Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Well, damn! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:54 pm Violas only have 4 strings. How do I know? I've been married to a music teacher for over 45 years. ;)
(Doing my best Nigel Tufnel impersonation): But our violas go up to FIVE strings!

I suppose a fifth string would allow the viola player to get out the ghetto that is the alto clef.
much ado

Post by much ado »

much ado

Post by much ado »

(It's a viola.)
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

jcolvin2 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:16 pm
Volkonski wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:54 pm Violas only have 4 strings. How do I know? I've been married to a music teacher for over 45 years. ;)
(Doing my best Nigel Tufnel impersonation): But our violas go up to FIVE strings!

I suppose a fifth string would allow the viola player to get out the ghetto that is the alto clef.
:lol: However fictional musician Nigel Tufnel played the guitar which has 6 strings which are plucked not bowed.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Off Topic
Both violins and violas have four strings.

Viola, when played on an open string, are C, G, D, A.

Violin, when played on an open string, are G, D, A, E.

Violas are wider and bigger than violins.
Edit to add that CLASSIC violas are four string, just like violins. There are luthiers who make 5-string violas...but those are not classic violas LOL.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Off Topic
Why a Five String Viola?

Strings are C, G, D, A, E.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

much ado wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:34 pm Image
Jean-Luc Picard still only sees 4 strings.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
tek

Post by tek »

Off Topic
This went into hijack territory pretty quickly :oopsy:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

tek wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:36 am
Off Topic
Awww… :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:12 am
tek wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:36 am
Off Topic
Awww… :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:
364E897C-92B7-49C9-B459-96149DD8AC6B.jpeg
364E897C-92B7-49C9-B459-96149DD8AC6B.jpeg (55.41 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:54 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:06 am B4C5284B-DAB2-4D46-9FDA-FC902E6B6676.jpeg

This is a VIOLA emoji in honor of my grandson!
Violas only have 4 strings. How do I know? I've been married to a music teacher for over 45 years. ;)
So you're telling me they're bass players?

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Justice Dept filing describes some of the answers given during FBI interrogation of high-profile Jan 6 defendant Doug Jensen of Iowa

"Jensen said that he wanted to be at the front of the mob at the Capitol so that he could be the “poster boy” and give all the attention to “Q”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:doh: I notice "the attention of Q" , not to ensure that the former guy would be designated potus :cantlook:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1514 ... 84516.html
Michael Jensen

Apr 14 • 11 tweets • 3 min read
A while ago, I started what I thought would be a quick exercise to confirm the narrative of J6 defendants as “ordinary” people with few links to extremists, extremist groups/movements. I began work on a network visualization and now I no longer find this narrative convincing. 1/
Extremists.jpg
Extremists.jpg (137.04 KiB) Viewed 1119 times

Several thousand pages of court documents and countless social media posts later, I have added 244 defendants to this visualization, which maps the extremist connections of and between the rioters. 2/

That’s approximately 30% of all defendants. While that’s not a majority, a 30% rate of affiliation with extremism/extremist beliefs among a collective of apparently “ordinary” individuals is an astounding number. 3/

Of these 244 defendants, 108 were members of at least one extremist organization. 136 self-identified as members of extremist movements or publicly praised extremist groups and their beliefs. 4/

These defendants form nearly 700 dyadic relationships to extremist groups/movements and other defendants with extremist affiliations. These aren’t ordinary relationships--or, at least, they shouldn’t be. 5/

Moreover, the “ordinary people” argument misses what the visualization shows--that J6 involved a number of influential defendants who acted as bridges in a larger network, facilitating the flow harmful ideas from one movement to another. 6/

Sure, the J6 defendants are “ordinary” in the sense that most of them have families, neighbors, and jobs, but who really believes that those are the things that distinguish extremists from everyone else? 7/

As @MillerIdris has masterfully pointed out, extremism has become far too mainstream, and I fear that the “ordinary people” narrative surrounding J6 only makes this problem worse. 8/
How Extremism Went Mainstream
Washington needs a new approach to preventing far-right violence.
https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles ... mainstream

It depicts aligning with extremist groups, even if indirectly, and/or adopting their beliefs and attempting to violently end democracy as something “ordinary” people do. It’s not. 9/

Given that we are really just beginning to learn about the extent of co-conspiring between the rioters ahead of J6 (not to mention that there will likely be hundreds more arrests), I expect this visualization to get even more complex and dense in the weeks ahead. 10/

This is a work in progress, but we are working on turning it into an interactive visualization for the @START_UMD @RaD_UMD website. Stay tuned. END/
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I need a more zoomable version I that picture, looks interesting.

Here’s a new one.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/4 ... y-to-trial
Proud Boys fold like a cheap suit, Oath Keepers raked by judge on way to trial

In one courtroom in Washington, D.C., on Friday, a leader of the neofascist, pro-Trump Proud Boys, Charles Donohoe, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to obstruct the 2020 election and assaulting a police officer during the melee at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

In another courtroom just nearby, nearly a dozen members of the Oath Keepers listened in as a federal judge gave the extremist group’s defense attorneys a heaping dose of reality as they—and the nation—careen toward a historic seditious conspiracy trial later this year.

According to court records, Donohoe admitted that around Dec. 19, 2020, Proud Boys leader Henry “Enrique” Tarrio enlisted him into a special division of the group known as the Ministry of Self Defense.

It would focus on planning and executing national rallies, and communication was hot and heavy through messaging apps like Telegram.

Donohoe said that under Tarrio’s leadership, he and co-defendants Ethan Nordean, Joseph Biggs, and Zachary Rehl were given a series of tasks aimed at stopping the certification of the election by Congress on Jan. 6.
► Show Spoiler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:54 am I need a more zoomable version I that picture, looks interesting.
Yes I apoligise. I should have linked to one

It came from this twitter link.

https://twitter.com/MikeAJensen/status/ ... 3973184516

And here is a link to the full size zoomable image. It should open when you click on it

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQUQfCWXoAo ... =4096x4096
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:07 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:54 am I need a more zoomable version I that picture, looks interesting.
Yes I apoligise. I should have linked to one

It came from this twitter link.

https://twitter.com/MikeAJensen/status/ ... 3973184516

And here is a link to the image. It should open when you click on it

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FQUQfCWXoAo ... =4096x4096
Thanks, that's really quite fascinating, and more than a little disturbing.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Court sets PLEA HEARING for Friday in high-level Capitol riot case of James Mault & Cody Mattice

Pair has ties to upstate NY .. they're accused of deploying chem spray on Jan 6.. and Mattice appears to be crowd surfing above mob, in photos from charging documents
raison de arizona

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"I tore down the barricades"

A video image from an UBER ride.. and an exchange between the passenger and driver are included in the charging documents in one of the newest US Capitol breach cases

Jerry Braun of California
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Online sleuths also played a significant role in the case against Jerry Braun.

They spotted his business card poking out of his pocket.

https://nbcnews.com/politics/justice-de ... -rcna25023
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sentencing set for June 22 in the US Capitol of Derrick Evans of West Virginia, who had been elected to the state legislature before Jan 6, 2021

Guilty plea to civil disorder count. Circle the date.. to hear what judge says to an elected rep. https://justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/west-vir ... -6-capitol
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A tentative hello from Judge Amit Mehta's virtual courtroom, where the public line just clicked on (for me at least) for Jan. 6 def Mark Rebegila's sentencing. DOJ is seeking 60 days incarceration for a misdemeanor parading plea, he's seeking probation.

"The final stand here!"
:waiting:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”