Hamas Attacks Israel

Suranis

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:06 pm
Suranis wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:58 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:16 pm Heard on the news that Egypt opened up their border to allow folks from Gaza to flee.
If the Arab countries had done that 70 years ago, the refugee camps would not exist and Hamas and the PLO would never have existed.
Disagree.

'Member me?
Map
What about it?

That map was in 1947, when the British still controlled Palastine, and was spending a massive amount of effort trying to claw the Jews and Palestinians apart.

The British pulled out in 1948. Literally the day after the rest of the middle east invaded and the Palestiniand started murdering every Jew they could fine. This massive war was won by Israel. This caused the Palestinians who had been fighting the Israelis to flee.

The problem is that when they tried to flee to OTHER Arab countries, the other countries herded them into huge refugee camps and refused point blank to grant them citizenship or let them leave the refugee camps. They wanted to keep these massive clumps of Palestinians there as a cudgel to use against Israel. Then criminal gangs took over the refugee camps, the PLO criminal gang murdered all the rest of them to take over control, and the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians trapped in no mans land swelled to millions over time.

That big lump of humanity in GAZA is directly the fault of the Arab nations around Israel. If they had allowed the Palestinians to disperse there would have been no PLO, no Hamas and no eternal war. This has precisely fuck all about the white man and the evil ignoring of on the ground ethnic groups.

The exception was Jordan, who allowed the Palestinians to become citizens of their country. And in thanks the PLO set off a revolution and tried to take over the Government. And Jordan has suffered Palestinian terrorist attacks ever since. Thank you Yassar Arrafat

The reason Hamas took over from the PLO was that the people were sick and tired of the PLO big wigs driving around in expensive cars and provate jets while they sat there starving. Hamas were NOT corrupt so they were breath of fresh air. Of course, it turns out that they are also more than happy to sacrifice the whole of Gaza to Allah in order to destroy Israel, because they are fanatics.

And a little word about the evil white colonial powers being behind everything:

When you start looking at the whole "ethnic groups" in the area closely, you start throwing up your hands in despair. Iran alone has something like 200 distinct ethnic groups, and they all hate one another and they all claim the same scraps of land. If you gave them all a homeland all you would have is 200 little weak countries... and they would all immediately start fighting internally as the groups INSIDE those ethnic groups started fighting, as well as the 200 new little countries groups fighting amongst each other over the same scraps of land

So, faced with that bunch of spoiled kids, you would grab a ruler, draw a line and call it a day too.

Plus they largely used the lines of the Administration districts of the Ottoman empire, which wasn't filled with evil white people. This is the map of it in 1905. See the similar boundaries to today?
Map-of-Ottoman-Empire-1900.jpg
Map-of-Ottoman-Empire-1900.jpg (102.4 KiB) Viewed 1961 times
Conflict in the Middle East goes back to Biblical times, and if you asked them they would cite various reasons that go back that far and battles they lost and so on. The Iran-Iraq war was just a continuation of the Arab-Persian conflict that has been going on for 1400 years at least.
Hic sunt dracones
neeneko

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by neeneko »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:20 pm Why come when Hamas indiscriminately attacks and kills Israeli civilians, it is terrorism (which it most certainly is,) but when Israel indiscriminately attacks and kills Palestinian civilians, it isn't?
Terrorism is for poor people with no honor, for affluent people who have their honor to think about, it is self defense. The feelings of the dominant are always worth more than the lives of the marginalized.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by raison de arizona »

Aaron Sibarium @aaronsibarium wrote: Winston & Strawn has fired Ryna Workman, the president of the NYU Law Student Bar Association who declared her support for Hamas.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:40 pm As best as I understand it, which likely isn't very well (we were never taught about it in school, and everything I've tried to read has seemed so biased one way or another, I really have no idea what the truth of the matter is), the end effect of changes made was to eradicated the Palestinian nation to create an Israeli one. What did they think was going to happen? Could they not see that it would lead to nearly endless war between the residents and descendents of the former country and those of the new one?
I read a biography of George Marshall some time ago and he was apparently one of the few in the Truman administration who initially opposed the formation of Israel since he thought it would at the very least cause decades of strife in the region if the country was able to survive at all. I guess after 75 years he's been proven absolutely correct on that point. In the end, he recommended recognizing Israel as a country though so once it was done he got behind it.

