January 6 Select Committee

p0rtia

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by p0rtia »

Top question in shock voice from Andrea Mitchell regarding overwhelming evidence that Trump was told he lost: Doesn’t this testimony undermine the core of the Committee’s argument?

Panelist. Huh?

AM: Well, if he was so delusional that he didn’t believe his advisors, doesn’t that mean he really believed he won?

Listening not watching so I didn’t see the faces of the panel in response to her takeaway.

!!!Get her the fuck off the TV!!!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:10 am It's days like this I almost miss tfg on Twitter. What a :shit: storm we'd be watching today.
BUT... But.... but.... the T.R.U.T.H.S must be congestioning the interwebs like DenialOfService attack!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I remember back on TFB1.0 we all wondered what bad things happened that Barr chose to step down. Now we get to hear about them.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Jim Jordan weighs in.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

They sent Trump money to fight ‘fraud’ and he stole it.

He told them he would walk to the Capitol with them, then slinked away.

When they were arrested, he didn’t pardon them.

He hasn’t contributed a penny to their families or legal defense.

And they love him more.

Cult.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Well, you can blame moron Kevin McCarthy for refusing to participate in the Committee. He insisted on co-conspirators be seated. He could have chose any of well over a 100 Members who would have been fine, but he had to put up Jim Jordan.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:27 pm Top question in shock voice from Andrea Mitchell regarding overwhelming evidence that Trump was told he lost: Doesn’t this testimony undermine the core of the Committee’s argument?

Panelist. Huh?

AM: Well, if he was so delusional that he didn’t believe his advisors, doesn’t that mean he really believed he won?

Listening not watching so I didn’t see the faces of the panel in response to her takeaway.

!!!Get her the fuck off the TV!!!
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that she's right about that and Trump honestly believed in his heart of malignant hearts that he really won and the election was, in fact, stolen.

[Narrator: the election was not, in fact, stolen]

That doesn't mean that he gets to foment a rebellion or incite people to violence. He gets to do what he did: argue in Courts all over the country that the results are invalid. And when he loses there, he gets to accede to the peaceful transfer of power, take his golf clubs and his covfefe, and go home. That's it.

So no, Andrea, it doesn't undermine the core of the Committee's argument.

I really hope someone made that point (I haven't been watching).
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN’s
@jaketapper
followed up with Lofgren on air just now, saying Trump family benefiting from “grift.” Lofgren said that for example Kimberly Guilfoyle was paid $60K to speak at the Jan 6 rally.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:09 pm I remember back on TFB1.0 we all wondered what bad things happened that Barr chose to step down. Now we get to hear about them.
Its interesting that no-one has mentioned December 18th. At least not yet.

For a refresher, Trump Signed an EO that said that after an election the AG could report back to the President and advise him that there was evidence that there was evidence of foreign interference in the election, at which point the Prez could authorize big noise investigations.

Well, Dec 18th 2020, there was news that Barr had visited Frump and there were reports of "Loud disagreements."

I think Barr went to Hrumph and said that there was no evidence of any foreign interference changing the result. Which means Grump could not start his big investigation and/or declare the election void.

Oddly, the fact that Barr had some degree of ethics saved the situation. It might be strange twisted ethics to you, but they exist. And you have to admit that.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“Navarro accused me of being an agent of the deep state working with Chris Krebs against the President and I never took another phone call from Mr. Navarro”

“The select committee discovered that the Save America Pac made millions of dollars in contributions to Pro-Trump organizations including one million dollars to Mark Meadows’ charitable organization”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The January 6 committee closes today's hearing with a video of Trump supporters saying on January 6 that they were there because of election fraud conspiracy theories Trump had given voice to
NSFW, language.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

So far, they've ended both hearings with people who consider that they believed the DFO's words and were the reason they came. :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:08 am Miller video says that Giuliani was drunk on election any given night.
FIFY
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

It would have been more surprising to find out Roodles was sober.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:26 pm It would have been more surprising to find out Roodles was sober.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MSNBC is going to have a recap special tonight, 8PM eastern. I believe Marrow will be there.
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:06 pm
Kendra wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:25 pm I am curious, RCD towards the end of this piece talks about Ashlee Babbitt and why no one's addressing the only person who died that day. IIRC, there was another young woman that died that day, trampled by the crowd was it? :oldlady:
Rosanne Boyland. Word in the conservative media is that she was beat unconscious by law enforcement with batons, then subsequently beaten to death while unconscious on the ground by law enforcement with batons whilst patriots tried valiantly to pull the officers off her, to no avail.
"For completeness": P&E: “J6Truth” Refutes Mainstream Media Narrative on US Capitol Protest:
The 45-minute-long film, “J6Truth,” released last week chronicling the January 6, 2021 incursion at the U.S. Capitol, tells a different story than that of the legacy media in regard to arrests made and the deaths of four individuals occurring during the melee.
"Different" is a word. :roll: Continuing:
Narrating the documentary is Edward Jacob (“Jake”) Lang, a 27-year-old “J6” prisoner whose attorney, Steve Metcalf, is featured several times and contends his client and others are the recipients of unequal justice as compared to Black Lives Matter (BLM) and other activists’ destruction of private businesses, police cars, and public property as well as murder over the summer of 2020 following the death of George Floyd.

