Mixed drinks
12%
Pot (smoked)
15%
Pot (edibles)
8%
'Shrooooms
3%
I would never pollute my body, you're all degenerates!
4%
Other (do tell)
4%

Total votes: 112

qbawl

Re: Beer, Wine, Liquor, & Recreational Drugs

Post by qbawl »

Another issue with vodka is the prohibition by many banks of their employees drinking it at Lunch. Bank Management preferred that the public thought the tellers were drunk rather than stupid (allegedly).
filly

Post by filly »

Who said vodka doesn’t smell? I can always smell it on people who’ve been drinking it.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

It's hard to find Champagne splits here like Estiveo pictured (though technically his is prosecco). Hubby found a champagne bottle stopper that actually works!!!!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

filly wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:39 pm Who said vodka doesn’t smell? I can always smell it on people who’ve been drinking it.
Former undergrad student who myself and many others got away with.... stuff. :lol:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Many years ago I found out to my great disappointment that the main effect of marijuana was to put me to sleep. :crying:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Uninformed wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:02 pm Many years ago I found out to my great disappointment that the main effect of marijuana was to put me to sleep. :crying:
I always thought that was a feature? :? 8-)
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Umm, we do have a Virtual Drunk Tank.
Never trust a llama with a knife and a sombrero.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:29 pm Umm, we do have a Virtual Drunk Tank.
Yeah, but that seems to mostly used by Fogboozers who have imbibed a bit much of whatever as a safe place to ramble drunkenly.

This thread is more for a general discussion of various intoxicants we enjoy, reviews and recommendations and such.

Like the enduring beer threadjack over on the idiot Boebert thread.
Image Image Image Image
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

HEY! Why are you peeing in our pool? Have some fun.
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

neonzx wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:23 pm Give me some ganja, sit me in a corner and leave me alone and I'm good.
:yeahthat:

I changed my intake method from smoking to edibles a couple of years ago, not wanting to keep risking my lung health. I very much prefer the high from smoking though, as it's so much easier to manage and predict. A couple of times a too-strong edible has left me helpless on the couch for a few hours. :tinfoil:
filly

Post by filly »

No olives in the house!!😱😱

Settled for a fine Napa cab instead.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

neonzx wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:40 pm
HEY! Why are you peeing in our pool? Have some fun.
Hahahaha, bunch a drunks, they put the two booze threads in different forums. :doh:

That fun enough for ya, huh? :lol:

:whisper: For no apparent reason, I occasionally decide I'm hilarious.

On a more serious note, edibles never worked for me, going all the way back to hashish brownies, which was a thing back in the day. :oldman:

One time a lady from California gave me a few bags of authentic marijuana munchies, like snack mixes, right? I ATE A WHOLE BAG. Nothing. I'm totally immune. Tried kratom when I was in Myrtle Beach a few years back. Ate a dozen capsules of the stuff. Nothing. I am totally immune. I could eat a consarn frickin' frackin' half ounce of weed, and I would not be high for five minutes. But if I took one hit of the same weed from a pipe, I'd be stoned for hours (I don't get stoned much anymore).

I don't know why. I don't like being immune to edibles. But as curses go, it's not a bad one.

I wonder if that's a symptom of some dreadful malady? I may have eupnea! :confuzzled: :pray: :talktothehand:
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

My niece has worked with liquor industry marketing since she graduated college, first for the marketing companies, then for the liquor company (Sazerac), then back to the marketing company. An advantage to me is whenever she changes her clients, she has to get rid of her old client's spirits, and I'm her favorite aunt :batting:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I haven't had alcohol in years because it doesn't mix well with the pain meds or anti-depressants I take, but I don't miss it much, really. Even though I've always been heavy, I've never had much of a tolerance for booze. Typically, one or two drinks (of any type, depending on how fast I'm drinking) will get me pretty tipsy. Those charts that say "If you weight X you can have Y drinks before being legally impaired" don't work for me at all. I won't drive if I've even had one drink in the last hour because I know I'm already a bit off in the head...

MJ doesn't cause nearly as much of an effect, except that I feel a lot calmer and have less pain after a joint. Maybe someday it'll be legal here ::hopeful sigh::

BTW: There's an option missing from the poll: "I have NO problem polluting my body will all you degenerates, but for (reasons) can't/don't " :mrgreen:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:47 pm I have to limit my fluid intake in general because kidneys, so I don't drink much beer or wine anymore. I've always loved sparkling wines, but when you can only have one glass a day, and the bottle is flat the next day, it's a wasteful indulgence.

