INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

INDICATED #3! USA v. Donald Trump, Defendant - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Post by Kendra »

CNN reporting that the DC grand jury is meeting again today.
bob

INDICATED #3! USA v. Donald Trump, Defendant - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Post by bob »

When a federal judge says "hearing by Friday," "well, actually...." usually is not an acceptable answer.
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

bob wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:56 pm When a federal judge says "hearing by Friday," "well, actually...." usually is not an acceptable answer.
"Well, actually," in fact, was unacceptable:

Hearing on Friday. (Defendant did not explain how or why Friday was "lost" as an option.)
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

“I know I put Friday here, but it’s not here now, it’s lost..”
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

It's troo, with Podcast Addict on my Kindle Fire 10 tablet, set the sleep timer for 1 hour and only made it about 20 minutes. Mark is pushing gold from his favorite dealer because he's concerned about what the Biden Administration is doing. Have a feeling equities are doing better than gold but didn't stop and check. Mark Levin wouldn't mislead or rip off his audience, would he?

Jack is very popular :lol:
Jack E. Smith ⚖️ @7Veritas4
“Whatever you are, be a good one”. Here for people, politics and parody. Alt @jackesmith22
United States Joined December 2008
2,792 Following
358.9K Followers
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

7ixqtae540hb1.jpg
7ixqtae540hb1.jpg (152.38 KiB) Viewed 960 times

I saw this posted on Reddit. I don't Truth so it could be a fake, but it looks like his insane bullshit to me. The rubes will eat it up.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Dunno, can it write that many words in a row without an error?

Without the caps lock on?

Doubt it.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

We used to have that great Birther Calendar. Do you think we'd get a T**** Chrismas card if we made a T**** Calendar? With three Indicates already and the Quadfecta seeming to be soon, there are a ton of dates to keep track of. It could dovetail with GOP dates, like debates and primaries. If anybody has time, we could promote it outside the forum to bring new people in.

BONUS!

Leo is doing Twitter Spaces again!

He's LIVE right now!

JUDGE CANNON'S FOOTNOTE
Leo Donofrio, Esq. Host 89 other listeners

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1nAJErpwgzexL?s=20
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
realist

Post by realist »

This is the only place I found anything related, albeit it was a quickie search.

Conservative Tree House :lol:
The Last Refuge :roll:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... -failures/
That said, this remarkable statement by former J6 Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson is essentially admitting the committee destroyed evidence that undermined their preconceived notions.
And of course FOX https://www.foxnews.com/politics/j6-com ... op-charges
Image X 4
Image X 32
bob

Post by bob »

Translation: There are dueling lawyer letters sniping over the committee's obligation to preserve records. :yawn:

Good luck finding the letters so you can read them for yourself, in context. But it appears the committee took the unremarkable position that the House's counsel told the committee it didn't need to preserve junk, i.e., anything that wasn't worth the committee time. Like staff's routine correspondence among itself.

One person's junk may be another person's treasure, sure. But there's indication of a smocking gun, e.g., "Shirley, please delete those 26 minutes of footage that would exculpate the former president."
Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:36 am
7ixqtae540hb1.jpg

I saw this posted on Reddit. I don't Truth so it could be a fake, but it looks like his insane bullshit to me. The rubes will eat it up.
crosschecked on TS, is real, and he ranted several times with similar content.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Secret memo shows Trump campaign knew fake elector scheme was likely to fail

An internal Trump campaign memo by Kenneth Chesebro, a lawyer allied with Donald Trump, reveals new details about how the former president and his team initiated the plan to interfere with the electoral college process and install fake GOP electors in multiple states after losing the 2020 presidential election.

The 6 December 2020 memo, made public on Tuesday by the New York Times, shows how Chesebro laid out the plan to put forth slates of Republican electors in seven key swing states that Trump had lost.

The document, which federal prosecutors described as a “fraudulent elector memo”, revealed that Chesebro proposed the appointment of fake electors, and detailed a “messaging” strategy to portray them as evidence if legislatures later concluded Trump as the victor in those states.

In the memo, Chesebro acknowledges that he is suggesting a “bold, controversial strategy” that the supreme court would “likely” ultimately reject. He argues that the plan would focus attention on claims of voter fraud and “buy the Trump campaign more time to win litigation that would deprive Biden of electoral votes and/or add to Trump’s column”.

The memo was referenced in the four-count indictment against Trump by a Washington DC grand jury last month. The indictment identifies, but does not name, Chesebro as a co-conspirator in Trump’s alleged conspiracy to obstruct certification of the 2020 election.

In separate, previously seen emails, Chesebro had also suggested having then-vice president Mike Pence open and count the electoral votes alone. Pence would then certify the fake electors’ votes, even though Biden would have won the state, according to the plan.

live thread https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... ve-updates
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Special counsel Jack Smith obtained search warrant for Donald Trump’s Twitter account

33m ago 17.54 BST

Special counsel Jack Smith sought and obtained a search warrant for Donald Trump’s Twitter account as part of his criminal investigation of the former president, according to newly revealed court documents.

Twitter, now known as X, initially delayed production of the materials required by the search warrant, which resulted in a federal judge holding the company in contempt and levying a $350,000 fine.

