Assault on the Capitol (DC)

filly

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by filly »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:37 am
Today's Numbers
The number of federal cases against individuals involved in the Capitol Hill Siege stands at 703. According to our latest analysis of the cases:

Average age: 39-years-old
Individuals came from 45 states and the District of Columbia
Cases have been brought against 612 men (87%) and 91 women (13%)
The largest numbers came from Florida (75), Pennsylvania (63), and Texas (63)
The majority (>80%) were charged in part using evidence from their personal social media accounts, others' accounts, or both
81 (12%) have military experience (73 Veterans, 2 National Guard, 4 Reserve, 1 Active Duty, 1 Attending Basic Training)
151 (21%) have pleaded guilty
Link?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

filly wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:38 pm Link?
https://extremism.gwu.edu/Capitol-Hill-Cases
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

filly wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:38 pm
Today's Numbers
The number of federal cases against individuals involved in the Capitol Hill Siege stands at 703. According to our latest analysis of the cases:

The majority (>80%) were charged in part using evidence from their personal social media accounts, others' accounts, or both
81 (12%) have military experience (73 Veterans, 2 National Guard, 4 Reserve, 1 Active Duty, 1 Attending Basic Training)
Link?
https://extremism.gwu.edu/Capitol-Hill-Cases
raison de arizona

A Proud Boy is turning? Stay tuned!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

filly wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:38 pm
Today's Numbers

Link?
https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 324#p66324
raison de arizona

Fanone resigns from D.C. police force 11 months after battling insurrectionist mob at Capitol

Michael Fanone, the D.C. police officer who was dragged into a mob and beaten during the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, and later publicly excoriated lawmakers and others who downplayed the attack, said he submitted his resigned from the force Monday.

The 41-year-old officer will officially depart Dec. 31 after using previously acquired leave. Fanone, whose frequent appearances on national television caused consternation among police commanders, said he will be an on-air contributor to CNN on law enforcement issues. CNN did not immediately comment.

Fanone, who voted for Donald Trump in 2016 but did not support his reelection bid, spent months after the Jan. 6 riot repeatedly warning about threats to democracy, often alongside CNN anchor Don Lemon.

But his public appearances did not sit well with some fellow officers, who, according to Fanone, derided him in private Internet chat forums for police.

“Clearly there are some members of our department who feel their oath is to Donald Trump and not to the Constitution,
” Fanone said Monday. He said there are just two current D.C. police officers he still counts as friends.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... itol-riot/
filly

Post by filly »

Thanks everyone for the link, we try to post them when we quote.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: US Justice Dept announces arrest of Jim Bob Elliott of Illinois, who is accused of assaulting officer with a flagpole on Jan 6

More than 220 people are now charged with assaulting & resisting police in US Capitol attack
raison de arizona

The chem spray and bike rack were handed to him by strangers, so he isn't really responsible for what he did with them, dontchaknow?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just tourists... :whistle:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... itol-riot/
Michael Fanone, the D.C. police officer who was dragged into a mob and beaten during the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol and later publicly excoriated lawmakers and others who downplayed the attack, said he submitted his resignation from the force Monday.

The 41-year-old officer will officially depart on Dec. 31, after using previously acquired leave. Fanone, whose frequent appearances on national television caused consternation among police commanders, said he will be an on-air contributor to CNN on law enforcement issues. A CNN spokeswoman confirmed his new role.

Fanone, who voted for Donald Trump in 2016 but did not support his reelection bid, spent months after the Jan. 6 riot repeatedly warning about threats to democracy, often alongside CNN anchor Don Lemon.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

I really appreciate that you give a little synopsis of the tweets, Kendra. I know it takes more of your time, but it really helps me when I get behind to get the gist of the tweets without having to open/read/close.

Thanks! :dance:
Kendra wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:35 pm
Very interesting filing by feds in case of accused OathKeeper Jan 6 conspirator Tom Caldwell, arguing against easing his release conditions

They allege he did post-Jan 6 on-line searches about relocating to Costa Rica

And they show image of cell-phone disguised gun he'd bought
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

You are welcome.
raison de arizona

Klein won a "timeout" from home detention, he's going home for Christmas.
NEW: Court has ordered that former Trump Administration State Dept appointee Federico Klein *will* be permitted to travel to Virginia to spend Christmas Eve & Christmas Day with family... while on release in high-level Capitol riot case
Scott MacFarlane
@MacFarlaneNews
NEW: Former Trump Admin appointee & high-level US Jan 6 defendant Federico Klein asked for a "timeout" from his pretrial release in case to visit family in Virginia for Christmas Eve & Christmas Day

Pretrial services: We don't do "timeouts"

So Klein has filed court motion
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BIG, BIG HEARING at 2pm today in DC federal court

Accused Proud Boys Jan 6 conspirator Matthew Greene of Syracuse is scheduled to plead guilty. This could be a breakthrough in a large & particularly high level US Capitol riot case

Standby
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Sequoia32 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:09 pm I really appreciate that you give a little synopsis of the tweets, Kendra. I know it takes more of your time, but it really helps me when I get behind to get the gist of the tweets without having to open/read/close.

Very interesting filing by feds in case of accused OathKeeper Jan 6 conspirator Tom Caldwell, arguing against easing his release conditions

They allege he did post-Jan 6 on-line searches about relocating to Costa Rica

And they show image of cell-phone disguised gun he'd bought
Same goes for me, as for some reason Twitter links do not appear on my computer. I am a computer idjit, so things like this are to be expected . . .
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
realist

Post by realist »

humblescribe wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:12 pm
Sequoia32 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:09 pm I really appreciate that you give a little synopsis of the tweets, Kendra. I know it takes more of your time, but it really helps me when I get behind to get the gist of the tweets without having to open/read/close.

