Kamala Harris for President - 2024

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Pete with Jon Stewart (about Kamala Harris' campaign) :lol:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

John Jon Stewart is the finest interviewer on the planet right now.

Of course, here Pete is a superb interviewee and the two are pretty much on the same wavelength, but the way Stewart asks pointed questions, hard ones mixed in with a few soft balls and jokes AND THEN LETS HIS INTERVIEWEE ANSWER is just magnificent.

And when the interviewee starts deflecting or prevaricating or gish-galloping Stewart then goes in for the kill showing that his preparation is perfect and he knows what to expect.

21st Century Edward R. Murrow?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
much ado

Post by much ado »

That was excellent!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

While there are separate threads for House and Senate elections, let me ask here:
what is the outlook for Congress, this discussion seems to fly under the radar among the presidential candidates.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:39 am Whild there are separate threads for House and Senate elections, let me ask here:
what is the outlook for Congress, this discission seems to fly under the radar among the presidential candidates.
NPR talked to Frank Luntz (ugh) this morning on Morning Edition. He said that putting Harris on the ticket would help down ballot Ds. There were D voters (according to him) who weren't going to show up because they weren't enthusiastic about Biden; that meant the down ballot folks missed out on those votes, too. He figures Harris coming in will help down ballot D candidates. I hope he's right.

I personally don't understand "enthusiasm" voting but apparently it's a thing. Voting, to me, has always been about a duty. Kind of like brushing your teeth. It's a good thing, but not exciting and not awful. You just do it. Haven't missed any election since 1976; even when it's a runoff for local city council and like 15 other people vote.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Rolodex wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:18 am Voting, to me, has always been about a duty. Kind of like brushing your teeth. It's a good thing, but not exciting and not awful. You just do it. Haven't missed any election since 1976; even when it's a runoff for local city council and like 15 other people vote.
I'd say voting is a privilege, a right, and a duty.

I do get it though: while every vote counts, how much difference does my one vote in many millions matter? It makes almost zero difference. But many millions of those almost zeros add up to the difference between a vile orange dictator and an inspiring dynamic leader.
bob

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:39 am While there are separate threads for House and Senate elections, let me ask here:
what is the outlook for Congress, this discission seems to fly under the radar among the presidential candidates.
It is a brutal map for the Senate. Even with a good turnout for Democrats, they're unlikely to retain it. (They are defending six states, and need to keep five of those plus the vice presidency to retain control.)

Similarly, there are few truly competitive House seats. But the majority is so slim that good Democratic turnout might let them claim a new slim majority.

The bottom line is continued split control is likely.

With the Republicans more likely to obtain a trifecta than the Democrats.
Image ImageImage
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:21 am
Rolodex wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:18 am Voting, to me, has always been about a duty. Kind of like brushing your teeth. It's a good thing, but not exciting and not awful. You just do it. Haven't missed any election since 1976; even when it's a runoff for local city council and like 15 other people vote.
I'd say voting is a privilege, a right, and a duty.

I do get it though: while every vote counts, how much difference does my one vote in many millions matter? It makes almost zero difference. But many millions of those almost zeros add up to the difference between a vile orange dictator and an inspiring dynamic leader.
I agree.
didn'tvote.png
didn'tvote.png (431.19 KiB) Viewed 1064 times
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:21 am I do get it though: while every vote counts, how much difference does my one vote in many millions matter? It makes almost zero difference.
And this is why I don't stress over my dear relatives who vote Republican. I cannot change their minds. They are as stubborn as I am. But, ultimately, they are only a drop in the bucket. Moreover, if they are in Minnesota, they are less likely to affect the outcome of major races.

Edited to add - My Wisconsin sister and I have agreed to NOT discuss politics. We love each other and we will never agree on politics so we'll just leave it alone. We saw how much it upset Dad when, the few times he'd see his sister from New Mexico, they would butt heads and Dad would just have to leave the room. Just sad.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

In case a MAGA tries the Kamala Bar Exam bs:

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
SHUTDOWN LINE: MAGA keeps bringing up the irrelevant fact that Kamala Harris didn't pass the bar exam the first time. True, she graduated from UC Hastings in 1989 & passed in 1990. Guess who else didn't pass on their first attempt? Nixon, Bill Barr, John Bolton, & Rudy Giuliani.

GOP bar exam.JPG
GOP bar exam.JPG (76.62 KiB) Viewed 1009 times

OT but since Frank was mentioned, had no idea about this and it's a pretty wild tweet:

Frank Luntz Stroke.JPG
Frank Luntz Stroke.JPG (148.04 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

You know who never passed the bar? trump.

Oh, but you say he was a successful businessman? VP Harris never had to file bankruptcy.

See also: sued for scamming students with a fake university

Too also: VP Harris has never been forbidden from running a charity.

We can do this all day.
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:21 pm You know who never passed the bar? trump.
Trump presents that incomplete factoid as Kamala NEVER passed the bar exam.

Fuck him. I know several attorneys who didn't pass on try #1.. It's no big deal.

Dumps idea of a test "person woman man camera TV"
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:35 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:21 pm You know who never passed the bar? trump.
I know several attorneys who didn't pass on try #1.. It's no big deal.
My impression is many don't, and, yeah, you just try again like it was a trial run.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Saw a report that there were 10,000 at the Harris rally. That makes it look like tfg's rallies are maybe a couple/few thousand at best, just eyeballing.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

@todd_butler
Y'all 😂
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That made me smile.😊
May the bridges I burn light my way.

ImageImageImage x5
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:53 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:35 pm
I know several attorneys who didn't pass on try #1.. It's no big deal.
My impression is many don't, and, yeah, you just try again like it was a trial run.
https://lawschooli.com/bar-exam-pass-rate-by-state/
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I understand and enjoy the optimism – yay! go Kamala! – but, taking a step back, it is so depressing that almost (thankfully not quite) half of voters think that the felonious, demented, racist, cheating, lying, abusive, incompetent is to be preferred over, well, anybody, and especially over a charming, humane and competent person.

So stupid, so nasty, so irresponsible of those awful people.
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Today Nate Silver tweeted “It’s a a toss-up”. From his newsletter:
Nate Silver wrote:Last update: 12:15 p.m, Thursday, August 1: With Kamala Harris having another day of reasonably strong polling, we’re now officially in the zone where we can call the race a toss-up. She has a 54 percent chance of winning Michigan, a 50 percent chance of winning Wisconsin, a 47 percent chance of winning Pennsylvania, and a 45 percent chance of winning the Electoral College.
Latest probabilistic estimate:

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

By next week he's going to flip it to Harris. Look how fast his odds are tightening.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Harris is going into Arizona next week, among other places.

Return to “US President”