I started to write more but I've been in an oddly foul mood all day and it came out very angry at basically everybody involved. I should probably save that for another day.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Kendra

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Kendra »

I think it was yesterday CNN's fearless reporter Clarissa Ward and team were at the Gaza border and encountered an unexpected barrage of firepower (the term escapes me). They had to dodge it in a ditch or similar, but the gist of my point and the video was at the end of the live shot Clarissa drop several F bombs. On air. And they replayed at least once without editing out the bad words. I noticed today that along with her PRESS flackjacket, she's got the helment on too.
raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

And Mace is parading around with a scarlet letter.
Bill Ackman @BillAckman wrote: I have been asked by a number of CEOs if @harvard would release a list of the members of each of the Harvard organizations that have issued the letter assigning sole responsibility for Hamas’ heinous acts to Israel, so as to insure that none of us inadvertently hire any of their members.

If, in fact, their members support the letter they have released, the names of the signatories should be made public so their views are publicly known.

One should not be able to hide behind a corporate shield when issuing statements supporting the actions of terrorists, who, we now learn, have beheaded babies, among other inconceivably despicable acts.
ian bremmer @ianbremmer wrote: large number of harvard student organizations blaming israel solely for hamas terrorist attacks killing 700 civilians.

can’t imagine who would want to identify with such a group. harvard parents—talk to your educated kids about this.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

WaPo has this article on the historical background of the conflict

The Gaza Strip and its history, explained

By Timothy Bella
Updated October 10, 2023 at 8:24 a.m. EDT|Published October 9, 2023 at 1:42 p.m. EDT

Israel is at war with the Palestinian militant group Hamas, and hundreds of civilians have been killed in the days since the group’s surprise attack on Saturday signaled a major escalation of the conflict between the two sides and engulfed the region in chaos.

Are you on Telegram? Subscribe to our channel for the latest updates on Russia’s war in Ukraine.
As images and videos of the devastation come out of Israel, many people are also watching the violence unfolding in the Gaza Strip, one of the world’s most densely populated and impoverished territories. Israel ordered a siege of the Gaza Strip on Monday, with Defense Minister Yoav Gallant saying there would be “no electricity, no food, no fuel” for the more than 2 million Palestinians living there.

Here’s what to know about the Gaza Strip and its history up to the current war between Israel and Hamas:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... explained/
gift link is https://wapo.st/3FcMZ0g
raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

Noam Blum 🚡 @neontaster wrote: From a high ranking person at El-Al: Yesterday, a Haredi man arrived at JFK with a $500,000 credit card and paid for the plane tickets for anyone who showed him a reserve duty callup notice. He ended up paying for 250 tickets.
שלמה פולק @shlomopolak580 wrote: דיווח של איש צוות בכיר באלעל: אתמול הגיע לJFK שדה תעופה בניו יורק, נוסע חרדי עם כרטיס אשראי של חצי מיליון דולר, עמד בפינה. כל מי שהראה לו צו 8 הוא קנה לו את הכרטיס.
האיש שילם על 250 כרטיסי טיסה וביקש להישאר בעילום שם.
התמונה צולמה משם עם שקים של תרומות לצבא, ציוד לחיילים.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:00 pm WaPo has this article on the historical background of the conflict
Thanks!!
sugar magnolia

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:02 pm
Noam Blum 🚡 @neontaster wrote: ...paid for the plane tickets for anyone who showed him a reserve duty callup notice. He ended up paying for 250 tickets.
If they are official military callups, why is anyone having to pay for their tickets? Wouldn't the Gov't take care of that?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Ben-Prime »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:08 am
Noam Blum 🚡 @neontaster wrote: ...paid for the plane tickets for anyone who showed him a reserve duty callup notice. He ended up paying for 250 tickets.
If they are official military callups, why is anyone having to pay for their tickets? Wouldn't the Gov't take care of that?
For an international flight to come home to Israel from the U.S.? Wow. Would our own government do that in reverse? I ... seriously did not know that this was a thing. I always assumed that travel was at one's own expense if one chose not to be in the area of the reserve duty location.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
sugar magnolia

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by sugar magnolia »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:47 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:08 am
For an international flight to come home to Israel from the U.S.? Wow. Would our own government do that in reverse? I ... seriously did not know that this was a thing. I always assumed that travel was at one's own expense if one chose not to be in the area of the reserve duty location.
I don't actually know but it seems like they would. Otherwise, what keeps them from saying nope, not coming home, I'm too broke? Doesn't the military pay when they transfer active duty soldiers internationally? If they've been reactivated isn't that active duty?