Same goes for me, as for some reason Twitter links do not appear on my computer. I am a computer idjit, so things like this are to be expected . . .
Me too, but only as of the last couple of weeks. Prior to that I had no problem.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Have y'all tried different browsers?
Katie Porter '28
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

realist wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:14 pm
humblescribe wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:12 pm

Me too, but only as of the last couple of weeks. Prior to that I had no problem.
On the old forum, tweets would come and go; sometimes I'd see them, sometimes I wouldn't. On this one, up until a few weeks ago, I always saw them. I made a comment to that effect on the problem thread, and it wasn't a week later that they disappeared for the first time on this forum. :confuzzled: Not seeing them again. If I'm really curious, I will go to the original reply thread and copy and paste the tweet. So I really, really also appreciate when Kendra posts tweets! :dance:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Stuff not appearing is one reason why I Just put links up and copy and paste text from twits.

Once again. if you just want to show a link without it autoplaying copy the link and select it and press the Image button above.

Cuts down on load times too.
Hic sunt dracones
Jim

Post by Jim »

Reboot your PC, windows will have updates pending that will cause little disruptions like this to happen.
bob

Post by bob »

Philly Inquirer: Bucks County man gets probation after his wife posted about his involvement in Capitol riot on Facebook:
Gary Edwards was sentenced to one year of probation, 200 hours of community service, a $2,500 fine, and to put $500 in restitution toward the $1.5 million in damage to the Capitol.

A Bucks County man whose wife’s Facebook postings tipped the FBI off to his part in the mob that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6 told a federal judge Monday that he was “ashamed” for his role — which included entering the breached building for more than 20 minutes and walking into a ransacked U.S. senator’s office — and that it was only after the couple watched the New York Times video report on the day that they saw the full scope of the violence.

Appearing in federal court in Washington, Gary Edwards, 68, of Churchville, was sentenced to one year of probation, 200 hours of community service, and to pay a fine of $2,500. Additionally, U.S. District Judge James E. Boasberg ordered Edwards to put $500 in restitution toward the $1.5 million in damage to the Capitol when rioters stormed the building in support of President Donald Trump as Congress inside worked to certify the results of the election.

Edwards told the judge he rode a bus with his ministry leaders from Newtown to the rally, with the intent to show support for Trump.

Footage collected by prosecutors shows Edwards entering the breached Capitol around 3:01 p.m. past broken windows and blaring alarms. There, he milled about the halls, flushed tear gas from a fellow rioter’s eyes, snapped photos, and stepped into the trashed office of Sen. Jeff Merkley (D., Ore.).

The judge pointed out that Edwards — a retiree from the insurance field with a track record of volunteering at food pantries and ministry — has expressed remorse and did not publicly boast about his involvement.

Instead, it was his wife who took to Facebook in the aftermath of the insurrection.

“Okay ladies, let me tell you what happened as my husband was there inside the Capitol,” Lynn Feiler Edwards wrote in a now-deleted post, explaining how her husband followed a group into the building after they broke down police barricades and smashed a window to climb inside. She continued to write that her husband flushed tear gas from the eyes of other rioters, chatted with police, and sang “The Star-Spangled Banner.” An anonymous Facebook friend forwarded a screenshot of her comments to federal agents.

But in court Monday, Lynn Edwards — who was not in Washington on Jan. 6 and has not been charged — told the judge that her postings were not factual reports from her husband’s time at the Capitol, but rather her “express[ing] myself off the cuff” while watching reports on One America News Network, a far-right conservative cable channel.

“Never in my life could I have dreamed that something I posted on Facebook would be used against my husband, would lead him to be arrested,” Lynn Edwards said.

Earlier this month, another Pennsylvania insurrectionist was also sentenced to probation after posting a selfie with the mob inside the Capitol to Facebook. His Facebook friends, too, reported him to authorities.
Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Judge scolds MAGA rioter's lawyer for spreading bogus claims that January 6th was an FBI false flag operation
Brad Reed
December 20, 2021

United States District Court Judge Thomas Hogan on Monday admonished an attorney representing accused MAGA rioter Ryan Nichols for spreading false information about the FBI being behind the unrest that occurred at the United States Capitol on January 6th.

As reported by Politico's Kyle Cheney, Judge Hogan warned attorney Joseph McBride against peddling false claims about January 6th being a "false flag" operation in his court.

"We’re getting a false narrative being produced that’s not appropriate to be relied upon," Hogan told McBride. "I’m not going to rely on anything about that in this case."

READ MORE: QAnon cultists are now drinking bleach compound from communal bowl: 'Immediately evokes images of Jonestown'

McBride earlier this year went on Tucker Carlson's show and falsely claimed that a man wearing red face paint spotted at the Capitol riots was clearly a government official who deliberately stoked violence to entrap Trump supporters.

"He is clearly a law enforcement officer," McBride claimed.

In reality, as Huffington Post reported, the man in question is actually a big fan of Tucker Carlson.

"He is mainly known to St. Louis Cardinals fans as 'Rally Runner,' HuffPost has learned, and he sprints around the outside of Busch Stadium during home games," the publication wrote earlier this month. "Based on the man’s Facebook posts, he appears to have a fairly difficult life and has a tenuous relationship with reality. And he’s a huge Tucker Carlson fan."

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-rioter ... 656077341/
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

"a tenuous relationship with reality. And he’s a huge Tucker Carlson fan."

Surprise!

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”