Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
pipistrelle

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

Don’t forget Rebekah Jones and the police raid.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/20 ... er-status/
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:46 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:23 am
p0rtia wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:02 am

I'm going to get started early breaking my NY's Resolutions.

I find it vile that his team thinks it's okay to use his wife's quite serious health issues to hide from his responsibilities and to garner sympathy. And even less charitably, I think, based on how such diagnoses and treatments progress, this "accompanying his wife" claim is a bald-faced lie.

Happy New Year.
I agree it's reprehensible to use that as an excuse, but I'm not sure what you mean by the highlighted part.
"Accompanying his wife" IMO implies that there is an ongoing series of doctor visits or treatments that has kept him from his office or from any public appearances for two weeks. I am unaware of any part of the process of diagnosis, planning, and treatment that fits this bill other than radiation treatments. Which last about ten minutes each weekday for a number of weeks. Not exactly a full-time responsibility.

I note also that his despicable spox's reference to taking a few days off to be with the family, while perfectly reasonable, conflicts with the "accompanying his wife" scenario.
I'm not sure where exactly she is in the process, but for the first 2-3 weeks of my diagnosis if my husband had attended all my appointments he would have had to take 2 weeks off. I sometimes had as many as 4 or 5 appointments in one day. I think only 1 day out of the initial 2 weeks I had no appts at all. If he went to chemo with me, he'd have to take the entire day off each time because the fist round was 7.5 hour infusions. The next round is only supposed to be 2-3 hours thank goodness. It's insane how much testing they do before the chemo even starts.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

As an elected official in the top state office even then he should find time to do some work from home or with assistance of aids and not go total offline. Even then one could expect him to show up to a few words to reporters (eg invited) on the steps or in the garden of the hospital while waiting for his spouse return from the doctor. Having someone feeding old stuff on his twit account is subpar, one would expect that the second in command would know how to make an appearance.

This to be the operting mode of a future-to-be potus?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:19 am
p0rtia wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:46 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:23 am

I agree it's reprehensible to use that as an excuse, but I'm not sure what you mean by the highlighted part.
"Accompanying his wife" IMO implies that there is an ongoing series of doctor visits or treatments that has kept him from his office or from any public appearances for two weeks. I am unaware of any part of the process of diagnosis, planning, and treatment that fits this bill other than radiation treatments. Which last about ten minutes each weekday for a number of weeks. Not exactly a full-time responsibility.

I note also that his despicable spox's reference to taking a few days off to be with the family, while perfectly reasonable, conflicts with the "accompanying his wife" scenario.
I'm not sure where exactly she is in the process, but for the first 2-3 weeks of my diagnosis if my husband had attended all my appointments he would have had to take 2 weeks off. I sometimes had as many as 4 or 5 appointments in one day. I think only 1 day out of the initial 2 weeks I had no appts at all. If he went to chemo with me, he'd have to take the entire day off each time because the fist round was 7.5 hour infusions. The next round is only supposed to be 2-3 hours thank goodness. It's insane how much testing they do before the chemo even starts.
Agreed. It was Oct 4 when Ms. DeSantis's diagnosis was announced. That says nothing about when her diagnosis occurred (Amy Klobuchar did not announce her diagnosis until post lumpectomy/radiation), but it does rule out that first few weeks of frenzy. If she is currently getting chemo, that, as you say would be one long day (and good on him if he sat and waited the entire time), but not two weeks. On a side note, we don't know the specifics about the diagnosis; Ms. DeSantis is in her early forties, which can mean a crappy diagnosis. I hope not, but ugh. Really pulling for her.

Twitter is crawling with people trashing Ms. DeSantis--saying she lied about her cancer to cover fuck-head's imagined COVID, etc. This is what that monster and his press people let her in for.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

None of that explains why post older photos as current. And isn’t there a lt. gov. who could release tests in absence of gov.?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:02 am None of that explains why post older photos as current. And isn’t there a lt. gov. who could release tests in absence of gov.?
Not releasing those test kits is a feature. How can they scream that Biden is the worst president ever because he can't even get test kits out if the State of Florida is actually sending those test kits out? They can't. It has been reliably reported that the State of Florida has a huge stockpile of test kits that are close to expiration date. It is much easier for DeSantis to sit on his hands and avoid releasing those test kits if reporters are not asking him, on tv, every single day, why he isn't releasing those test kits. And how do you get reporters to not ask you every single day about why you aren't releasing test kits? Go MIA, that's how.

