trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

Lock up yer ketchup DC, guess who’s making his triumphant return there for the first time since being given the boot.

3pm 7/26
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

https://www.politicususa.com/2022/07/16 ... ghter.html

For those of us who are unclear on the concept of felony murder as it relates to non participants:

Is this really a viable argument that can be made against tfg? I would assume that there would be a host of available defenses to any charge.

It seems to me that if he did some criming in this area, that this would be more important than trying to get charges on witness tampering or other election-related issues. To my naive way of thinking, it is harder for his allies to claim politics with a murder charge than it would be for the other matters.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
tek

Post by tek »

Who is the most jewish deranged, well-known Democrat asshole on Martha’s Vineyard? Me! I didn’t get invited!”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In a barrage of 14 posts today, Trump ends the shortest mourning period for an ex-wife since Henry VIII planned Jane Seymour’s coronation during Anne Boleyn’s execution.
bob

Post by bob »

The lawyer, William J. Olson, was promoting several extreme ideas to the president.
Olson may be "little known" to most, but not to the birf obsessed :bag: : Olson is an OG birfer.

humblescribe wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:10 pm For those of us who are unclear on the concept of felony murder as it relates to non participants:

Is this really a viable argument that can be made against tfg?
No.

The felony-murder "rule" applies only to certain felonies (in certain jurisdictions).

And it applies only to (major) participants. (Planners and masterminds, however, are almost always considered to be major.) What makes a participant "major" varies by jurisdiction; SCOTUS too also has set a floor.

That article, by the way, urged only manslaughter, based on a failure to exercise due care. That belief is problematic; the First Amendment being one such problem.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

It's too bad we value the 1st Amendment. The right wing is of the opinion that if the 1st Amendment was really important that it would be in the 2nd Amendment.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Too bad, so sad. Poor, pitiful tfg. I’m half surprised they even responded to his childlike tantrum.
Pulitzer Board Rejects Trump’s Demand To Yank Prizes From Post And NYT

The board that administers Pulitzer Prizes denied former President Trump’s request to revoke the prizes that the Washington Post and the New York Times won in 2018 for their reports on the Trump campaign and his administration’s ties to Russian interference in the presidential election.

In a statement on Monday, the Pulitzer board said it rejected Trump’s demand after it commissioned two independent reviews that were “conducted by individuals with no connection to the institutions whose work was under examination, nor any connection to each other.” Both reviews concluded that the awards stand.

“The separate reviews converged in their conclusions: that no passages or headlines, contentions or assertions in any of the winning submissions were discredited by facts that emerged subsequent to the conferral of the prizes,” the board wrote.
:snippity:
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/puli ... mes-prizes

The statement: https://www.pulitzer.org/news/statement ... ze-board-2
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:02 pm Too bad, so sad. Poor, pitiful tfg. I’m half surprised they even responded to his childlike tantrum.
Pulitzer Board Rejects Trump’s Demand To Yank Prizes From Post And NYT

The board that administers Pulitzer Prizes denied former President Trump’s request to revoke the prizes that the Washington Post and the New York Times won in 2018 for their reports on the Trump campaign and his administration’s ties to Russian interference in the presidential election.

In a statement on Monday, the Pulitzer board said it rejected Trump’s demand after it commissioned two independent reviews that were “conducted by individuals with no connection to the institutions whose work was under examination, nor any connection to each other.” Both reviews concluded that the awards stand.

“The separate reviews converged in their conclusions: that no passages or headlines, contentions or assertions in any of the winning submissions were discredited by facts that emerged subsequent to the conferral of the prizes,” the board wrote.
:snippity:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:cantlook:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Well, tfg is not happy about this, I guess it really isn’t a turn of events, since they didn’t really humor him anyway. But yeah.
4DD0D865-6E49-4EC7-A1B4-7861E74C3AED.jpeg
4DD0D865-6E49-4EC7-A1B4-7861E74C3AED.jpeg (173 KiB) Viewed 871 times
3D6D7E49-5129-4F86-B94F-66DBF439A595.jpeg
3D6D7E49-5129-4F86-B94F-66DBF439A595.jpeg (214.26 KiB) Viewed 871 times
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Daddy is a sore loser
:loser:

much ado

Post by much ado »

Daddy is a f*cking asshole.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Whine. Whine. Whine.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Doesn’t that really sum tfg up? Take the money now, while you still can…
6D56D64E-7D47-495C-81E2-7E39DDFC833B.png
6D56D64E-7D47-495C-81E2-7E39DDFC833B.png (414.64 KiB) Viewed 825 times
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm not a big golf fan to be honest, but who da fuq is Cam Smith?