Then I saw these wee tiny bottles of LaMarca prosecco.
Estiveoshot_20220203_094408.jpg
It's like they were made for me!

But my go-to is usually a couple fingers of a good single malt.
Those remind me of these little bottles we used to be able to get in collage that were some kind of Pear wine. I can't remember the name of them, but they were nice and sweet and REALLY good!
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I'm limited in my intoxicants. Small amounts of marijuana (even just walking through a vestibule that someone was smoking in) puts me into seizures, and the allergy extends to hemp products. Brewer's yeast? No go. My booze has to be distilled, or I get horribly sick. Even then, things like gin (made from juniper) are out of the question. Caffeine? I'm immune to the effects, and my coffee allergy is a harsher version of my ganja allergy if I ingest.

So it's scotch, cordials, and mixed drinks for me.

However, I can get stoned on Altoids.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Today, I introduced myself to an American Brett ale (or Wylde), Battle Priest from Three Floyds Brewery. It is made with the Brettanomyces yeast which apparently is rather odd and unpredictable. I was trying to figure out how to explain the taste or even the nose beyond calling it funky. I still have not quite figured it out yet but from the link above, I was able to finally figure out the finish....

Band-Aid.

I think I like it. It is different

101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

OK, I do drink beer on occasion, but wine is much preferred, and scotch/kentucky/irish (in that order) too.

Not much for other spirits, though a gin and tonic is very nice (our go to is Tanqueray or Hendricks, but there is a very nice Hemp based gin distilled in Gippsland Victoria). I've been sipping a little vodka lately (a Ukrainian friend recommended Icelandic Vodka as the best in the world - but was shocked when I told him I wanted to start doing martinis - he accused me of putting coke in my scotch which is heresy of course).

Haven't smoked for quite a while. Don't have a source anymore, and don't really have a good place to grow it. Tried edibles last time I was in the states and I think I'm basically immune too, or else you have to eat a shit-ton to get an effect. I sucked on a lollipop driving from Denver to Mt. Rushmore and all I got was a sugar coated mouth.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Beer, Wine, Liquor, & Recreational Drugs

Post by northland10 »

Back in the food thread, I was thinking about beer and mixed drinks and also remembering our members with mayo aversion. It made me wonder, are there mixed drinks with mayo? I figured I would probably find something and the Google did bring up:

- Tapeworm Shot. I think this one was an April Fool's joke, but I would not be surprise if somebody tried it.

- The next appears to be no joke. The Japanese love of mayo has found it's way into drinking with the Mayo Margarita.

While I don't mind mayonnaise, I am usually not excited with it and instead use other things (like mustard on sandwiches). However, the idea of mayo and a drink sounds very unappealing.

Full disclosure: While I comment on beer often and sometimes other drinks, I actually do not drink much. I will usually have 1 beer or other drink a night, and that is it. If it is early enough, I may have a scotch, bourbon, cherry-infused whiskey, or something mixed (something with gin because I like gin just like IPAs), but that is not very often.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Doesn't drink much, but tells us about the Mayonnaise Margarita. :think:

GUARDS!

:whisper: l00Kit, come home :crying:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

OK.

1) Mustard is a condiment. Mayonnaise is a salad dressing. Both can be used on a sanswich at the same time if there is both meat and salad. Especially a ham sandwich. Mustard on the ham side, mayonaise on the salad side. It is really frustrating to have to explain this to sandwich makers in Australia who only ever put butter on a sandwich, no matter what the fillings are.

2) Has anyone else noticed the redundancy in this thread title? Everything listed is a recreational drug.

3) Ham salad sandwiches are not recreational drugs.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Mayonnaise goes quite nicely on some sandwiches that don't have salads on them. I use it lightly on just about any sandwich I make that includes sliced meat and cheese even though I never put any kind of vegetation on them. It's very good!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Lamb sandwiches require Mayo. But mustard too also and a light layer of crunchy vegetation. No maters, no onions. NO CHEESE.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

:hijacked:

Mayonnaise is NOT a recreational drug!
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law

Return to “General Stuff”