Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
pipistrelle

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:02 pm
Resume18 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:52 pm Could it be more obvious?
I guess she could jump up from the bench next time he's in her courtroom and run over and kiss him, while stuffing money in his pocket with one hand and shoving the other down his pants. Other than that, probably not.
Hasn't that been a cartoon? Or close to it?

(I recall the one where she's not on the bench because she's at the defense table.)
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

And now "Judge" Cannon has taken it upon herself to dimiss Don Donnies case in its entirety 'cause reasons.....

https://us.cnn.com/2024/07/15/politics/ ... index.html[/url]

CNN

Judge Aileen Cannon has dismissed the classified documents case against Donald Trump.

In a ruling Monday, Cannon said the appointment of special counsel Jack Smith violated the Constitution.

“In the end, it seems the Executive’s growing comfort in appointing ‘regulatory’ special counsels in the more recent era has followed an ad hoc pattern with little judicial scrutiny,” Cannon wrote.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :brickwallsmall:
In a ruling Monday, Cannon said the appointment of special counsel Jack Smith violated the Constitution.

as above in https://us.cnn.com/2024/07/15/politics/ ... index.html

So the path to the Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit is free for Jack Smith.

But can he squash that FL judicial bug sitting in the Southern District of Florida?
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Our next SCOTUS ass. Justice if TFG wins in November!
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I am shocked I tell you, just shocked. :roll:
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

She couldn't be more obvious if she were ******* his ****,
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:16 am So the path to the Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit is free for Jack Smith.

But can he squash that FL judicial bug sitting in the Southern District of Florida?
Silver linings!

Perhaps some lawtalkin' folk here have insight (a posteriorly extracted opinion will also suffice) on how the Eleventh Circuit might react?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Does she show any rulings to support her reasoning? No? The only thing she cites is Thomas' claim 3 different times.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bob

Post by bob »

Yes, the prosecutor can appeal the 11th Circuit, and likely will.

Yes, the prosecutor can ask for reassignment to a different judge, and probably will. (The 11th Circuit can do this even if not asked to do so.)

But, yes, this case likely will go to SCOTUS. So a trial wouldn't happen for at least a year. Or maybe two. Or maybe never.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

... probably never. :(
far beyond ... far beyond ...
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

And what timing! First day of the convention.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Ladies and gentlemen this time next year she'll be the newest member of the DC court of appeals... :cantlook:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

She should be a speaker. :notlistening:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:bunny: :cheer2: :cheer1: :guntootin: :fiesta:

I 100% believe that not only will this be overturned, but I do believe the 11th circuit will remove her from the case. If any of the lawyers believe otherwise, can you :prettyplease: wait at least 15 minutes to burst my bubble so I can at least have a few minutes of pretend happiness? :lol:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
realist

Post by realist »

This idea has been rejected many times. The only oerson advocating this is Justice Thomas and that’s the reasoning she used.

I hope the 11th Circuit will once again slap her down. Hard.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Delarin
Verified: ❌ This is not the Delarin you're looking for.

Post by Delarin »

So by this reasoning, the appointment of David Weiss as special counsel in the Hunter Biden case is also unconstitutional, isn't it?

I also note that at the beginning of Cannon's order, it says it applies only to this particular case... :think:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Okay using cannons logic the case hunter Biden should be thrown out
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Delarin wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:00 pm So by this reasoning, the appointment of David Weiss as special counsel in the Hunter Biden case is also unconstitutional, isn't it?

I also note that at the beginning of Cannon's order, it says it applies only to this particular case... :think:
Sounds like she just makes it up as she goes along
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I didn't even raise an eyebrow when I read about this bullshit. That's how jaded I've become.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It’s unconstitutional because she says it is?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:26 pm I didn't even raise an eyebrow when I read about this bullshit. That's how jaded I've become.
We all knew it was coming. She delayed this as much as she could for 2 years and Thomas just gave her an out.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I hope they slap her down and draw blood on the silly bitch. Loudly. In public. With circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Resume18 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:02 am She couldn't be more obvious if she were ******* his ****,
She had to Hawk Tuwa a few times. She kept missing.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

He can't appeal, he's unconstitutional. :fingerwag:

I'm not 100% certain he even still exists, in violation of the Constitution.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”