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

And also, does he not realize that even if something better takes over the PGA as to being the best place to play golf for money, that the players who are the best golfers are gonna get paid. You'd think that he might have noticed when the USFL folded (because of him) that all the players went to the NFL and hardly missed a beat, certainly not a paycheck.

He's pretty stupid about business, ain't he?

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:18 pm :snippity:
He's pretty stupid about business, ain't he?
"In other news folks, water seems to be wet...we'll have film at 11...."
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:18 pm And also, does he not realize that even if something better takes over the PGA as to being the best place to play golf for money, that the players who are the best golfers are gonna get paid. You'd think that he might have noticed when the USFL folded (because of him) that all the players went to the NFL and hardly missed a beat, certainly not a paycheck.

He's pretty stupid ain't he?
FIFY
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Oh look who received Chinese money while President.

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/26715063 ... p-campaign
Two New York residents charged with funneling Chinese investor money to Trump campaign
Reuters

NEW YORK, July 18 (Reuters) - Two New York state residents were charged with illegally using funds from Chinese and Singaporean investors to donate $600,000 to then-President Donald Trump's re-election campaign in 2017, U.S. prosecutors said on Monday.

The scheme was part of an effort by Sherry Li and Lianbo Wang to showcase political connections as they sought funds to build a China-themed park in upstate New York, prosecutors said, adding that they raised $27 million in investment, but never completed the project.

Li called the park "Chinese Disneyland," according to a complaint filed in federal court in Brooklyn.

Prosecutors said Li and Wang made contributions in their own names to a committee hosting a fundraiser for Trump on June 28, 2017, but that the funds came from 12 foreign donors the pair had charged $93,000 each to attend the event with them.

U.S. campaign finance laws bar foreigners from contributing to political candidates, or being solicited for donations, but nothing prohibits foreign nationals from attending fundraisers, said Washington lawyer Kenneth Gross, an expert in election law.

Li and Wang, both naturalized U.S. citizens originally from China, were arrested in Long Island on charges of conspiracy to defraud the United States, as well as wire fraud and money laundering conspiracy.
Hic sunt dracones
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Under the radar today
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:16 pm I'm not a big golf fan to be honest, but who da fuq is Cam Smith?
Australian golfer that just won The Open.

He is under a lot of pressure to jump from the PGA to the LIV especially from Greg Norman.

It sounds to me like TFG is gearing up to do to the LIV what he did with the USFL.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
raison de arizona

keith wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:40 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:16 pm I'm not a big golf fan to be honest, but who da fuq is Cam Smith?

He is under a lot of pressure to jump from the PGA to the LIV especially from Greg Norman.

It sounds to me like TFG is gearing up to do to the LIV what he did with the USFL.
I know there are those that take issue, but LIV is blood money. It’s the Saudi’s attempt to buy their way back into polite society. Not that they need much help now that Biden has gone back on his campaign rhetoric.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:45 pm
keith wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:40 pm

I know there are those that take issue, but LIV is blood money. It’s the Saudi’s attempt to buy their way back into polite society. Not that they need much help now that Biden has gone back on his campaign rhetoric.
And TFG wants some of it.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
raison de arizona

This crap reads like McCarthy was prevented from putting anyone on the committee, which is fiction, as opposed to reality, which is that he refused to put anyone on the committee. I’m sure the rubes eat it up though.
ACD3C672-7ACB-47D3-B75E-F6653FA6577A.jpeg
ACD3C672-7ACB-47D3-B75E-F6653FA6577A.jpeg (274.93 KiB) Viewed 636 times

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”