January 6 Select Committee

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by AndyinPA »

Someone with more than a little education wrote that note. Good spelling, and other than missing commas before "too," clauses well written and punctuated properly. Somehow, that's worse than "morans."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:58 am Someone with more than a little education wrote that note. Good spelling, and other than missing commas before "too," clauses well written and punctuated properly. Somehow, that's worse than "morans."
But the last line about "Chistian."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:02 am
AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:58 am Someone with more than a little education wrote that note. Good spelling, and other than missing commas before "too," clauses well written and punctuated properly. Somehow, that's worse than "morans."
I did see that. Forgot to mention it. :bag:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:40 am
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:02 am
I did see that. Forgot to mention it. :bag:
i hope the FBI is alerted and finds the thug. Yeah, I call all of them thugs now.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Also should point out that no comma before "too" is accepted.
https://www.grammarly.com/blog/comma-before-too/

Could be an indication of the writer's age range since it's a more recent thing than not.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Did I understand Kinzinger correctly that it was sent to his home? I.e. US Mail and locally at that? That handwriting IMHO looks very distinctive, plus did the person use gloves or are there fingerprints all over the letter and the envelope? Hopefully there's enough coverage on the local stations and someone will recognize that handwriting.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:51 am Did I understand Kinzinger correctly that it was sent to his home? I.e. US Mail and locally at that? That handwriting IMHO looks very distinctive, plus did the person use gloves or are there fingerprints all over the letter and the envelope? Hopefully there's enough coverage on the local stations and someone will recognize that handwriting.
It's printing vs. cursive, possibly because the person doesn't know cursive, possibly an attempt to hide cursive. Not sure printing is as distinctive.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

What?

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Interesting.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:50 am
sad-cafe wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:35 am I can't read the Post on Kinsinger ...can someone post it or paraphrase it please?

thanks
Jesus

that is horrid
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

And what I find frustrating is that this is the kind of 'freedom of speech' the anti-social-media-right is fighting for.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Politico: The Jan. 6 Committee has subpoenaed Alex Holder, a documentary filmmaker who was granted extensive access to Trump and his inner circle, and who shot interviews with Trump both before and after Jan. 6. The existence of this footage is previously unreported.
@playbookdc
:popcorn:
Edit: Moar:

Documentary filmmaker shares Trump videos with Jan 6 Cmte

“Alex Holder … complied with a congressional subpoena to turn over footage captured during his work on a documentary series surrounding the final six weeks of President Trump’s re-election campaign”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A very small group of people had knowledge of this documentary project, and a lot of Trump advisers were surprised to see it existed this morning >
:popcorn:

From the Politico article:
SCOOP: The House select committee investigating Jan. 6 sent a subpoena last week to ALEX HOLDER, a documentary filmmaker who was granted extensive access to President DONALD TRUMP and his inner circle, and who shot interviews with the then-president both before and after Jan. 6. The existence of this footage is previously unreported.

A source familiar with the project told Playbook on Monday night that Holder began filming on the campaign trail in September 2020 for a project on Trump’s reelection campaign. Over the course of several months, Holder had substantial access to Trump, Trump’s adult children and VP MIKE PENCE, both in the White House and on the campaign trail.

According to the subpoena, which was obtained exclusively by Playbook, the committee wants three main things from Holder:

(1) Raw footage from Jan. 6.

(2) Raw footage of interviews from September 2020 to present with Trump, Pence, DONALD TRUMP JR., IVANKA TRUMP, ERIC TRUMP and JARED KUSHNER.

(3) Raw footage “pertaining to discussions of election fraud or election integrity surrounding the November 2020 presidential election.”

Holder is expected to fully cooperate with the committee in an interview scheduled for Thursday. Read the full subpoena
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Juicy! Can't wait to see the committee's presentations on that. At least I'll get a couple hours today on their work. I think today's hearings start at 1 pm.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

10 AM Pacific. Less than two hours.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Lordy, there are tapes :popcorn:

Click on the image to read the full statement. Deposition on Thursday, I assume in private and not part of the 1/6 public hearing?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:waiting:

LOL, CNN and MSNBC are all live covering an hour before start time. Just popped over to Fox and they're talking to some movie guy about how Buzz Lightyear fizzled at the box office :yawn:
Edit:
raison de arizona

Jeremy Duda @jeremyduda wrote: Bowers says Trump's statement today is false, that he never said election was rigged or that Trump won Arizona. “I did have a conversation with the president. That certainly wasn’t it.”
Bowers is a piece of crap, I'm a little surprised he's openly saying this. Not surprised that tfg would lie about it though.

Decoding Fox News @DecodingFoxNews wrote: How many witnesses, many of them Republicans, testifying that Trump lied will it take before his followers realize he lied?
Sorry, that's not a thing.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Bowers tearing up.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:40 pm ...
Bowers is a piece of crap, I'm a little surprised he's openly saying this. Not surprised that tfg would lie about it though.
So far, he seems to be a pretty good witness. Will his history make him a better or worse witness?

The so-called AZ hearing* wasn't an "official" hearing. But any legislator can have a meeting and if they want to call it a hearing, they can.

*hearing to produce competing electors, I think, but I'm not sure.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:44 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:40 pm ...
So far, he seems to be a pretty good witness. Will his history make him a better or worse witness?

The so-called AZ hearing* wasn't an "official" hearing. But any legislator can have a meeting and if they want to call it a hearing, they can.

*hearing to produce competing electors, I think, but I'm not sure.
I've witnessed too much of Bowers in the AZ legislature to lose my distaste for him so easily. But this is a good thing.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Giuliani multiple times told Bowers he had proof of dead and undocumented voters. Bowers asked for those names. trump told RG to provide the names but the names were never produced.

Jenna Ellis was at a meeting with Bowers, (and the same claim was made). Bowers again asked for the names but, surprisingly, Ellis didn't bring her proof with her.

Giuliani said to Bowers, we "have lots of theories but we don't have the evidence, which Bowers wondered if was a gaffe.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”