Have no fear, as soon as those kits expire, all the various and sundry reasons why DeSantis is MIA will magically disappear and he will be back on TV telling us how wonderful he is and how wonderful Florida is doing, Covid has all but disappeared. On the other side of his mouth he will be screaming about why there aren't any "viable" test kits available - Biden must be impeached!
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:02 am None of that explains why post older photos as current. And isn’t there a lt. gov. who could release tests in absence of gov.?
Exactly. It's a refutation of the crap that has been posted on his Twitter feed to cover up the fact that he is AWOL.

There is no one leading a COVID response in the state. DeSantis is using it exactly as TFG used it: to score political points with the rabble, and to try to put money in the pockets of people he thinks will be allies.

FYI, Florida Dept of Health is complicit in this cluster fuck. They do not mention the word "mask" on their website, and barely mention vaccines. It's all about monoclonal antibodies with the occasional "stay at home if you're sick" thrown in. It is world-class appalling.

Ignore, ignore, ignore. Of course he didn't ask the Lt. Gov. or anyone else to step in--that would be acknowledging that something is wrong.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

[Does anyone have the graphic of the house that has burned down, captioned with something like "We have the lowest rates of flames/fires in the nation!" ??? Which is a parody of DeSantis preening about how low death rates were in florida--after a summer wherein 22,000 people died of Delta. I have it somewhere but can't find it.]

Never mind. See below.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Found it:
Sharp Decline in Flames DeSantis.jpg
Sharp Decline in Flames DeSantis.jpg (216.16 KiB) Viewed 776 times
filly

Post by filly »

So I don't believe they are making up the story about her breast cancer. But his disappearance and his nasty spokeswoman's statement implies (to me) that treatment/care is taking places elsewhere, as in, not in Florida. Which is interesting.

It is ridiculous that they kept this a huge secret with his people posting old photos to imply he is around and working. If they just told the breast cancer treatment story at the beginning, all of this uproar could've been avoided. But they didn't. Florida is going through a rolling disaster right now, and he is MIA because he doesn't want to face the consequences of his deadly COVID policies. It's like Abbott demanding FEMA assistance from the federal government to handle the surge. These guys are all cowards.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Mrs De Santis was diagnosed in October 2021. I seriously doubt they waited 3-4 months to begin.

Sugar, is the 4 month mark a significant period in treatment?

It’s highly likely this is his excuse for doing jack about the omicron surge in the state he “serves”. He’s all about herd immunity, isn’t he? Or in his case “I heard having COVID protects you forever”.

I wish her great success in her treatment. I hope this episode tarnishes his orange glow.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:10 am
Not releasing those test kits is a feature. How can they scream that Biden is the worst president ever because he can't even get test kits out if the State of Florida is actually sending those test kits out? They can't. It has been reliably reported that the State of Florida has a huge stockpile of test kits that are close to expiration date. It is much easier for DeSantis to sit on his hands and avoid releasing those test kits if reporters are not asking him, on tv, every single day, why he isn't releasing those test kits. And how do you get reporters to not ask you every single day about why you aren't releasing test kits? Go MIA, that's how.

Have no fear, as soon as those kits expire, all the various and sundry reasons why DeSantis is MIA will magically disappear and he will be back on TV telling us how wonderful he is and how wonderful Florida is doing, Covid has all but disappeared. On the other side of his mouth he will be screaming about why there aren't any "viable" test kits available - Biden must be impeached!
I get the intention. My contention is a reasonable person would think, “put the lt. gov. in charge, get the kits distributed, and stop pretending you’re at a bagel shop while saying you’re at cancer treatment.”

For two weeks I wonder if the treatment is well away from Florida.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:28 pm

For two weeks I wonder if the treatment is well away from Florida.
Has anyone checked Cancun? Wife getting medical treatment in Mexico whilst husband has a holiday in Mexico?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:19 pm Mrs De Santis was diagnosed in October 2021. I seriously doubt they waited 3-4 months to begin.
Not so. Chemo and/or radiation quite often happen two to four months after initial diagnosis. There is also at least a month between diagnosis and any action other than tests, at all.

