Weather Alerts

AndyinPA
Verified:

Weather Alerts

Post by AndyinPA »

This wasn't expected when Helene looked to be heading west, but we are now starting to get wind and rain from it. To be fair, we badly need the rain, although not the wind. As of now, they expect it to go through, but then take another turn back over us (Sunday, I think) due to winds aloft.

Stay safe, those of you who have been and are much more in the path.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Rolodex

Weather Alerts

Post by Rolodex »

My house in NC will probably be fine (although the power is out), but the nearby small town is hit hard. Some of the streets look like rushing rivers. Others in the actual mountains are going to be stuck there a while.

Hope everyone here is with power and not stuck or flooded. I've seen some really sad flood pics from FL, ATL, NC. We happen to be have an absolutely gorgeous day. Low humidity, lovely breeze and sun (and temp in the 70s).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Weather Alerts

Post by RTH10260 »

:twisted: in the aftermath ask #45 to bring his campaign trail thru the devastation and throw you some paper rolls as assistance ...
Volkonski
Verified:

Weather Alerts

Post by Volkonski »

Helene death toll now up to 26. :(
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “General Stuff”