The story was first reported by Politico.

15m ago 18.14 BST

According to newly revealed court documents, Twitter was barred from notifying anyone that a search warrant had been obtained for Donald Trump’s Twitter account.

The special counsel’s office sought the warrant in January 2023 as part of its investigation into the former president’s efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

The filing says special counsel Jack Smith obtained a search warrant directing Twitter to produce “data and records” related to Trump’s Twitter account. The filing says the court “found probable cause to search the Twitter account for evidence of criminal offenses”.

The court “found that there were ‘reasonable grounds to believe’ that disclosing the warrant to former President Trump ‘would seriously jeopardize the ongoing investigation’ by giving him ‘an opportunity to destroy evidence, change patterns of behavior, [or] notify confederates’”, the filing writes.

The district court also concluded the non-disclosure order was necessary because it “found reason to believe that the former President would ‘flee from prosecution’”, it says.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Got to admit I'm surprised Elmo didn't flip a bird at the court and tip off TFG anyway during the whole process. Not that I give him *credit* for my surprise. I'm just surprised.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
somerset

Post by somerset »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:17 pm Got to admit I'm surprised Elmo didn't flip a bird at the court and tip off TFG anyway during the whole process. Not that I give him *credit* for my surprise. I'm just surprised.
There may have been some severe penalties mentioned in the warrant for disclosing its presence. Unlike tfg, Musk can be jailed ;)
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

somerset wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:24 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:17 pm Got to admit I'm surprised Elmo didn't flip a bird at the court and tip off TFG anyway during the whole process. Not that I give him *credit* for my surprise. I'm just surprised.
There may have been some severe penalties mentioned in the warrant for disclosing its presence. Unlike tfg, Musk can be jailed ;)
Musk may not have known.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... e118&ei=12
Donald Trump's lawyer in the Washington D.C.-based election conspiracy case may have already violated a criminal rule in that jurisdiction, according to legal experts on Wednesday.

Trump attorney John Lauro has been seen on numerous morning and cable news shows discussing the case, a tactic that has already been criticized by those saying the former president wants to try that case in the court of public opinion --- and not in a courtroom. That media appearance schedule is also at the heart of an alleged rule violation, according to former Assistant United States Attorney Andrew Weissmann.

"It is not clear why Trump's lawyers have not already violated the DC court's Criminal Rule 57.7(b)(1) & (3), which prohibit the media blitz they have engaged in this past week," Weissmann wrote in a post on Wednesday. "I wd not be surprised if the Court and govt raise this at Friday's DC hearing on the protective order."
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Sounds like a good schedule to this IANAL.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Following the protection order hearing w @Brandi_Buchman

She is tweeting almost every word. DOJ lawyer flubbing it, big time, right now. :mad:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 5a64&ei=12
Special Counsel Jack Smith has called out Donald Trump’s defence team for appearing to forget how long ago the January 6 Capitol riots took place.

In a new legal filing, the prosecutor criticised the former president’s attorneys for writing that Mr Smith’s team “has been investigating this matter for three and a half years, while the defense is starting with a blank slate”.

“Not only is this claim impossible, as January 6, 2021, was two and a half years ago, but it is disingenuous,” the Special Counsel’s office wrote.

The defence claim also attracted the attention of social media users, with Scott MacFarlane of CBS tweeting: “I’ve seen many math mistakes in assorted Jan 6 defense court filings over the years. But this one is a whopper.”

This came as the prosecution and Mr Trump came to blows over their proposed dates for Mr Trump to be tried on charges over his efforts to overturn the 2020 election.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Thanks for the link p0rtia, good stuff!
https://twitter.com/Brandi_Buchman/stat ... 18402?s=20
Brandi Buchman @Brandi_Buchman wrote: ·
Follow
Replying to @Brandi_Buchman
Chutkan what about situation where person is denigrating a witness - what is meant to protect that from happening?
Lauro: Obviously since prosecutors brought this case in the middle of campaign, Trump has right to respond to political opponents...

Chutkan: But that has to yield. Regardless of what is going on with his, I hate to say, his day job, this is a criminal case. The need for this to proceed in normal order and protect witnesses, integrity of process means there are going to be limits on defendant's speech
:lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
realist

Post by realist »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:17 am Following the protection order hearing w @Brandi_Buchman

She is tweeting almost every word. DOJ lawyer flubbing it, big time, right now. :mad:

I don’t see the DOJ “blowing” it. I see them arguing for their wishes on a protective order. They may be overreaching in the limits of an order but I don’t see that as blowing it.

The tweeter is correct in one aspect, there’s usually not this big of a fight over a protective order. But then it’s Trump. He wants to have total freedom to speak, intimidate, denegrate, and the DOJ wants to put a zipper on his big mouth. Neither will get all they want.
Image X 4
Image X 32
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Windom (DOJ) simply cannot answer a direct question from the Judge. My god, she is laying it out what she wants to hear, and he cannot stop bashing the defense and their "try it in the media" approach--which is NOT what she is asking about. She says at least three times that she want him to argue the issue of what the order will cover and what it will not cover, and he doesn't hear her.
Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 10.38.35 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 10.38.35 AM.png (428.08 KiB) Viewed 432 times

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”