If Ms. Desantis' diagnosis involved a lumpectomy, and she required only radiation (and not chemo), she might well have had a lumpectomy in Sept or Oct, and be doing radiation now--which is why I posited that this was a possible reason to say he was "accompanying her". But as I said, it's like in and out, with no unpleasant chemo after effects, so no reason for him to disappear.

If he did indeed accompany her to one treatment, that sound, unfortunately, more like chemo. The timing works fine.
filly

Post by filly »

Not all breast cancer is the same. My mom had inflammatory breast cancer (one of the worst kinds) and she was treated immediately with chemo to reduce the size of the tumor for several months prior to her mastectomy, then followed by more chemo and radiation.

If Mrs. DeSantis is in the chemo phase, being in a raging COVID place (I know it's raging everywhere but Florida is one of the most egregious amongst the raging) is not a good place for her. It's why I suspect they went elsewhere "somewhat" safer. It's a sad irony. It still doesn't explain him disappearing during a crisis.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

filly wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:17 pm
If Mrs. DeSantis is in the chemo phase, being in a raging COVID place (I know it's raging everywhere but Florida is one of the most egregious amongst the raging) is not a good place for her. It's why I suspect they went elsewhere "somewhat" safer. It's a sad irony. It still doesn't explain him disappearing during a crisis.
He actually brought her to a crowded concert, as it turns out.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Brave DeSantis ran away.
Bravely ran away away.
When Covid reared it's ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave DeSantis turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Swiftly taking to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat.
Bravest of the brave, DeSantis!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:31 pm Brave DeSantis ran away.
Bravely ran away away.
When Covid reared it's ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave DeSantis turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Swiftly taking to his feet,
He beat a very brave retreat.
Bravest of the brave, DeSantis!
:clap:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:winner:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:36 pm
filly wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:17 pm
He actually brought her to a crowded concert, as it turns out.
I have many questions about this.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Me too. But I condemn the he "brought her" take. It's 2022. She chose to go. Her choice.

More horrible ramifications from his press office dragging her into the story of where he has been hiding and what he has been doing. Sexism in those purporting to be progressives is annoying.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

filly wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:17 pm Not all breast cancer is the same. My mom had inflammatory breast cancer (one of the worst kinds) and she was treated immediately with chemo to reduce the size of the tumor for several months prior to her mastectomy, then followed by more chemo and radiation.
My initial "I have a lump" appt was on Sept 23, my first chemo on Oct 11. The chemo would have started a week earlier if the surgeon had been able to schedule placing the port any sooner.
4 rounds, 3 weeks apart
4 rounds 2 weeks apart starts Monday
Surgery after that then chemo every 3 weeks for a year with the possibility of radiation.
Some people do chemo once a week, some once a month, and some every 6 weeks. Radiation can be daily, weekly or monthly.
I don't think any 2 courses of treatment are the same for any 2 women, and they are likely to change during the treatment anyway. They've already changed mine twice.
For me personally, if I had small kids my husband (or someone) would have to be here all the time because there is no way in hell I'd be able to manage them with all the side effects I'm having. I'm 3 weeks out from my last chemo and still in the bed in pain. I can barely heat something in the microwave without help. Said not for sympathy, just as explanation. He could just as easily announced he was cutting back on his schedule due to her chemo or whatever.

My suspicion is that he's letting this play out as it is to own the libs. He, and she, are obviously still around because of the 2 public appearances in the last week, but it's much more fun for him to keep his mouth shut and then come back later and make fun of everyone for thinking he was not around. Oh, look at those stupid Dems and their crazy conspiracy theories. I was here all along taking care of my poor wife!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Cruz blamed his daughters for the Cancun screw-up; DeSantis is blaming his wife. I don't doubt that she has cancer, and, yes, he could be helping her, but I'm guessing he's hiding with Covid, and using her as the excuse, just the way Cruz did. No matter what, he's MIA at a time when his state needs him.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:41 pm Cruz blamed his daughters for the Cancun screw-up; DeSantis is blaming his wife. I don't doubt that she has cancer, and, yes, he could be helping her, but I'm guessing he's hiding with Covid, and using her as the excuse, just the way Cruz did. No matter what, he's MIA at a time when his state needs him.
2 public appearances in a week isn't exactly MIA.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”