Kamala Harris for President - 2024

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:45 am Maybe we should spin sorbo off his own thread unless we can combine him with any tweets about dean caine and other d list actor trolls. Like that guy from Justified... not the main actor.
Nobody cares about Sorbo. Nor Caine nor Baio nor etc. Well Luke might but nobody else.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

My inly interest was countering the notion that Hercules wasn't a successful show. I don't like rewriting history, no matter who does it.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:47 am My inly interest was countering the notion that Hercules wasn't a successful show. I don't like rewriting history, no matter who does it.
Hercules wasn't big in the USA. Maybe it got traction overseas and is your experience.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

neonzx wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:44 am
Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:45 am Maybe we should spin sorbo off his own thread unless we can combine him with any tweets about dean caine and other d list actor trolls. Like that guy from Justified... not the main actor.
Nobody cares about Sorbo. Nor Caine nor Baio nor etc. Well Luke might but nobody else.
Maybe the thread should be called Nobody cares about...
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bob

Post by bob »

Off Topic
Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:56 am Maybe the thread should be called Nobody cares about...
"Nobody cares" is one of my favorite lines on the bird-fire site. But only effective with respect to fringe or trivia.
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
bob wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:54 am
Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:56 am Maybe the thread should be called Nobody cares about...
"Nobody cares" is one of my favorite lines on the bird-fire site. But only effective with respect to fringe or trivia.
I'm still partial to "Sir, this is a Wendy's."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

USA today says Kamala is 5 %points in striking distance for Florida.

A boy can dream and vote.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

neonzx wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:12 am USA today says Kamala is 5 %points in striking distance for Florida.

I agree ten thousand times on both. And there are still twelve weeks until the election, and we saw again when Biden dropped out, a week is a lifetime in polly ticks. There could still be a MAJOR shakeup in Florida and across this great land of ours. Today I'm feeling very hopeful.
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:23 am
neonzx wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:12 am USA today says Kamala is 5 %points in striking distance for Florida.

I agree ten thousand times on both. And there are still twelve weeks until the election, and we saw again when Biden dropped out, a week is a lifetime in polly ticks. There could still be a MAJOR shakeup in Florida and across this great land of ours. Today I'm feeling very hopeful.
:yeahthat:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Well, Florida does have both a recreational marijuana and an abortion rights vote on the ballot, at least until the Florida Supreme Court fucks it up.
ImageImageImage x4
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:23 am

And it's difficult to imagine how the Trump campaign might use those twelve weeks to their advantage. Trump is Trump, mildly senior, obnoxious, racist, vile, that's not going to change, it can't. Change Vance? That's not going to attract anybody, at best it slows the taste off defections. They don't have anything to offer.

Obviously complacency blah blah blah.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Sorry. One more Sorbo.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He's in a movie this year, so that isn't true.

Why is the truth forcing me to defend this guy. :mad:
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Off Topic
Suranis wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:08 pm He's in a movie this year, so that isn't true.

I was curious, so I looked at Sorbo's entry in Wikipedia. Two of the films released in 2023 and 2024 are what I would call Christian niche films, i.e. Christian films for Christian audiences. Those two are Left Behind: Rise of the Antichrist and The Firing Squad. I can't find much information at all on the 2023 film Alien Storm. Maybe it's in post-production. My guess is that it's an indie film, certainly not major studio. The film listed as being in post-production in 2024 is Reagan. Looking at the people involved, I would guess that it's a Republican film for Republicans. It is produced by Mark Joseph, a conservative Christian and stars Dennis Quaid, Robert Davi, and Jon Voight, all uber-Republicans. So all four films in the past two years are just minor films, certainly nothing by major studios.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

WalzCat.jpg
WalzCat.jpg (229.75 KiB) Viewed 400 times
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
Suranis wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:08 pm He's in a movie this year, so that isn't true.

Maybe you had a mancrush on him back then. Slim tells me he was kinda hot in the Hercules series.

Come, sit on Neon's therapy couch.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Not at all. I bearly watched Hercules. I saw a bit more of Andromeda because I liked Sci fi.

I just dislike dismissing "one of the highest-rated syndicated television shows in the world at that time" (quoting wikipedia) simply because you want the guy to have been unsuccesful.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Back to topic.
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen@NoLieWithBTC

New: Kamala Harris and Tim Walz are planning to troll Trump next week during the Democratic Convention by holding a mega-rally at the exact same Milwaukee arena that Trump held the RNC at just a few weeks ago.
8-) :lol:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:41 am Back to topic.
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen@NoLieWithBTC

New: Kamala Harris and Tim Walz are planning to troll Trump next week during the Democratic Convention by holding a mega-rally at the exact same Milwaukee arena that Trump held the RNC at just a few weeks ago.
8-) :lol:
Which one will pay the bill?

It would be almost funny if Harris-Walz paid the unpaid bills for Trump-Vance in Milwaukee.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Could they buy the debt and then send a debt collector after Donnie? :)
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Naw... They don't need to pay his bills. He will rage when the venue attendance is maxed out. "Fake news!! A.I. crowd!!"
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

What I get, for living in a must-win state, is a barrage of advertising three months ahead of the election. It's nauseating. I hit the mute button or change the channel all the time. I already hate them and will mute even the Democratic ones, although not as necessary.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:02 pm What I get, for living in a must-win state, is a barrage of advertising three months ahead of the election. It's nauseating. I hit the mute button or change the channel all the time. I already hate them and will mute even the Democratic ones, although not as necessary.
I started doing that years ago. After a time I found myself muting every single commercial and I kind of like that.

Return to “US President”