Alina Habba

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Suranis

Alina Habba

Post by Suranis »

You really have to wonder what extra lawyer activity she is doing when he refused to pay competent lawyers. Its probably partially that "she is a fighter" and willing to pop out the kind of drivel he thinks is effective. But it would be irresponsible not to speculate.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Alina Habba

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ab4f&ei=10
This should be a time that Widener University Commonwealth Law School would want to trumpet one of its most notable alumni.

Alina Habba, a 2010 graduate, has been representing Donald Trump — a former president of the United States who has a huge lead to become this year’s Republican presidential nominee. She’s on national television and all over social media.

But Widener Commonwealth — a little-known private institution in Harrisburg, Pa., ranked in the bottom 20 percent of law schools by U.S. News & World Report — has been all but silent.

POLL: Should Trump be allowed to run for office?

ALSO READ: I saw a man strangling a woman. I called 911. Why did it take two minutes to connect?

Widener Commonwealth deans, professors and alumni contacted by Raw Story had effectively nothing to say about Habba.
There’s also no mention of Habba on the “alumni spotlight” of Widener Commonwealth’s website, and she has not been the subject of any stories in the “alumni news” section.

The only appearance of Habba at all comes on page 35 of Volume 17, Number 2 of the Widener University School of Law Magazine, published in 2010.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Alina Habba

Post by Flatpoint High »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:53 pm You really have to wonder what extra lawyer activity she is doing when he refused to pay competent lawyers. Its probably partially that "she is a fighter" and willing to pop out the kind of drivel he thinks is effective. But it would be irresponsible not to speculate.
she apparently got her $$$ up front
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Dr. Ken

Alina Habba

Post by Dr. Ken »

Flatpoint High wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:21 am
Suranis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:53 pm You really have to wonder what extra lawyer activity she is doing when he refused to pay competent lawyers. Its probably partially that "she is a fighter" and willing to pop out the kind of drivel he thinks is effective. But it would be irresponsible not to speculate.
she apparently got her $$$ up front
That would be the smartest thing she's done this entire time.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Alina Habba

Post by Slim Cognito »

I have a hard time believing Habba would be savvy enough to get money upfront. I think she was more thrilled with the exposure.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Rolodex

Alina Habba

Post by Rolodex »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:42 pm I have a hard time believing Habba would be savvy enough to get money upfront. I think she was more thrilled with the exposure.
Esp since it's better to be pretty than smart.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
p0rtia

Alina Habba

Post by p0rtia »

According to the financial records of the various PACs, she's gotten millions.

And no doubt spent quite a bit too. It's not that long since we got that report saying that she and her husband were in debt up to their pretty eyeballs.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Alina Habba

Post by jcolvin2 »

Not sure of the explanation for (or provenance of) the above tweet.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Alina Habba

Post by raison de arizona »

Alina Habba spotted at Trump campaign party after claiming Covid exposure at trial: report

Donald Trump's often-mocked attorney Alina Habba was reportedly spotted at the ex-president's New Hampshire campaign event after claiming to have been exposed to Covid-19 at the E. Jean Carroll trial.

MSNBC legal analyst Lisa Rubin flagged the report, saying Habba "was spotted tonight in New Hampshire."

"I’m guessing her health was not the reason for delaying the E. Jean Carroll trial, which is now scheduled to resume Thursday," she wrote.

Rubin then added:

"I am not insinuating Habba lied. At all. I take her at her word. She said she had been exposed and was feeling feverish over the weekend; she also represented on Monday that she tested negative that morning... What I am suggesting, however is that *someone else* who has been a regular courtroom presence has COVID, without which there would be little reason for a three-day delay."
:snippity:
https://www.rawstory.com/alina-habba-sp ... ign-party/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Alina Habba

Post by Resume18 »

jcolvin2 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:04 pm
Not sure of the explanation for (or provenance of) the above tweet.
Huh?
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: and it's really me

Alina Habba

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, Biden’s lawyers wear coats and ties. :point:
🎶 There might have been things I missed,
but don't be unkind.
It don't mean I'm blind.
- ELP
Estiveo
Verified:

Alina Habba

Post by Estiveo »

This is the kid who posted the pic of Alina Habba at TFG's victory party in New Hampshire Tuesday night, filming himself in the midst of a Trumpian underbussing.

I especially like the parts where he almost cries. I might feel sorry for him if he weren't a sniveling little MAGAt who hates America.
Image Image Image Image
Resume18

Alina Habba

Post by Resume18 »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:48 am This is the kid who posted the pic of Alina Habba at TFG's victory party in New Hampshire Tuesday night, filming himself in the midst of a Trumpian underbussing.

I especially like the parts where he almost cries. I might feel sorry for him if he weren't a sniveling little MAGAt who hates America.
H's just now discovering MAGAts don't mean what they're saying? He's dumber than he looks.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Alina Habba

Post by RTH10260 »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:48 am This is the kid who posted the pic of Alina Habba at TFG's victory party in New Hampshire Tuesday night, filming himself in the midst of a Trumpian underbussing.

https://twitter.com/swd2/status/1750241371909185614

Somewhere along his rant he mentions he is a deputy director for the T campaign in the state :blackeye:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Alina Habba

Post by Flatpoint High »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:13 pm

https://twitter.com/swd2/status/1750241371909185614

Somewhere along his rant he mentions he is was a deputy director for the T campaign in the state :blackeye:
FIFY
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Rolodex

Alina Habba

Post by Rolodex »

I hope there's a follow up somewhere showing if he's still MAGA/trumpy or not.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
p0rtia

Alina Habba

Post by p0rtia »

They can have him. :sick:
Estiveo
Verified:

Alina Habba

Post by Estiveo »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:55 pm I hope there's a follow up somewhere showing if he's still MAGA/trumpy or not.
Ask and you shall receive:

Image Image Image Image
jemcanada2

Alina Habba

Post by jemcanada2 »

I was multitasking, listening to an audiobook and reading the updates on the E. Jean Carroll trial.

I had a strange experience where fiction and reality collided. :lol: :lol:

Suddenly the audiobook goes into a conversation between a judge and a female lawyer at trial.

Judge: once a judge sustains an objection, the lawyer moves on no matter how pretty she is.

Female lawyer: even if the judge is an asshole?

Spooky!! ;) ;)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Alina Habba

Post by Foggy »

:shock:
but don't be unkind.
It don't mean I'm blind.
- ELP
Volkonski
Verified:

Alina Habba

Post by Volkonski »

Was just reading about Habba on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alina_Habba

Her parents emigrated to the USA from Iraq in the early 1980s and she was born in 1984. If the birthers are right she is not a natural born citizen. :o So not a Trump VP candidate. ;)

Despite being a "very religious" Catholic she has been divorced and is on her second husband.

She has represented Trump in several actions starting in 2021 mostly unsuccessfully.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Alina Habba

Post by raison de arizona »

Every time I read Alina Habba my mind adds (and the forty thieves!)

Anyway. Tapper with some shade.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Tapper cuts Habba’s statement short: So you're getting an idea now about why Donald Trump's attorney is perceived as effective as she is, which is not particularly effective.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Alina Habba

Post by p0rtia »

I read that too, the other day.

She's Chaldean Catholic. Different animal.
Suranis

Alina Habba

Post by Suranis »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:11 pm I read that too, the other day.

She's Chaldean Catholic. Different animal.
Interesting. Never heard of them, I have to admit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaldean_Catholic_Church
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Alina Habba

Post by Foggy »

:loser: (not for her alleged religious beliefs, but because she is a terrible attorney and a terrible person)
but don't be unkind.
It don't mean I'm blind.
- ELP

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”