Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Quite a few people on the ground died at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Also, Flight 93 wasn't shot down. I don't think passengers would be able to take over an unmanned balloon. :?
Katie Porter '28
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I now get how she won two elections. Her ignorance is so breathtaking and profound that it's stunning. It's a natural defense against predators like a skunk's spray.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

She forgot to mention:
The hijackers deliberately crashed the plane into the Pentagon in Arlington County, Virginia, near Washington, D.C., killing all 64 aboard and another 125 in the building.

in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ ... s%20target.
apart a few thousand when the Twin Towers came down :blackeye:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

It plowed into a field in one piece.

I've been there several times. There are no homes that are real close.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Plenty of other airline crashes have killed people on the ground. Drop something big out of the sky and you roll the dice on what it will hit.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:38 am Also, Flight 93 wasn't shot down. I don't think passengers would be able to take over an unmanned balloon. :?
Well, EmptyGee thinks you're dead wrong on that.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
tek

Post by tek »

Gregg wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:40 pm Well, EmptyGee thinks you're dead wrong on that.
OBJECTION!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Now MTG turns her focus on the plight of birds and whales from wind turbines.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I guess we'd best stop flying airplanes then tear down all the tall(ish) buildings because...birds sometimes fly into them. Ditto for sliding glass doors and picture windows.

I don't get the whale stuff (didn't listen because...sanity) but I'm guessing it's pollution.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:45 am I don't get the whale stuff (didn't listen because...sanity) but I'm guessing it's pollution.
The argument is that the underwater geographical sonar surveys conducted prior to building off-shore wind farms are on the same frequency whales use to navigate, confusing them and leading them to beach themselves. Because Rs care so much about the environment and no one is thinking of the birds and the whales.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

TY
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:52 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:45 am I don't get the whale stuff (didn't listen because...sanity) but I'm guessing it's pollution.
The argument is that the underwater geographical sonar surveys conducted prior to building off-shore wind farms are on the same frequency whales use to navigate, confusing them and leading them to beach themselves. Because Rs care so much about the environment and no one is thinking of the birds and the whales.
I guess she ought to ask the Navy to stop using their nuclear submarines too, also .... :blackeye:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:22 pm
Kendra wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:26 pm https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 2151717893
Marge says she screamed at the military officers giving them a briefing on the Chinese balloon “that’s the biggest bunch of bullshit!” because “it could’ve contained a bioweapon like covid, a nuclear bomb or hypersonic missiles.”
This person was recently seen in the chair of the House leading a session ? :crying: :crying: :crying:
Aren't all those things that the balloon MIGHT have been carrying, in themselves, good reason to NOT shoot it down, at least not over land?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Sonar has been used to map the ocean floor and other types of underwater surveys for, literally, decades. Environmentalists and animal rights activists have been complaining about it for far longer than we've been building wind farms.

I am no expert, but it is my understanding that, yes, whales and dolphins can hear those frequencies and may be confused, but there is some controversy about the extent to which this happens and the impact on the whales.

So, emptygee is getting all outraged over old news, and trying to attach it to windfarms, without a shred of real evidence to back up what she is saying. But, when has she ever felt the need for facts?
raison de arizona

:lol:
Decoding Fox News @DecodingFoxNews wrote: Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene acts like she's some kind of whale expert then goes on a rant about how Republicans would have demanded more safety regulations in railroads. Republicans usually want fewer regulations for every industry.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

:roll: mtg opines that she knows a ton of white people who are probably more lazy and worse than black people she knows.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:45 pm
Sonar has been used to map the ocean floor and other types of underwater surveys for, literally, decades. Environmentalists and animal rights activists have been complaining about it for far longer than we've been building wind farms.

I am no expert, but it is my understanding that, yes, whales and dolphins can hear those frequencies and may be confused, but there is some controversy about the extent to which this happens and the impact on the whales.

