Verified: 💲8️⃣

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Still not a fan of L Cheney although I begrudgingly confess to a bit of respect. Nonetheless, I'm enjoying watching GQP heads explode.
ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:13 am Still not a fan of L Cheney although I begrudgingly confess to a bit of respect. Nonetheless, I'm enjoying watching GQP heads explode.
+1000
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

There are no Jan. 6 plea hearings set for today, but there is a motion hearing for Doug Jensen, the QAnon supporter who thought he was storming the White House and may go back to jail because he was so addicted to the My Pillow Guy’s content.

Friendly reminder for reporters: you want to look at anyone doing an initial appearance Tuesday. In most districts, The Feds arrest the most interesting cases the Friday before a long weekend because they don’t have to present them in front of a judge till the next federal day
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"This is an intelligent man... he is not a bumbling idiot,” Jensen’s lawyer says of his client, who confused the Capitol for the White House.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: Judge orders high-profile Jan 6 defendant Doug Jensen of Iowa back to jail, until trial

US Marshals will take custody of Jensen.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:21 am https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/ ... 9858719744
"This is an intelligent man... he is not a bumbling idiot,” Jensen’s lawyer says of his client, who confused the Capitol for the White House.
:rotflmao:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:21 am
:brickwallsmall:
ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

IIRC, one of the reasons given to give him pre-trial release a few weeks ago was his confusion between WH and Capitol buildings was that he was maybe not bright enough to have really been in on the planning? But yeah, :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

“Watching the MyPillow Guy Has Really Landed Someone in Jail” —
@pbmelendez
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Why yes.. NETFLIX has just been mentioned by a Jan 6 defendant... seeking more leniency from court
tencats

Post by tencats »

Intel shows far-right extremists like the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers are planning to rally at the Capitol: AP
Michael Balsamo , Associated Press
20 hours ago
https://apnews.com/article/capitol-sieg ... 5b1281c959
Far-right extremist groups like the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers are planning to attend a rally later this month at the US Capitol that is designed to demand "justice" for the hundreds of people who have been charged in connection with January's insurrection, according to three people familiar with intelligence gathered by federal officials.

As a result, US Capitol Police have been discussing in recent weeks whether that was erected outside the Capitol after January's riot will need to be put back up, the people said.

The officials have been discussing security plans that involve reconstructing the fence as well as another plan that does not involve a fence, the people said. They were not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.

The planned Sept. 18 rally at the Capitol comes as a jittery Washington has seen a series of troubling one-off incidents — including, most recently, and said he had a bomb and detonator. Among the most concerning events: A series of unexploded pipe bombs ahead of the Jan. 6 insurrection remains unexplained and no suspect has been charged.

On Capitol Hill, the politics around fencing in the iconic building and its grounds were extremely difficult for lawmakers after the Jan. 6 insurrection, even as they acknowledged the increased level of security it provided.

The decision on whether or not to erect the fence again will likely be considered by the Capitol Police Board, according to a House aide familiar with the matter and granted anonymity to discuss it. No decisions have been made.

Read more at https://apnews.com/article/capitol-sieg ... 5b1281c959
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:13 am Still not a fan of L Cheney although I begrudgingly confess to a bit of respect. Nonetheless, I'm enjoying watching GQP heads explode.
I agree, but she does seem to be a more traditional Republican than most Trumpists who call themselves R's.

Trumpanzees and other ultra-conservatives like to call moderate R's "RINOS". I think that THEY are the RINOS. First the Tea Party and now Trump have drawn much of the party away from the values and principles that were the main planks in the party platform twenty years ago.

If Saint Ronald were around today, he would not recognize those who currently call themselves Republicans. I wasn't a big fan of his, but he did once say that "we can disagree without being disagreeable". Today's Republicans seem to have a principle goal of being disagreeable.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Why would he want to storm the WH? On January6, it was still occupied by their guy.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

noblepa wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:10 pm I wasn't a big fan of his, but he did once say that "we can disagree without being disagreeable". Today's Republicans seem to have a principle goal of being disagreeable.
They.. were pretty disagreeable at the time too. Regan was during the era of Gingrich, the Moral Majority, and the general theocratic populist takeover of the party. Then, like today, when they talk about being disagreeable, they have a certain natural order in mind regarding who is 'disagreeable' and who is 'reasonably upset' which boils down to 'if lesser people do not keep quiet and remember their place, they are disagreeable'.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Plea hearing scheduled for TOMORROW at 11am in high-profile Jan 6 case of Jacob Chansley. He's the so-called Q-Anon Shaman
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: The “QAnon Shaman” has reached a plea deal with federal prosecutors, and his lawyer says he doesn’t want to be known as the “QAnon Shaman” anymore.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Change denied. :|
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:38 pm
NEW: The “QAnon Shaman” has reached a plea deal with federal prosecutors, and his lawyer says he doesn’t want to be known as the “QAnon Shaman” anymore.
Yeah, good luck with that.
ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

So is he coming back on the 18th? :smoking:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:40 pmChange denied. :|
As my mom would have said, “Well, you should have thought about that before you painted your face all up and dressed yourself like Genghis Kahn.”
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

That's going to be carved on his headstone. He'll never shake that moniker.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:P At least Douglas has a 66% off MyPillow coupon code now.

These bogus grifter fundraiser proceeds should be included in forfeiture.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:14 pm

Why would he want to storm the WH? On January6, it was still occupied by their guy.

Dude, these people ain't exactly Nobel Laureates.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Maybe he’d prefer “The Q-Tip of the Spear.” :roll:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”