Hijack This Thread

tek

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by tek »

MsDaisy wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:35 pm Non - ADHD Story Telling.jpg

Pretty much.... :faint:
The ADHD version is pretty much every meeting I have at work these days. Usually I'm the bad-guy who keeps trying to get things back on track.

I punched out of the weekly all-engineering meeting last week after ten minutes of the CTO bantering with the new SVP of marketing. I have work to do.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

There are a number of coworkers I have limited to three words. They have to be able to sum up their request in three words or less, or I won't help them. And asking if I "have a second" doesn't count.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Yeah, if you allow more than three words, you get requests like: "Report results seem off."

Yes, that was a real request.
101010 :towel:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

My state doesn't yet allow the use of anything containing THC, but CBD products are legal. In trying to research them, however, to find out if they might be of any help for my pain or other issues, there is so much contradictory information it's almost impossible to tell if they have any legitimate value or not.

Has anyone here tried CBD products for pain or depression? What - if any - kind of results did you have? Is anyone aware of any reliable resources where I could read up more?

Thank you for any info you can offer!!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

northland10 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:42 am Yeah, if you allow more than three words, you get requests like: "Report results seem off."

Yes, that was a real request.
Information is a fractal. I've become a connoisseur of succinctness.

We are all busy. I write an executive summary with my recommendations at the top of a report followed by bullet points with summarized details. Those are followed by numbered sections with paragraphs that become increasingly granular the deeper you read.

But, I swear I put more effort into getting that single sentence executive summary right than I do in the morass that follows.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Anybody who never got around to attending the Gilroy Garlic Festival is SOL now as it is, for all intents & purposes, dead. Between the shooting, covid, the fact that it's been operating at a loss, even by non-profit standards, for years, and that the ginormous field they've always used for parking now has houses on it...⚰⚱

If they go forward in future years, it'll be a much smaller event, similar to the drive-thru food tent things they did last year to have something despite covid.

https://morganhilltimes.com/garlic-fest ... realistic/
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I can remember when a lot of the garlic came from Gilroy.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:45 pm I can remember when a lot of the garlic came from Gilroy.
Yeah, Fresno grows the most garlic these days, but most garlic processing is still done in Gilroy; which is why some mornings in processing season all of south county smells like an Italian restaurant.
Image Image Image Image
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:o

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

What did *wherever you are at* look like through the ages? https://dinosaurpictures.org/ancient-earth#0
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Lani

Post by Lani »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:28 am My state doesn't yet allow the use of anything containing THC, but CBD products are legal. In trying to research them, however, to find out if they might be of any help for my pain or other issues, there is so much contradictory information it's almost impossible to tell if they have any legitimate value or not.

Has anyone here tried CBD products for pain or depression? What - if any - kind of results did you have? Is anyone aware of any reliable resources where I could read up more?

Thank you for any info you can offer!!
Healthy Hemp Pet
https://healthyhemppet.com/
This company started with CBD for pets. I bought CBD treats for Ted because he was having trouble jumping into the car. In three days, he was jumping into the car. Then I gave the treats to him when there would be fireworks. They really scare him. (Chinese New Year, 4th of July, US New Years Eve, weddings, birthdays, etc., etc.) Well, he noticed the noise and didn't like it. But no shaking or freaking out. Instead, he took a nap.

Our vet said he was hearing A LOT of good things from clients, but hadn't found medical research articles about it. Yet there was Ted, moving around well, running, jumping in & out of the car.

Recently the company added some CBD for humans. They just sent me the cannashroom tea for free. I'm starting it today. Very nice people.

https://healthyhemppet.com/product/heal ... hroom-tea/
https://healthyhemppet.com/product/heal ... drops-750/

Charlotte's Web
https://www.charlottesweb.com/
A neighbor family moved to Colorado to get help with for their toddler's seizures. Worked with Charlotte's Web & a neurologist to reduce seizures and reduce medication that was harmful. They suggested that I buy gummies to help me sleep. And it did. Didn't knock me out. I just slept sooner. I bought the "calm" gummies, too, when it was on sale. Haven't tried it yet.

It has a variety of CBD gummies and oils. https://www.charlottesweb.com/all-charl ... te=279&p=5

Expensive, but often have sales. Buy one, get one half price, etc. I think you get 20% off with EARTH20.

Most CBD products have THC, but lower than 0.3%. It is fine in most states, but check your state. Also, some Charlotte's Web products have no THC.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/state ... gal-states
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:33 am
Healthy Hemp Pet
:snippity:
Thank you very much, Lani!!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That could be interesting to watch.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

RIP
Lani

Post by Lani »

Finally I found a nice condo, ground level, small complex. Lots of greenery, which Ted will love. Also a nice park a block away. And there's an outdoor patio that I can fence so Ted can lounge there.

Sent son w/agent this morning. Damn. The laundry is down a flight of stairs to the basement area. So now I'm looking at installing a dishwasher, a washer & a dryer. :( :brickwallsmall:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yay, Lani!

:winner:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Yep, but, I wasn't counting on installing 3 appliances. :(
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:30 am Finally I found a nice condo, ground level, small complex. Lots of greenery, which Ted will love. Also a nice park a block away. And there's an outdoor patio that I can fence so Ted can lounge there.

Sent son w/agent this morning. Damn. The laundry is down a flight of stairs to the basement area. So now I'm looking at installing a dishwasher, a washer & a dryer. :( :brickwallsmall:
Nice! (Except for the appliances part :( ) I hope you can find some that are reasonably priced!!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

And do you understand the difference between an unwanted pregnancy and a vaccine, pjhimself? :doh:
Katie Porter '28
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

pjhimself wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:44 am
Which shows how much smarter many of our students are than our adults.

Just maybe, if they can *stay* smart and if we can hold on to this democracy long enough for them to take over, they'll be able to undo enough of the damage done to it by the current batch of "leaders" and "patriots" to keep it going for another century or two.

Return to “General Stuff”