Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race?

Yes
13%
No
85%
Other (explain)
2%

Total votes: 53

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Post by raison de arizona »

"Chill the fuck out."

Did our guy stink up the joint.

Yes, why yes, he did.

Is it the end of the world.

No, why no, it isn't.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, at least we know that Biden did ok, if the opposition are trying to get rid of him via their unwitting proxies. :twisted:
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Perspective people!
https://x.com/BradMossEsq/status/1806659071400972719
Bradley P. Moss @BradMossEsq wrote: Republicans: Our candidate was just convicted of felonies, let’s rally around him

Democrats: Our candidate had a bad debate, let’s toss him overboard
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

People opening their wallets is a strong sign of support.
https://x.com/harrisonjaime/status/1806717995302920528
Jaime Harrison @harrisonjaime wrote: Huge numbers!

Team Biden-Harris raised $14M on debate day and the morning after in a sign of strength of our grassroots support.

11-12 PM - the one hour after the debate - was the single best hour of fundraising since the campaign's launch in April 2023.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:05 pm Perspective people!
https://x.com/BradMossEsq/status/1806659071400972719
Bradley P. Moss @BradMossEsq wrote: Republicans: Our candidate was just convicted of felonies, let’s rally around him

Democrats: Our candidate had a bad debate, let’s toss him overboard
:yeahthat:
Seems to happen every time. No one’s good enough.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Flatpoint High wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:45 am Biden did perform poorly, and camera-wise, he got "NIxoned" by Trump's bronzer. Trump looked good/healthy on camera, while Biden looked like a sheet. The lapses weren't helping either
*Read* what they said rather than watch. It's no contest. Sadly, people don't read (I much prefer it to watching a video).

Unfortunately, tons of people are more affected by style than substance. A conman yelling "coherent" lies seems more acceptable for some reason.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

NO. He had a bad night. tfg had a better night because he wasn't a complete asshole? The first words out of his mouth were a lie. It didn't get any better from there.

Biden's soft voice and stiffness have concerned me about his health for a while. They make him seem even older than he is. I'm close to his age, have been diagnosed with (probable) Parkinson's, and move around a lot better than he does. I don't have any issues beyond a slight hand tremor and am on the lowest possible dosage of medication, which took care of 90 percent of it. I've wondered for a while if he doesn't have some underlying problem. That concerns me. But tfg doesn't look healthy to me at all. Unfortunately, they are both two old guys, and that's what we have to deal with. So, for me, age doesn't enter into it. If tfg were ten years younger, it might (not that I'd ever vote for him), but three years at their ages means nothing. tfg has Alzheimer's in his family. From what I've read, he's likely got it.

That said, although it didn't come through very well last night, I think Biden's till mentally sharp, which is the important part. He just made several trips to Europe in about a week, and handled that well. There was nothing that came out of those meetings with top leaders around the world that indicated that he is having any mental/physical issues. (Doctored videos do not count) I do not think tfg is mentally sharp, but the republicans don't care. They are interested in ruling, not governing.

Then, there's just that practically it's just too late to change now. I like Kamala, but I have to agree that she could not win this election. I think she could carry on just fine as president if she had to. And, at this point, I don't know any other Democrat who could win. We just have to make enough people understand what's at stake in this election, so we need to work harder and reach farther.

I'm sorry if I've rambled.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:02 pm Seems to happen every time. No one’s good enough.
Exactly, There isn't a person on earth that wouldn't have been flummoxed by that Gish Gallop bullshit. Saying they wouldn't have is simply lying.

They only way to stop it is to have a strong referee with the power to cut the mike if he refuses to answer the question, and there isn't a single person in the US Media landscape with the balls to do it who would actually be allowed to referee a debate. And if those strong moderators were allowed, Turnip wouldn't turn up.

There is nothing the opposing candidate (Biden) can do. They cant shout over Turnip. Its the moderators job to deal with it.
Hic sunt dracones
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Which is why the other formats worked better for Biden. When he could just yell out will you shut up man it worked.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bob

Post by bob »

Reality Check wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:41 am
p0rtia wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:35 am No.

Next?

There is no perfect candidate waiting in the wings.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Right on. Watch this, it is worth your minute.
CSPAN @cspan wrote: President Biden: "I don't walk as easy as I used to. I don't speak as smoothly as I used to... I know how to tell the truth. I know right from wrong. I know how to do this job...I know like millions of Americans know; when you get knocked down you get back up!"
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

How all occasions do inform against us.

Or as Einstein put it: Entropy increases.

Great minds think alike.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

On a related note: if I were one of those debate preppers who advocated for the wonk approach to the debate with lots of numbers; who didn't make it rule one not to argue with a pack of lies (just say it's another damned lie); who didn't enforce some acting 101 skills about How Not to Look Senile, I would resign today.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Amazing points are being made in this topic.

President Obama just chimed in. Thank you, President Obama.

Obama.JPG
Obama.JPG (128.38 KiB) Viewed 246 times

https://x.com/Orly_licious/status/1806762025026040208
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

This is exactly what I was talking about. YES. Do this same thing, today, tomorrow, and every damn day. Go Biden!!!

“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
raison de arizona

Just a random post I came across.
Wonder how that turned out?
raison de arizona

People aren’t going to suddenly switch to the shit sandwich just because the chicken came out dry.
raison de arizona

We all know this and have already identified it, of course.
raison de arizona

Another somewhat reassuring blast from the past.
Chris D. Jackson @ChrisDJackson wrote: Folks, we have been through this before.

Don't fall for the media's sensational bullshit.
That said, Hillary, of course, lost. :mad:
raison de arizona

https://twitter.com/BillClinton/status/ ... 1070729466
Bill Clinton @BillClinton wrote: I’ll leave the debate rating to the pundits, but here’s what I know: facts and history matter. Joe Biden has given us 3 years of solid leadership, steadying us after the pandemic, creating a record number of new jobs, making real progress solving the climate crisis, and launching a successful effort in reducing inflation, all while pulling us out of the quagmire Donald Trump left us in. That’s what’s really at stake in November.
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

The polls are in, and they say...it's not that bad. Tentatively good, even.
► Show Spoiler
raison de arizona

Breathe in, breathe out. Just keep breathing. It's not that bad.
https://x.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/18 ... 8276160634
Mueller, She Wrote @MuellerSheWrote wrote: I don't remember anyone in the press having discussions about the GOP asking Trump to step aside as the nominee after he was convicted on 34 felony counts. The coverage was all "the nominee is now a convicted felon." So bad debate = step aside, but convicted felon = totally fine.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Anyone remember a boatload of concern over [Bill] Clinton's scratchy voice?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

#TheResistance @SocialPowerOne1 6h
We’re backing Joe. Period.

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 25m
Absolutely. Decades of experience and huge accomplishments will never be erased by a lousy debate performance. Ask Presidents Obama, Bush 43 et al. Biden and his team brought us back from the brink. Thanks President Biden.

Biden.JPG
Biden.JPG (98.31 KiB) Viewed 82 times

https://x.com/Orly_licious/status/1806828585207951757
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “US President”