Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race?

Yes
18%
No
80%
Other (explain)
2%

Total votes: 65

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Post by raison de arizona »

Reid Hoffman is a huge Dem donor, he gives millions. He's all in on Biden. :boxing:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Post by Luke »

Thanks, good hearing about Reid.

Axios:
22 mins ago -
60% of voters want Biden replaced as candidate after debate, poll says
Lauren Floyd

A majority of voters — 60% — say President Biden should "definitely" or "probably" be replaced as the Democratic candidate following his performance in Thursday's debate, per a Morning Consult poll released to Axios Friday.

Why it matters: Findings from the poll of 2,068 respondents echoed whispers from Democrats about the prospect of replacing Biden as the Democratic presidential candidate. Of Democratic voters, 21% say Biden should "definitely not" be replaced, and 20% say "probably not."

When the survey asked respondents to choose between Biden and former President Trump, 45% chose the president and 44% chose the former commander-in-chief. The results were similar to those from a poll following Trump's criminal conviction on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records linked to a $130,000 hush money payment. That shows "President Joe Biden has lost no immediate ground to Trump," per Morning Consult's findings.

By the numbers: Still, most respondents—57%, of those who viewed the debate—said Trump outperformed Biden. That includes 19% of Democrats, 60% of Independents and 93% of Republicans.

The Biden campaign did not immediately respond to Axios' request for comment.

The fine print: Data from the polls conducted through online interviews were weighted to approximate a target sample of registered voters, per Morning Consult. The margin of error was +/- 2 percentage points.
https://www.axios.com/2024/06/29/biden- ... ement-poll
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

where is the FUCK NO?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sad-cafe wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:05 pm where is the FUCK NO?
:yeahthat:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Ringo Starr

Paul McCartney

Mick Jaggar

Martin Sheen

just some example of still working and over the age of 80

Paul McCartney is 82 and his concerts still sell out anywhere/anytime he plays
raison de arizona

Friends, the choice is clear. One candidate is card carrying moron.
https://twitter.com/Lawrence/status/1806865270687895696
Lawrence O'Donnell @Lawrence wrote: Friday’s Last Word:

The day after the “debate” Joe Biden had a strong day on the campaign trail & Trump said electric airplanes (which don’t exist) need sunshine to fly.

@TheLastWord 10pm @MSNBC
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

100000%
raison de arizona

This is the way.
https://x.com/katierogers/status/1806854789306736940
Katie Rogers @katierogers wrote: At a fundraiser just now per pool, Jill Biden describes the moments after the debate: "So let's talk about last night's debate, because I know it's on your minds." she said. (1/)

“As Joe said earlier today, he's not a young man. And you know, after last night's debate, he said, 'You know, Jill, I don't know what happened. I didn't feel that great.' I said, 'Look, Joe, we are not going to let 90 minutes define the four years that you've been president.'"
raison de arizona

:boxing:
Biden’s Wins @BidensWins wrote: BREAKING: Congresswoman Jasmine Crockett just delivered the strongest defense of President Biden I’ve seen today. Retweet this so every American sees this powerful clip.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:43 pm That said, Hillary, of course, lost. :mad:
Hillary won the election by 2.7 million votes. It's very important to remember that. She lost the electoral college due to targetted advertising, ratfucking, and the fact that they knew their internal polling methods so they were able to hide the fact that certain states were close from her team.

But she won the election.
Hic sunt dracones
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Comey handed the election to Trump
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:02 am Comey handed the election to Trump
Indeed.
raison de arizona

https://x.com/davidaxelrod/status/1807082020130164889
David Axelrod @davidaxelrod wrote: Reality check: @JoeBiden is the nominee of the Democratic Party, nominated by voters in primaries across the country. Unless the @POTUS, himself, decides to quit--which he won't--that issue is settled.
The discussion that is going on now was timely a year ago, when few wanted to have it.
It's largely irrelevant today.
raison de arizona

Hear, hear!
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just my arrogant opinion but I can see some undecided voters seeing themselves or their parents in Joe Biden. My mother was sharp as a tack until about 2 weeks before her death at 96. I always said she was sharper than I was. You don't have to speak 100 mph hopped up on crushed Adderall to make your point.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I think that's covered by "Other (explain)" but in this case no explanation is needed. :mrgreen:

The thing about suggesting that Biden drop out is - and I respect the choice even if I strongly disagree - the thing is, who do we put in for the nomination, and how would it actually work in the real world?

