🎶 Jardiance: "I have Type 2 Diabetes but I manage it well / It's a little pill with a big story to tell..."

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

🎶 Jardiance: "I have Type 2 Diabetes but I manage it well / It's a little pill with a big story to tell..."

Post by Luke »

Estiveo :lol:

I know everyone is going to be VERY DISAPPOINTED. I could not reduce this beautiful animated GIF I made enough to make it my avatar. But feel free to use it all over your social media.

RZ 2.gif
RZ 2.gif (290.19 KiB) Viewed 813 times

Six days to go.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

I think it's fair to say --

1. Deanna is The Fogbow's newest fan and star
2. This is also what Foggy had in mind when he created The Fogbow.

Deanna 4.JPG
Deanna 4.JPG (101.57 KiB) Viewed 776 times

(It does seem like a cute little animated GIF. It's the first one I ever made. Used Replay Video for the capture, https://ezgif.com/video-to-gif to make the MP4 an animated GIF, and https://onlinegiftools.com/resize-gif to resize it.)

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Oh dear Lord. I watched the last two minutes of the KC game yesterday and when the game ended it went to this commercial. First time I'd seen it.
:yikes: :biggun:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Welcome to the club, Neon! :lol:

Maybe Deanna just likes to dance.

Deanna Trump.JPG
Deanna Trump.JPG (163.44 KiB) Viewed 685 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I don't think she needs encouragement. Her ego's yuge.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

(prepares to duck). I just saw the new commercial and I think it’s hilarious. It’s campy as it was meant to be but then I also loved the old Batman series and all the old 50s era space movies. I prefer this to the original one because of the delivery guy. I think the bewildered bystander is what was missing in the first commercial.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Luke

Post by Luke »

Everybody will be excited to know: There's a new Jardiance ad and this time it's a Black dude singing the tune and leading the commercial. It was on CNN. Not seeing it online yet but people are starting to talk about it.

Shannon🇺🇲💙 @DEFendFURiously May 23
Are you fucking kidding me!? It was bad enough that there was not one, but two Jardiance ladies...but now there's a Jardiance DUDE, too!?

I'm plotting the demise of every single Ad execs working for those drug companies...who wants to join me?
Kim Johnson, M.Ed. 🌈🌻🇺🇸 @macchica26 May 20
Replying to @DoctorHenryCT
Pisses me off every time I see the stupid Jardiance ad! If they didn’t spend so much on advertising, maybe they wouldn’t have to charge me $800 for a 90 day supply! 🤬
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

I will say this; after the commercial there is no doubt what the medicine is for. I wonder how effective the commercials are that aren’t explicit about the conditions they’re for. Too, also they all have a list of side effects that really seem similar.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Luke wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:54 pm :snippity:
Kim Johnson, M.Ed. 🌈🌻🇺🇸 @macchica26 May 20
Replying to @DoctorHenryCT
Pisses me off every time I see the stupid Jardiance ad! If they didn’t spend so much on advertising, maybe they wouldn’t have to charge me $800 for a 90 day supply! 🤬
:eek: $800 :?: I guess I am happy to report from the commie Old Continent that the same costs approx $165 (in Switzerland), charged to the health insurance with a 10% co-payment :violin: And NO! they do not get to advertise prescription medication over here.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Has any rational person ever walked into a doctor's office and requested a specific medication because they saw an ad for it on tv? The most I've ever asked for specifically is whether or not there is a generic I can take.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I can tell you, from years of medical transcription, that most doctors do not like it when you come in asking for a specific medication..

As a matter of fact, pull that in the ER and you'll get tagged as a drug seeker.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I brought up a non-stimulant ADD medication a few months back as the shortage was getting bad. It was one I had taken many years back and was not my ideal but would have been less impacted.

My doctor suggested I check Mariano's or Costco. I have been using Mariano's since as they have had what I needed.
101010 :towel:
realist

Post by realist »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:26 pm Has any rational person ever walked into a doctor's office and requested a specific medication because they saw an ad for it on tv? The most I've ever asked for specifically is whether or not there is a generic I can take.
Can’t comment on the rational part but I asked my PC that question, if people actually do come in and ask based on advertising. She told me, sadly, yes, and sometimes takes up a lot of time in explanation.

I always ask about the drug prescribed if I’m not familiar with it but that’s a different thing altogether.
Image X 4
Image X 32
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Based on what I've seen in pharma commercials on teevee, one of the side effects is taking up gardening or white water rafting. Bicycling through a park with a big grin, oblivious of pedestrians, is another common one. Getting invited to rooftop parties would be kinda nice. Ask your doctor how to get on the A List.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:26 pm Has any rational person ever walked into a doctor's office and requested a specific medication because they saw an ad for it on tv? The most I've ever asked for specifically is whether or not there is a generic I can take.
At the point whe you are telling your doctor what you want, isn't he just a drug dealer now...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I have a whole spreadsheet to keep track of all the drugs the Tee Vee wants me to ask my doctor about. I got about eleventy different drugs on there. In the previous century, the Tee Vee never made me ask my doctor anything.
Never trust a llama with a knife and a sombrero.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Foggy wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 3:13 pm I have a whole spreadsheet to keep track of all the drugs the Tee Vee wants me to ask my doctor about. I got about eleventy different drugs on there. In the previous century, the Tee Vee never made me ask my doctor anything.
From the olden days. :smoking:

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

My doctor tells me that it happens all the time.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

poplove wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:38 pm
Foggy wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 3:13 pm I have a whole spreadsheet to keep track of all the drugs the Tee Vee wants me to ask my doctor about. I got about eleventy different drugs on there. In the previous century, the Tee Vee never made me ask my doctor anything.
From the olden days. :smoking:

https:/ /www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAB04wkCxqw
Is it just me, or did that 'doctor' with the white coat that offered the fag to the 'doctor' with the tweed? jacket look like a psychpath?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Luke

Post by Luke »

The long wait it over... here it is! The dude version.

Jardiance Dude.JPG
Jardiance Dude.JPG (183.17 KiB) Viewed 132 times

0:00 I have type 2 diabetes but I manage it
0:02 well it's a little pill with a big story
0:05 to tell I take once daily
0:09 Jardiance as each day starts as time went on it
0:14 was easy to see I'm lowering my
0:18 A1C Jardiance works 24/7 in your body to
0:21 flush out some sugar and for adults with
0:23 type 2 diabetes and known heart disease
0:25 Jardiance can lower the risk of
0:26 cardiovascular death too serious side
0:29 effects may include keto acidosis that
0:30 may be fatal dehydration that can lead
0:32 to sudden worsening of kidney function
0:34 and genital yeast or urinary tract
0:35 infections a rare life-threatening
0:37 bacterial infection in the skin of the
0:38 perinium could occur stop Jardiance and call
0:40 your doctor right away if you have
0:41 symptoms of this infection keto acidosis
0:44 or an allergic reaction you may have
0:45 increased risk for lower limb loss call
0:47 your doctor right away if you have
0:48 symptoms of infection in your legs or
0:49 feet taking Jardiance with a Sano or
0:52 insulin may cause low blood sugar Jardiance is
0:55 really swell the little pill with a big
0:58 story to tell

Luke

Post by Luke »

Friend of The Fogbow Deanna (the original Jardiance commercial singer) and everybody knows: The Fogbow is central to the POP CULTURE UNIVERSE and ZEITGEIST!

Deanna Jar Ad 3.JPG
Deanna Jar Ad 3.JPG (147.54 KiB) Viewed 111 times

https://x.com/deannabombchica/status/17 ... 2614403329

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”