Lang and others appearing in the footage claim that 34-year-old Rosanne Boyland of Georgia was killed by blunt force delivered by a U.S. Capitol police officer, contradicting media reports that Boyland died of a drug overdose, citing the “D.C. Medical Examiner’s Office”; “medical emergency” or from having been trampled.

As illuminated by Gateway Pundit journalist Cara Castronuova (10:21), in his narration Lang described attempting to save Boyland’s life as she was struck repeatedly by an officer with a nightstick and surrounded by a press of people. “…We have thousands of people who witnessed Rosanne Boyland’s death, [a] 34-year-old woman from Georgia. She died at the hands of Capitol Police; they pummeled her over onto the ground; they caused a stampede in which she got ran over and pepper-sprayed her while she was down; they put noxious tear gas in the atmosphere; she couldn’t breathe, and she ended up dying in my arms, and may God rest her soul,” Lang said as footage of the conflict played.

Following that, protester Phillip Anderson said Lang saved his life after he was pushed to the ground and nearly trampled to death amid actions of police brutality. “They pushed more and more people on top of us,” Anderson said in the background of the video. “They were beating and beating and beating.”

“Everything they said about Rosanne Boyland from the very beginning is a lie,” Anderson told “War Room” host Steve Bannon. “They straight-up killed her; it was murder, and I was holding her hand as she died, and everything she felt, I felt as well, ’cause I was right there next to her at the bottom of the pile holding her hand.”

“…when Rosanne Boyland is lying there on the ground, dying…a Capitol Police officer beats her over the head with a baton,” Anderson told Bannon.

Disturbing footage at 21:20 shows officers bringing a person to the ground and a single officer beating him repeatedly.

Rather than “cardiac arrest,” the film claims that, rather than “medical emergencies,” three other J6 decedents were killed as a result of “flash-bangs” thrown by Capitol Police, the deployment of which was corroborated independently by journalist Julie Kelly and the National File.

Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt was admittedly killed by U.S. Capitol Police officer Michael Byrd in what the documentary claims was an unnecessary use of force against an unarmed woman who posed no threat. Additional video of Babbitt’s killing is presented at the 17:55 mark in a Friday broadcast by former Trump personal attorney and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (Warning: footage is graphic and disturbing).
Lang, considered to be one of the most violent insurrectionists, is facing multiple felonies.

And, of course, the D.C. Medical Examiner ruled Boyland's death as "accidental acute amphetamine intoxication."
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

You know what, fuck them all.

That crowd of thousands of people who were rushing the line of Capitol Police were just walking by peacefully minding their own business when those mean cops dragged them up the scaffolds and up the steps and into the tunnel wnad then they pushed what's her name down and another line of police came in behind the crowd and was tasing them and herding them into the tunnel to trample her. If not then she would have just gotten up after she fell and continued her self guided tour.

I am getting just about tired of these knutsax.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

"legacy media"?
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:15 pm "legacy media"?
Conservative speak for established media, i.e., networks, cable, newspapers, radio, etc.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

bob wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:32 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:15 pm "legacy media"?
Conservative speak for established media, i.e., networks, cable, newspapers, radio, etc.
Interesting word. Sometimes you can get a read into their thinking by looking at the words they choose to use.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/legacy
Definition of legacy

1 : a gift by will especially of money or other personal property : bequest She left us a legacy of a million dollars.

2 : something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past:

3 : a candidate for membership in an organization (such as a school or fraternal order) who is given special status because of a familial relationship to a member
Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Coverage down under from Auntie

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-14/ ... /101147862

The latest January 6 hearing delved into Donald Trump and the 'Big Lie'. These were the big moments
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Reading the WaPo recaps it occurs to me that the dipshit traitors who said "nope" to subpoenas did the committee an unintentional service. Without them "Team Crazy" as they guy called it today, didn't get to defend their side of the story. Its like the mistake "Thick Kevin" made all over again, it froze out the bullshit arguments and only left the real world. Any mention of "Italian satellites" , 'Suitcases full of ballots" and "Dominion voting machines that flipped votes" are only referred to by sane people to point out how nuts those arguments were.

So Peter Navarro and Steven Bannon lost their chance to try to lend some legitimacy to the demons of a deranged mind.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”