When my daughter was deported from Turkey, they paid for her flight back to the US so maybe that's where I got the notion from.
raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

Sen. Bernie Sander's statement:
Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 11.22.36 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 11.22.36 AM.png (311.5 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
He posted it on X/Twitter, but it isn't working there for some reason.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:16 pm Sen. Bernie Sander's statement:
Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 11.22.36 AM.png
He posted it on X/Twitter, but it isn't working there for some reason.
Free speech Elon Muskivich strikes again?

But perfect balanced statement, btw.
raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

https://twitter.com/allenanalysis/statu ... 6309345753
Brian Allen @allenanalysis wrote: There are increasing reports suggesting that intelligence agencies, including those of Israel and the United States, had intercepted information about the Hamas attack. Concurrently, the recent stock transactions by certain members of Congress, where they significantly invested in defense stocks just two weeks ago, have sparked questions regarding whether they had advanced knowledge of the unfolding events.

U.S. Congress members have been investing in stocks related to war and defense. Several of them purchased shares of General Dynamics ($GD), a major defense company. Additionally, many Republicans have heavily invested in oil and energy companies, with purchases in ExxonMobil ($XOM), Devon Energy ($DVN), and Chevron ($CVX).

The public is curious about how they had this information when others did not.

Here is the list of U.S. Congress members who currently hold stocks that could be influenced by developments in the Middle East, including Tommy Tuberville and MTG.
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

Egypt warned Israel of Hamas attack days earlier, senior US lawmaker says
Head of US foreign affairs committee says warning was given, but it is unclear ‘at what level’, supporting claims reported from Egyptian sources

Staff and agencies
Thu 12 Oct 2023 09.20 CEST

The chair of the powerful US House foreign affairs committee has said Israel received a warning from Egypt of potential violence three days before Hamas caught Israeli forces off-guard in a large-scale attack.

“We know that Egypt has warned the Israelis three days prior that an event like this could happen,” the Republican Michael McCaul told reporters on Wednesday, after a closed-door intelligence briefing for lawmakers on the crisis.

“I don’t want to get too much into classified [details], but a warning was given. I think the question was at what level.”

McCaul said the attack may have been planned as long as a year ago. “We’re not quite sure how we missed it. We’re not quite sure how Israel missed it,” he told reporters.

Cairo has not commented officially on suggestions that it may have offered an early warning to Israel. However, Egyptian media with close ties to intelligence services on Wednesday quoted senior security sources denying Israeli press reports that such a warning was issued.

Egyptian intelligence services repeatedly warned Israel that the desperate humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip meant it could “explode”, the Financial Times quoted two officials as saying on Wednesday. The warnings were not of a specific attack but were more general, the officials reportedly said.

On Monday, an Egyptian official told the Associated Press that Egypt, which often serves as a mediator between Israel and Hamas, had spoken repeatedly with the Israelis about “something big”, without elaborating.

The unnamed official claimed Israeli officials were focused on the West Bank and played down the threat from Gaza. “We have warned them an explosion of the situation is coming, and very soon, and it would be big. But they underestimated such warnings,” said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... fairs-gaza
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:30 pm
► Show Spoiler
I'll work on adding party affiliations to all the names later.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... us-israel/
U.S. officials and the Qatari government have agreed to stop Iran from accessing a $6 billion account for humanitarian assistance in light of Hamas’s attack on Israel, Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo told House Democrats on Thursday, according to two people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the private remarks.

