg is still making his rally audiences wait an inordinate amount of time before he makes his messianic entrance? It used to be an hour or so.
Likely. But I don't think it is tfg doing it. It is par for the course with politicians (Joe shows up late too, as did Obama). It's a security measure I imagine.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Flatpoint High wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:11 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:57 pm
I'm 68, out of shape, and I would make him look weak.
I wish a female bodybuilder would smack the shit out of him when he does that crap. NAT just a wish
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

but it does showcase his pathetic little baby hands

and HOW is this anything related to politics
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

It's a rant about transgender athletes.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:16 am It's a rant about transgender athletes.
And, more to the point, it's also about how TFG continues to phone-it-in with regards to his performances. He is lackluster at best.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Way to spoil the mood.

An ya, his delivery was never very good but you could see that it was at least entertaining if you could stomach him. But feck sake, it's just pathetic now. A load of nasal sounding whining, his elbows superglued to his ribs, and rotating his entire body back and forth as he looks at his teleprompters as he can barely turn his head.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

President Biden is trailing Donald Trump in five of the six critical battleground states a year before the election, a Times/Siena poll found.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/05/us/p ... 595e2e6e66

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Trump allies proposing deploying military to the streets if he wins in 2024: report

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-insurrection-2666154128/
Trump allies proposing deploying military to the streets if he wins in 2024: report

With an eye on a possible win in the 2024 presidential election, allies of former Donald Trump are pitching plans to quell public unrest over his return to the Oval Office by using the military to put down potential protests the moment he takes power.

According to a report from the Washington Post, Trump insiders are floating the possibility of invoking the Insurrection Act immediately after being sworn in.

The report also notes that there have been discussions with Trump on how to use the Justice Department to go after former officials who served under him during his single term including former Attorney General Bill Barr, ex-White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, former Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman Gen. Mark A. Milley and even one of his former lawyers, Ty Cobb.

Pressed about the idea of using the DOJ to go after the former president's perceived political enemies, law professor Saikrishna Prakash, of the University of Virginia told the Post: "It would resemble a banana republic if people came into office and started going after their opponents willy-nilly. It’s hardly something we should aspire to.”

The Post is reporting, "The discussions underway reflect Trump’s determination to harness the power of the presidency to exact revenge on those who have challenged or criticized him if he returns to the White House," adding that he hasn't been shy about his intentions, telling a crowd in New Hampshire recently, "This is third-world-country stuff, ‘arrest your opponent. And that means I can do that, too.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I won't lose any sleep over this so far out, but it is concerning. I think it mostly speaks to the political stupidity in this country. Not that that's going to change in the next year.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

A guy on a discord channel I was on was breathlessly dragging up every poll that was bad for Biden for a couple of months, and I cot tired of it, so I started looking at the polls. And in generally they were badly flawed, even to the point of having eual or more Republicans or "republican leaning independents on it.

Yes, the NYT is willing to lie to get a horse race narrative.

Plus he posted a poll to this week to show he was unbiased that showed TFG 6 points behind Biden - one that actually included the third party candidates rather than a head to head comparison. It turns out that Robert Keneddy is sucking support away from Trumpet.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Pray for Covid to find him.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Army in the streets? I think they missed the stats about the headcount of the resident armed forces, even when Republican governors thought of activating state forces. I also think that there may be a significant numcer of noshows.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

on Jan 20?

If he were to win IFFF I don't think people would wait until the 20th to show their unhappiness

if he were to become president again I think the world would end. At least America as we know it.

I think I would stop all chemo treatment
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Gaslighting across the United States…

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-11-05/ ... /103067228

Donald Trump has claimed that he won all 50 states in the 2020 US election at a Florida event where two of his rivals for the Republican presidential primaries were booed for suggesting the party should dump the former president before his legal woes catch up with him.

Key points:

The former president continues to peddle discredited conspiracy theories about fraud in the 2020 election
Mr Trump is the overwhelming favourite to be the Republican Party presidential nominee for 2024
He is expected to appear as a witness this week in a New York civil fraud trial against the Trump Organization
Mr Trump faces 91 criminal charges across four indictments, two of which are related to election interference.

He is set to testify on Monday at his New York civil fraud trial, related to his business dealings in the state, after two of his children took to the witness stand last week.

Despite soundly losing the 2020 election to Joe Biden by more than seven million votes — 306 to 232 in the electoral college — Mr Trump continues to push discredited claims of widespread election fraud.

"We won, the last time, 50 states, think of it, 50 states," he told the Freedom Summit, outside Orlando, Florida, on Saturday night.

"We won every state. We then did great in the election. We got 12 million more votes or so … 12 million more votes than we got the first time.
raison de arizona

The video.
Carlos Turnbull @cturnbull1968 wrote: Trump is now claiming that he won ALL 50 states in 2020. 🤔
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Did he win all 50 "supporters" in the room too?
Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

They would have believed (or pretended to) anything that comes out of Donnie

Return to “US President”