I had a discussion with ol' Wifehorn about that yesterday morning. Her answer was, let 'em sort that out at the convention. But she said that because she didn't have a name. But it isn't a hypothetical situation: if'n you get rid of the President of the United States of America, you have to have a name. "Settle it at the convention" is a recipe for disaster. It means chaos and insanity. It means dogs and cats, living together.

In addition to being neo-maxie zoom dweebies for even suggesting that Biden withdraw, the failing NY Times made that very stupid mistake - they want Biden to drop out, but they don't have a name of his replacement.

In other words, the failing NY Times wants chaos and insanity. This is gonna be a spicy convention, huh? HUH? :lol:
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Aside from everything else, if he did drop out the Democratic party would be tearing itself apart in about 35 seconds with the GOP instigators fanning the flames.

And ya this is a fake controversy anyway. People were saying "Panicking Democrats are saying" before the debate was even over. How did they know, through the Hive mind? Were millions of Democrats calling them to panic down the phone at them? It was pretty much bullshit. Sorry.

Anyway, Biden could resign 30 seconds after the results are announced and he would have done his job. And, as I said the day after, the "Terrible performance" did exactly nothing to move the needle, and Biden has gained a few points since.
Hic sunt dracones
bob

Post by bob »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:16 pmI had a discussion with ol' Wifehorn about that yesterday morning. Her answer was, let 'em sort that out at the convention. But she said that because she didn't have a name. But it isn't a hypothetical situation: if'n you get rid of the President of the United States of America, you have to have a name. "Settle it at the convention" is a recipe for disaster. It means chaos and insanity. It means dogs and cats, living together.

In addition to being neo-maxie zoom dweebies for even suggesting that Biden withdraw, the failing NY Times made that very stupid mistake - they want Biden to drop out, but they don't have a name of his replacement.

In other words, the failing NY Times wants chaos and insanity. This is gonna be a spicy convention, huh? HUH? :lol:

If Biden pulled a LBJ and refused the nomination, it would be a repeat of 1968. And that went so well. :roll:

In theory, Biden could name his desired successor. But it wouldn't be binding on the delegates. So some sore-loser of this beauty contest could still wage a floor battle at the convention.

And, yes, the obvious choice should be his actual present successor (if something should happen to the president): Vice President Harris. I have no doubt the party would not rally around her under such extraordinary circumstances. (There's simply too much at stake for someone not to take a shot.)

This ultimately is a lose-lose: Select Harris, and her "electability" will become an issue; bypass Harris, and people will sit out.

Bonus:
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

https://x.com/PalmerReport/status/1807068323672113359
Palmer Report @PalmerReport wrote: Since Biden's supposedly "disastrous" debate:

- he's massively out fundraised Trump

- half of CNN's focus group members said Biden won the debate

- most of Univision's undecided focus group members shifted to Biden

Biden wasn't a disaster. He was middling. And he'll be fine.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Suranis wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:30 pm And ya this is a fake controversy anyway. People were saying "Panicking Democrats are saying" before the debate was even over. How did they know, through the Hive mind? Were millions of Democrats calling them to panic down the phone at them? It was pretty much bullshit. Sorry.
Thomas Friedman said he was sitting in a hotel room in Spain, openly crying, a grown man, because Joe had to quit now. :crying: :faint:

I bought several books by that guy. When did he become a crybaby? That's gonna be hard to walk back in October. He's kinda stuck with the stupid smeared all over his face.

Many, many Democrats took a deep breath and refused to panic. But a few did lose their mud instantly and made a lot of mess.
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
raison de arizona

Foggy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:52 pm Many, many Democrats took a deep breath and refused to panic. But a few did lose their mud instantly and made a lot of mess.
Here's one, that didn't even take the time to take a breath, he was right on it.
ArTrapnell @ArVnTrap wrote: All the hand wringers in the Democratic Party need to STFU and take a page from Newsome's playbook and get him out on the campaign trail.
raison de arizona

https://x.com/costareports/status/1807080990067576943
Robert Costa @costareports wrote: Spoke this morning to a couple people close to President Biden. Hard to overstate how much he dismisses the political class and media in private. Believes many of them haven’t understood him for decades, don’t get his appeal. Cares what elected Ds with real power and voters say.
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/PalmerReport/status ... 0192061498
Palmer Report @PalmerReport wrote: When the dust settles and we see that the debate didn't hurt Biden at all, will MSNBC and CNN and the New York Times all agree to drop out of journalism?

Return to “US President”