The decision not to permit access to the money comes just a few weeks after the U.S. and Iranian governments announced a deal to set up the humanitarian assistance as part of a prisoner swap aimed at easing hostilities in the region. U.S. officials had to approve each transaction under the agreement. The fund is financed by Iranian oil sales.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

Syria's two main airports out of service after Israel strikes: state media
Damascus (AFP) – Israeli strikes knocked Syria's two main airports out of service on Thursday, Syrian state media said, in the first such attack since a weekend Hamas onslaught on Israel triggered fierce fighting.

12/10/2023 - 19:15

Israeli strikes have repeatedly caused the grounding of flights at the airports in the capital Damascus and northern city Aleppo, both of which are controlled by the government of war-torn Syria.

The "simultaneous" strikes "damaged landing strips in the two airports, putting them out of service", state media said, citing an unidentified military source.

Flights were re-routed through Latakia airport on the Mediterranean coast, according to Syria's transport ministry.

Israel's ambassador to Germany, Ron Prosor, confirmed the strike on Damascus airport, saying it was intended to thwart “weapons deliveries from Iran".

"These missiles, these drones are used against Israel," he said in an interview with German broadcaster Die Welt.

The latest strikes came as Hamas and Israel traded heavy fire for a sixth day, after hundreds of Hamas gunmen stormed across the border from Gaza into Israel on Saturday and killed 1,200 people, most of them civilians.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 ... tate-media
Note: from other sources: this may have been a reaction for likely Hizzbola firing rockets out of Syria into the Golan heights.
busterbunker

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by busterbunker »

And Turkey has seized the opportunity to chuck some bombs from their direction, as you noted on the Syria thread. Yikes. This could blow up.

Thanks for the info as we now enter the realm of propaganda war. Words can be lethal.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Flatpoint High »

busterbunker wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:53 pm And Turkey has seized the opportunity to chuck some bombs from their direction, as you noted on the Syria thread. Yikes. This could blow up.

Thanks for the info as we now enter the realm of propaganda war. Words can be lethal.
that's the idea.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
RTH10260

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by RTH10260 »

Lebanon: Israel shells militant targets across border

Published 1 day ago
By Mattea Bubalo BBC News

Israel says it has reinforced its northern area with thousands of extra units after trading fire with Lebanon.

Its army shelled militant targets in Lebanon after two missiles were fired at an Israeli military post near the unofficial border.

Three people were injured in the shelling which hit several towns and villages, Lebanese state media said.

The Hezbollah movement said the missiles were a response to the killing of three of its fighters on Monday.

The exchange came as Israel bombed Gaza in retaliation for Palestinian militant group Hamas' unprecedented attack.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said an anti-tank missile was fired from Lebanon towards an Israeli military post near the village of Arab al-Aramshe, which is just south of the UN-demarcated Blue Line - the unofficial border which separates Israel and Lebanon.

Hezbollah said it targeted the position "in a decisive retaliation to Zionist aggression on Monday". It claimed that the missile caused several Israeli casualties.

The IDF said that as part of its response to the attack, aircraft attacked an observation post inside Lebanon belonging to Hezbollah. Artillery also shelled the missile launch site. It did not report any casualties among its troops.

Lebanon's National News Agency reported that three civilians were wounded and 10 houses were damaged by Israeli fire in the town of Marwahin. The towns of Yarin, and Dharya were also hit, it said.

"We have deployed tens of thousands additional units along the northern border," IDF spokesperson Jonathan Conricus said on Wednesday, referring to infantry, special forces, armoured forces, artillery, air forces and intelligence.

"The message to Hezbollah is very clear. If they will try to attack, we are ready and vigilant along our border," he added.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67077736
Note: from other sources, there seem to have been an incursion of a handful of Hisbollah fighters into northern Israel border region. Hizzbola seems to have started to concentrate fighters just north of the border. Detected by drones. Israel flew fighter and drone attacks in response. Some source claims that a command post including a commander got destroyed, possibly including an ammo depot.
raison de arizona

Hamas Attacks Israel

Because it's so funny that innocent civilians are without running water or electricity. Freaking hilarious. Right?
Censored Men @CensoredMen wrote: 🇵🇸🇮🇱 Israeli man releases a video teasing those in Gaza for not having water or electricity.
Suranis

Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by Suranis »

Yes, one "Israeli guy" is a dick.

Also it's probably a 99% chance that's a fake bit of propaganda by someone or other.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Foreign Countries and Culture”