Smartmatic Election Fraud Lawsuits v Fox News, OAN, Newsmax, Giuliani, Bartiromo, Dobbs, Pirro, Squidney

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Sam the Centipede

Smartmatic Election Fraud Lawsuits v Fox News + One America News + Newsmax + Giuliani Bartiromo Dobbs Pirro Squidney

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Chilidog wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:14 pm I'm thinking that they wouldn't make that claim unless they had solid proof.
Surely, yes. A lot of the court stuff interesting us Fogfolk is political show-boating, craziness, or vendettas. But the Smartmatic case must be serious litigation by a serious company using serious lawyers with their focus sharply on winning.
Chilidog

Smartmatic Election Fraud Lawsuits v Fox News + One America News + Newsmax + Giuliani Bartiromo Dobbs Pirro Squidney

Post by Chilidog »

And it certainly helps that companies like Newsmax and Lindell Management, Inc. are run by arrogant assholes who think they are smarter than everyone else (they are not)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Chilidog wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:48 am And it certainly helps that companies like Newsmax and Lindell Management, Inc. are run by arrogant assholes who think they are smarter than everyone else (they are not)
You only need to be smarter than your audience.
101010 :towel:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

northland10 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:18 pm You only need to be smarter than your audience.
Lindell struggles to be smarter than his product.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Smartmatic Election Fraud Lawsuits v Fox News, OAN, Newsmax, Giuliani, Bartiromo, Dobbs, Pirro, Squidney

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Cleaned up the title of the thread, no major changes
Sam the Centipede wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:25 pm
northland10 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:18 pm You only need to be smarter than your audience.
Lindell struggles to be smarter than his product.
:rimshot:
gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:43 pm
Chilidog wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:14 pm I'm thinking that they wouldn't make that claim unless they had solid proof.
Surely, yes. A lot of the court stuff interesting us Fogfolk is political show-boating, craziness, or vendettas. But the Smartmatic case must be serious litigation by a serious company using serious lawyers with their focus sharply on winning.
Is there a trial date for SmartMatic vs. Fox News?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Didn't Fox already settle out?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:40 pm Didn't Fox already settle out?
That was Dominion.
101010 :towel:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I'm guessing that, just as in the Dominion case, Fox will reach a settlement on the eve of trial.
gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

Given that Dominion extracted $787m from Fox, plus the (hardly coincidental) firing of Tucker Carlson, and Smartmatic is a far bigger corporation, I am wondering what Fox will have to pay for a negotiated settlement. Maybe close to or more than $1bn.
gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

The other litigant to watch is former Dominion VP Eric Coomer, who has a bunch of defamation lawsuits in progress against a whole host of defendants.
At least 2 defendants already settled with Coomer. https://www.thedailybeast.com/one-ameri ... ric-coomer
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kyle Cheney
@kyledcheney

JUST IN: A magistrate judge has denied My Pillow/Mike Lindell’s effort to subpoena former DNI John Negroponte in Dominion litigation.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Short note cause I poked around for more info: Negroponte was DNI at the time Dennis Montgomery had created his many harddisks for the FBI. This denined request was about opening that Montgomery lawsuit court proceedings. :cantlook:

What would a 83 year old whitness still remember from his time in office without access to any official documents :think: :doh:
gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

Another Hail Mary attempt to delay the inevitable.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/11/media/fo ... index.html
Four Fox Corporation board members have been subpoenaed in voting technology company Smartmatic’s $2.7 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News over its airing of 2020 election lies, alleging executives at the right-wing cable channel’s parent company knew it was spreading false claims.

In a court filing Monday, Smartmatic subpoenaed the four board members — Anne Dias, Charles Carey, Roland Hernandez, Jacques Nasser — over Fox News’s repeated airing of bogus conspiracy theories that the 2020 election was stolen from former President Donald Trump.

“Accountability and responsibility do not stop with Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch,” Smartmatic lead attorney Erik Connolly said in a statement. “Smartmatic plans to pursue Fox’s board members as well to determine why they allowed the company’s most valuable asset, Fox News, to spread disinformation about the 2020 election.”

New York Judge David Cohen had previously ordered Fox Corporation to turn over documents related to the board members in the case.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”