So, emptygee is getting all outraged over old news, and trying to attach it to windfarms, without a shred of real evidence to back up what she is saying. But, when has she ever felt the need for facts?

Sonar is part of it, but man made ocean noise is absolutely a factor. Not just Sonar but the mechanical noise of thousands of ships that carry thousands of miles are a thing.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/news/2018/november/whale-earwax-reveals-just-how-much-human-activity-can-stress-out.html
This study looked at whale stress levels using cortisol in their cerumen as a proxy for stress. Stress was very high during WWII when depth charges were highly used.

If I recall correctly, it isn’s actually sonar which causes whale problems, but a very long wave sound wave for sub communication.

A new study, published in Nature Communications, showed that fin whales, blue whales and humpback whales experienced a physical stress response when they were hunted on an industrial scale.

Earwax plugs form continually over the lifespan of baleen whales and are made from waxy material deposited in the ear canal. They contain fats and proteins that can reveal the type and quantities of hormones inside a whale's body at various points in its life.

What can we learn from whale earwax?
In this study, led by researchers at Baylor University in Texas, the team were particularly interested in cortisol, a hormone that mammals produce at times of stress.

Researchers examined whale earplugs from the Museum's reference collection, the collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in the USA and samples taken of recent strandings.

A blue whale earwax earplug from Museum collections.
An extracted blue whale plug of earwax measuring 25.4 cm. Image: Trumble et al 2013.
The scientists created lifetime 'stress profiles' of 20 whales from three species: humpback, fin and blue whales. These were some of the most hunted species in the twentieth century, when the global whaling industry boomed.

The profiles resulted in a 146-year dataset, measuring the stress responses of animals from 1870 to 2016.

The whales were particularly stressed during the 1920s and 1930s, at a time of extremely high whale harvests in the northern hemisphere. About 50,000 fin, humpback and blue whales were killed in the 1930s.

Extracting earplugs
Whale earwax can reveal a whale's age, the environmental pollutants it has been exposed to and the hormonal responses throughout its life.

Richard Sabin, curator of marine mammals at the Museum, helped the researchers to access the historic whale collections held in London, which include the precious earplugs.

He says, 'In the middle of the twentieth century, Natural History Museum scientists showed that baleen whale earplugs could be used to determine how old an animal was when it died.

'This was an important step forward, as it allowed more accurate estimates to be made of the ages of animals taken by commercial whaling activities. Earplugs had been of interest to scientists since the start of the century.

'Fortunately, very early examples exist in the collections at the Museum, and it was one of these - from a North Atlantic fin whale estimated to have lived from about 1870 to 1909 - which became the oldest earplug examined as part of this latest research. This allowed the project to extend its study back into the nineteenth century.'

The Museum contributed eight earplugs from its research collection for this study, covering the period from 1870 to 1956.

Richard adds, 'This research really shows the power and significance of archived natural history collections. Each year, new analytical techniques allow more information to be extracted from the often centuries-old preserved remains of museum specimens.'
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Not Marjo, not none of them give two shits about the marine life. They’re in payback mode, answering every charge made against tfg with the same damn charge against Pres Joe, whether it fits or not.

I must admit I enjoy watching her look foolish in front of millions.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

So Mojo, are you saying you wish to regulate shipping now?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

For my peace of mind, i may need to visit this thread less. It's basically MTG says something stupid • inane • completely made up, and gets attention, rinse, repeat.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:05 pm :brickwallsmall:
I'm sitting alone doing my morning cruise through my favorite sites, and I saw the above, and heard myself saying, "Oh, for fuck's sake."

Your emoji was a moment of communion.

JHC, she is such a dope.

Such a racist dope.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:53 pm It plowed into a field in one piece.

I've been there several times. There are no homes that are real close.
No one can ever be quite sure what, exactly, happened on flight 93 in the moments before the crash, but I remember a lot of speculation that the passengers deliberately caused the plane to crash in rural Pennsylvania, after they found out that the hijackers were going to crash the plane into the Whitehouse.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”