Hijack This Thread

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

Yesterday was my birthday. Where was my appreciation thread?????
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, if'n you're not pullin' mah chicken leg, I done looked at your profile, young lady. You haven't set your birthday. If the board doesn't know it's your birthday, it can't tell me.

The UCP is a beautiful thing.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

That's a helluva scary GIF, Flatpoint! I have calendared YOUR birthday on my IPhone so we don't see that GIF ever again!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Shocking - Youtube censorship

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:17 pm Shocking - Youtube censorship

https://youtu.be/zgmpJIyYY1Y
Reminds me of what a software vendor told me once: "That's not a bug, it's a feature."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

I finally remembered the name I was trying to recall on a Fogbow Zoom meetup a while back that dominated our feeds for a while— Mark Kessler.

He was the gun ammo-sexual police chief … and I was wondering what ever happened to him?
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:55 pm (You do know y’all are telling a former EMT/current Dr’s wife how to treat a puncture wound? :lol: )

Have a great trip!!
:lol:

I cleaned and dressed it and he made me take antibiotics. I hate antibiotics but it started getting pretty swollen and had a red line halfway up my thumb.
Thumb.jpg
Thumb.jpg (58.19 KiB) Viewed 1503 times
Today is the first day it seems completely back to normal... It was a really stupid thing, you can see how wee bitty the stab was just at the bottom part of my thumb. It was crazy how bad that damn thing hurt. :mad:

But London is nice, we (the girls) went to the theater last night and saw "Saturday Night Fever". It was a GREAT show and got a roaring standing ovation. :thumbsup: (Most people were masked even as they roared)
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:19 pm That's a helluva scary GIF, Flatpoint! I have calendared YOUR birthday on my IPhone so we don't see that GIF ever again!!!!!
Even more scary....the character was voiced by right wing nut actor James Woods...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:shock:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Tensions between Greece and Turkey are the last thing that NATO needs right now. :? Bet Putin is stirring this up. :mad:

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

OK, time to arm Greece to the max.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jazz music has been banned in New Orleans public schools? :shock: New Orleans is Jazz City, USA!
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

When was the ban last enforced?
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

From what I've read it was largely ignored.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Speaking of jazz in schools, look at this. It's a bird. It's a comet. It's a public school spewing across the county.

It's the radio coverage model for the Coleman Elementary School in Corvallis Oregon. They have worked with other contractors in the past and no one has answered the question why this school doesn't have the range other schools have.

Answer: It's in a bowl. There's a 200-400ft differential from the tiny valley floor the school is built in and the surrounding terrain with the exception of the main drag from the east. I suspect by the shape this is a long dormant fumarole. Fairly common around here.

Is there an easy solution? Yes. A couple hundred thousand dollars for a huge tower should help. Or a couple ten grand for a distributed networked system across the district would be cheaper. Then we could cut the footprint to conform to the distict shape. Somewhat. Radio likes to run free hither, thither and yon.

One attachment is just the jpg. Definitely looks like a comet and tail, but won't make any sense otherwise. The other is a zip file with the Google Earth kmz file inside. Extract the file, and view in GE. Then you can see the school, roads, etc, and how much that school radio doesn't cover.
Attachments
coleman es 35km 93p.zip
(47.05 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
coleman es 35km 93p.jpeg
coleman es 35km 93p.jpeg (60.69 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“El Salvador: State of emergency after 62 gang killings in a day”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-60893048

“He argued that many of the murders were ordered from behind bars and said prisoners belonging to rival gangs would be made to share cells in a bid to break up lines of communication.”

Interesting idea. :shock:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:13 am From what I've read it was largely ignored.
Yep. A non-profit I'm involved with gives out thousands of dollars a year to music and dance and performance programs in the schools.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Here's what my proposal coverage will look like along with the contribution of each site.
Attachments
mt view-coleman-lincoln-muddy 35km 93p best site.jpeg
mt view-coleman-lincoln-muddy 35km 93p best site.jpeg (246.54 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
mt view-coleman-lincoln-muddy 35km 93p.jpeg
mt view-coleman-lincoln-muddy 35km 93p.jpeg (197.65 KiB) Viewed 1337 times
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Sorry if this was posted earlier.

https://babylonbee.com/news/picard-susp ... our-lights
Picard Suspended From Twitter For Saying He Sees Only Four Lights

CELTRIS III—Jean-Luc Picard has been removed from Twitter following his controversial "There are four lights!" tweet. The highly respected Captain of the USS Enterprise starship has reportedly been removed until he agrees to delete the tweet.

“Your comments have gone against our community guidelines,” Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey explained. “Now if you delete your tweet and simply admit that there are five lights your account will be reinstated.”

Despite the clear instructions and simple request from Twitter, Picard has refused to budge, continuing to insist that’s what he sees. “THERE…ARE…FOUR…LIGHTS!” shouted a beleaguered, weary Picard. “How can I help but see what is before my eyes?”

“Sometimes, Picard. Sometimes there are five. Sometimes men are women. Sometimes women are men,” replied Jack Dorsey. “You must try harder Captain, it is not easy becoming sane.”
I read Babylon Bee rarely, but this had me laughing all day.
101010 :towel:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

The not funny part of this is the Babylon Bee has been suspended on Twitter since the 20th for posting that their "Man of the Year" is Rachel Levine. Twitter told them they can be unsuspended as soon as they delete the "hateful content." They've refused and remain suspended, so this Picard gag is supposed to equate to their situation.

Thus, they remain assholes.
Image Image Image Image
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

The Picard gag is from last October so I don't think they did it to equate to a recent banning (somebody I know shared it on FB which is how I found it).

This does not mean they are not assholes (I do not follow them enough to know or judge) just saying that, in this case, it is not a recent response to their recent banning.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Edward Snowden hasn't tweeted for more than a month now. He's barely posted since Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Before that, he tweeted just about every day. I wonder what's going on.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g

Post by bill_g »

As the Summer approaches, and our sales teams are writing proposals, I'm busy churning out plots. And it turns out they need me to cut it down into bite size pieces because people with administrative skill sets cannot digest Google Earth files. They need the most information packed into the smallest space. They don't what immersive knowledge. They just want the broad strokes.
Attachments
Medford SD portable coverage 75.jpg
Medford SD portable coverage 75.jpg (363.12 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
Medford SD mobile coverage 75.jpg
Medford SD mobile coverage 75.jpg (375.71 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
First Student dispatch office coverage 75.jpg
First Student dispatch office coverage 75.jpg (341.92 KiB) Viewed 1098 times

Return to “General Stuff”