January 6 Select Committee

Kendra

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Kendra »

Also, Liz Aloi, the prosecutor who sent the subpoena to Navarro, is on the prosecution team. She just recently dropped off the Baked Alaska prosecution, having gotten him to proffer his way into a corner before deciding maybe he wanted to be indicted with a felony after all.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:51 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:28 pm So they're going to just skip over Meadows?
The legal guys were on CNN a while ago and they speculated that things are slower for Meadows because he was further up the advisor food chain than a flunky like Navarro. Paraphrasing, don't recall the exact words.
If that's true the fuck-job by the DOJ is real.

However. The elephant in the room is that they have not done Meadows because it is quite likely that they will indict Meadows with much more serious crimes. But the talking heads don't like to, y'know, talk about it.
raison de arizona

Was reviewing the RWNJ response to the Navarro indictment, seeing "political prisoner," "they are going after their political enemies," "this is in response to Durham, he is getting too close," "banana republic," "what about Hunter", and my personal favorite, "he invited this so I’m excited to see what he does with discovery!"

:lol:

Navarro is up now, Kyle Cheney is live tweeting:
Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney wrote: HAPPENING JOW: Navarro is being arraigned at federal courthouse in DC. Says he wants to go pro se.

Navarro has taken multiple shots at DOJ during this hearing and says he’s been charged in bad faith after filing a civil suit against the select committee and the US attorney. He’s using this hearing to air grievances about the process.

“I don’t want to spend my retirement savings on lawyers,” Navarro says.

Navarro says he saved “millions of lives” as an adviser to Trump.
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/ ... 9155079168

Navarro's lawyer has a fool for a client, that's how that works, right? :lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Southpaw is also live tweeting:
southpaw @nycsouthpaw wrote: Peter Navarro’s first appearance in front of Zia Farraqui, the best magistrate judge in DC, is so far involving a lot of talking from the defendant. He’s now summarizing his pro se civil complaint to the magistrate.

We just heard a moment ago that Navarro’s first appearance in front of the District Judge (Mehta) will be on June 17.

Navarro is arguing for his criminal case to be postponed until his civil case is “allowed to go forward.” (Not how anything works.) A public defender was appointed for him for purposes of today, but he says he’s gonna continue to advocate for himself pro se in both matters.

“Typically, criminal cases do proceed ahead of civil cases,” Judge Faruqui says to Peter Navarro, gently.

“I served in the Trump White House for four years,” Navarro continues after suggesting he was going to stop talking. “I saved millions of lives.”

Navarro is complaining that he was arrested at the airport (on his way to Nashville, he says) rather than at his home, which he says it 100 yards from the FBI building.

“I was a distinguished public servant for four years. No one ever questioned my ethics.”

Navarro is now objecting to the conditions of his release without bail. Doesn’t want to surrender his passport or inform the court if he travels, etc.

Now he’s arguing with Faruqui about the condition that he not use illegal narcotics.

“That’s not me,” Navarro says.

So it shouldn’t be a burden then, Faruqui says.

Navarro doesn’t like it.

Pretrial services comes back on the line to explain these are standard conditions.

The government explains that they’re asking for the travel notifications because of the nature of the charges—that he had failed to comply with a lawful order to appear.

Faruqui rules Navarro can keep his passport, but he will have to notify the court of his travel and get approval for travel outside the continental US.
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/ ... 4965067777
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thanks for the live twitter links guys :bighug:
raison de arizona

He actually said that. He really is that dumb.
Jason Campbell @JasonSCampbell wrote: Rep Louie Gohmert on Navarro indictment: "If you're a Republican, you can't even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they're coming after you"
:roll:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I am not a fan of Ari Melber, but considering today's events, his interview with Navarro yesterday is worth a watch. Melber was on the first 1/2 of Deadline Whitehouse, rehashing it with stand-in-for-Nicholle John Heilman (sp?). Then he was off to get ready for his show, one guest coming up will be Michael Cohen.
raison de arizona

The judge gently reminded Navarro that perhaps shooting his mouth off in the media at this point may not be in his best interest. Let's hope Navarro can't resist. I give it even odds.

"I need everybody in America to buy [my] book on Amazon."
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

oh my

raison de arizona

Navarro is upset he got arrested. Please, please, let there be video.

Also, this isn't exactly how that went down. I know, it's hard to believe Navarro would lie about something.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Prediction: At some point Real Soon Now, someone on the R side is going to remember that Navarro used to be a Reagan-criticizing, Clinton/Gore-supporting, Climage Change-believing Democrat. And wash their hands of him.

Let's see if I'm right.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

John Cardillo @johncardillo wrote: Navarro was arrested on board a plane on his way to do the Huckabee show in Nashville.

He was going to expose some things about the J6 Committee to Huckabee's large audience.

But I guess the timing of his arrest and leg shackles for a process crime are just coincidence.
Gee, I guess now Navarro will NEVER share the dirt on the J6 Committee and we'll never know the nefarious things they were up to.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

didn’t Trevor Noah do a bit on how crazy Navarro is?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

wow

raison de arizona

There's a reason he is known as the dumbest member of Congress, he's earned it.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/03/trump- ... epublicans
Former President Trump and his allies, in conjunction with top House GOP leadership and conservative groups, have begun pulling documents and coordinating a behind-the-scenes effort to counterprogram the Jan. 6 committee's televised hearings this month, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: Republicans face a daunting challenge in the coming messaging war. The committee has been building toward this moment for months, hoping to use the blockbuster summer hearings to paint a vivid picture of how close Trump and his supporters came to subverting democracy.

Republicans are plotting to compete with wall-to-wall cable coverage by using their own platforms to argue the committee is a partisan fishing expedition that lacks legal legitimacy.
That framing will be central to their hopes of defanging whatever negative revelations come to light during the hearings.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sooooo, Frank Speech, Pravda Truth Social and Parler? Yeah, Iz skeered.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:13 pm
John Cardillo @johncardillo wrote: Navarro was arrested on board a plane on his way to do the Huckabee show in Nashville.

He was going to expose some things about the J6 Committee to Huckabee's large audience.

But I guess the timing of his arrest and leg shackles for a process crime are just coincidence.
Gee, I guess now Navarro will NEVER share the dirt on the J6 Committee and we'll never know the nefarious things they were up to.
Isn't it amazing how they are always just about t expose de trooth when something bad happens? Especially when he has been going onto every News affiliate in the US to talk about stuff (and confess the crimes he committed but hey)
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Chilidog wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:28 pm wow
► Show Spoiler
The grievance-building implication is Democrats lie all the time to Congress and the FBI.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:44 pm Sooooo, Frank Speech, Pravda Truth Social and Parler? Yeah, Iz skeered.
Gab and Parler too, no? And 8chan.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:lol:

Watching the talking heads this afternoon. If I have it correctly, the grand jury subpoena he mentioned in his *lawsuit* wasn't related to the contempt of congress, but a request for information the GJ wants related to something said GJ is investigating and Navarro had information they wanted. The due date for that information was yesterday morning.

:lol: over Navarro blathering on to Ari Melber maybe a couple of hours after he was indicted and indictment sealed until he was in custody.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thoughts?
much ado

Post by much ado »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:19 pm Thoughts?
Yep. Tots an' pears.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”