January 6 Select Committee

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Slim Cognito »

None of the election workers shown in the video are still election workers. They've all quit bc of trump's bullshit.

:mad2: :smokeears: :fuckyou:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:05 pm Michigan fake electors planned to meet in the Capitol and hide overnight so they would be in the building to present as legitimate electors. They asked the campaign to cover their legal costs, if arrested.
Sounds incompetent, first the intent to hide over night in the Capitol building, but second to be present at the Capitol when only the electors voting results are present (as certified by the respective state official). They would have been totally out of their mind. Cause the vote had to be sent to the National Achive first. Members of Congress potentially rejecting some states result would not lead to the fake electors getting a voice or vote. :brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Fucking assholes. This shit is unbelievable. :crying: All of this shit. All this shit today. Unbelievable.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:21 pm Todd and Cevallas(?) are discussing the fake electors submitted to the Archives and if that's illegal by itself.
DOJ is investigating. It was reported somewhere in TFB. There seems to be a law against submitting fraudulent documents to the Archive.
raison de arizona

Angry Staffer 🌻 @Angry_Staffer wrote: For all the people who periodically ask me why this account is still anonymous, I hope you’re watching this hearing.

That’s why.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Cheney taking jabs at Cippilone (sp?) for not testifying.
raison de arizona

Elie Mystal @ElieNYC wrote: Remember that Rusty Bowers, the Arizona man who almost cried about his constitutional duties, has helped to pass a boatload of voter suppression bills targeting Blacks, Latinos, and Native Americans in his state.

You know, in case anybody cares about such things.
I guess we found a hole too deep for even Bowers to crawl into. Who knew?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Next hearing is Thursday, back to DOJ official, Kinzinger is leading that.

Committee members are giving the last witness (Ruby?) and her mother hugs before they leave.
Edit: Shaye is the daughter, Ruby is the mother. :oldlady:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ga election worker Ruby Freeman:

"There is nowhere I feel safe. Nowhere. Do you know how it feels to have the President of the United Stats target you?"
Ruby Freeman: "I've lost my name, and I've lost my reputation. I've lost my sense of security -- all because a group of people, starting [w/ Trump and Rudy,] decided to scapegoat me and my daughter, Shaye, to push their own lies about how the Presidential election was stolen.”
raison de arizona

No one should have to go through that, but Bowers really chose to lay down with dogs.
raison de arizona

I'm so angry. And sad. This really ruined my whole day. Fuck these people. And they are going to vote for him again.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Is it OK to call them “deplorable” now? :think:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"Our committee is certain that Donald Trump does not want Mr. Cipollone to testify here ... we are working to secure his testimony" -- Cheney says that the committee wants to hear from former White House counsel Pat Cipollone
Thompson closes by teasing the next hearing with a clip of former acting AG Richard Donoghue telling the committee that he told Trump he was prepared to resign immediately if Jeffrey Clark was made attorney general. Donoghue is testifying Thursday.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:49 pm I'm so angry. And sad. This really ruined my whole day. Fuck these people. And they are going to vote for him again.
Same here. But I will add this made me weepy and feel sick.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:46 pm
Ga election worker Ruby Freeman:

"There is nowhere I feel safe. Nowhere. Do you know how it feels to have the President of the United Stats target you?"
Ruby Freeman: "I've lost my name, and I've lost my reputation. I've lost my sense of security -- all because a group of people, starting [w/ Trump and Rudy,] decided to scapegoat me and my daughter, Shaye, to push their own lies about how the Presidential election was stolen.”
GOD DAMM this makes me madder that the rest-god they fucking deserve to be in HELL
raison de arizona

Alexander S. Vindman @AVindman wrote: Lady Ruby and Shaye,

I know what it’s like to have the President of the United States attack me. Stay strong. We are better than him and we will prevail. Much love!

Love the love these two women are getting from America. These are public servants and this is public service!
And as much as I hate Bowers, he didn't deserve that. His family didn't deserve that. And I can guarantee that it is going to get worse for him from this point, not better. So I respect that he was willing to speak out.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Very disturbing testimony today. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wish I thought there was a hell so Trump and his minions would rot there for all eternity.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Pam Keith, Esq. @PamKeithFL wrote: Every day of hearings demonstrates how shitty Garland is at his job.

You can't whitewash this. He incited them, he did this. And he's still doing it.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Raffensperger: And then some people broke into my daughter-in-law's home and my son has passed and she's widow and has two kids and so we're very concerned about her safety also.
Nothing changes. It just gets worse.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:56 pm Bowers is coming across really good. I'm impressed.
Except for wearing his religion (Christianity, I am certain) on his sleeve. I found that quite repulsive.
raison de arizona

Reality Check wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:41 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:56 pm Bowers is coming across really good. I'm impressed.
Except for wearing his religion (Christianity, I am certain) on his sleeve. I found that quite repulsive.
In real life he supports conversion therapy and elimination of LGBTQ rights, among other things like disenfranchising minorities. But hey, a broken clock, right?

I may have come to grips with my distaste for Liz Cheney, but I continue to firmly resent Bowers.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Raffensberger's testimony was riveting. He was calm and professional and had all the facts at his fingerprints. I hope voters in Georgia, especially black voters, are watching this hearing. If Raffensberger's testimony followed by Shaye Moss's horrific testimony does not cause them to stampede to the polls in November, I don't know what would.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Explosive hearing. Never seen anything like it. My god.

Yes, every Republican witness and committee member has done shit I loathe; shit aimed at voter suppression. That was irrelevant today.

I've rewatched the Senate Watergate hearings over the past year, and IMO, although there were half a dozen explosive, astonishing moments, there was nothing like this three hours of non-stop display of criminality and human experience.

There was so much going on, so fast, I mean to watch it again in its entirety.

PS. Jason Johnson was on Nicolle Wallace's after the hearings. It is an absolute must, must see. I'm sure it'll show up, and I'll post the video. Basically, the first 45 minutes of her show were jaw dropping. Spoiler: That these monsters are not already in jail is a sign of our racist, ineffective system.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:50 pm trump, in phone call to Francis Watson tells her "will be praised." if they find enough votes to give GA to trump. "whatever you can do."

28,000 GA voters skipped the presidential race, but voted down-ballot, which was enough to give the state to Biden.
???
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Bowers is Mormon, n’est ce pas?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:08 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:50 pm trump, in phone call to Francis Watson tells her "will be praised." if they find enough votes to give GA to trump. "whatever you can do."

28,000 GA voters skipped the presidential race, but voted down-ballot, which was enough to give the state to Biden.
???
Raffensberger said (as he has said before) that the reason TFG lost in Georgia was because 28,000 Republicans voted the down-ballot races, but did not cast a vote for president. He used the word "skipped", which confused me to for a sec.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”