Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by RTH10260 »

All this makes me wonder what incident is still required that the FBI makes a seach at his Bedminster facilities, as at his T tower condo. :think: :think: :think:
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Re: Spy Hard - Trump's Classified Doc Theft: FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - Mar-A-Lago, DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness

Post by jez »

Not like he has a hoarding problem or anything. :nope:
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:27 am All this makes me wonder what incident is still required that the FBI makes a seach at his Bedminster facilities, as at his T tower condo. :think: :think: :think:
Me too. Not expecting another search (at least not soon), but I won't be surprised if there is one. Cf. the discussion somewhere above about the dam having been broken with the Mar-a-Lago search. People who know shit will be experiencing internal pressure to rat the bastard out.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:32 am
RTH10260 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:27 am All this makes me wonder what incident is still required that the FBI makes a search at his Bedminster facilities, as at his T tower condo. :think: :think: :think:
Me too. Not expecting another search (at least not soon), but I won't be surprised if there is one. Cf. the discussion somewhere above about the dam having been broken with the Mar-a-Lago search. People who know shit will be experiencing internal pressure to rat the bastard out.
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

What amazes me is the consistency of all the boxes. They all have some magazine, newspaper, etc articles. Almost all have an item of clothing or gift. Lots of them have one book. Almost all have photos, etc. And almost all have something that says "secret" or "confidential". I can picture some little funky in a room with all this stuff in separate piles and walking around with a box putting something from each pile into a box, except for the secret stuff which would be put in later. Hmmmm, better to hide it in the open, so to speak.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Might be the result of boxing up a stratigraphic filing system, like I tend to develop. "I last worked on those drawings two years ago, so it should be about two inches down... Ah, here it is!"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, Fiascoist, that's a good observation, the little crazy that's hiding amongst the big crazy.

Earthlings are going to be discovering new things all day today.
Katie Porter '28
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Lots of empty folders with classified banners. So whatever used to be in those folders is no longer in the folders. That sounds...bad.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Is anyone expecting the judge to file her decision today, or is she and the clerks studying all the laws they never knew to exist, like PRA and espionage, until well into next week?
bob

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:51 am Lots of empty folders with classified banners. So whatever used to be in those folders is no longer in the folders. That sounds...bad.
Yeah: It is quite possible that the documents are in the boxes, and just out of their folders. So even if it isn't that bad, it sounds bad, and unnecessarily gave up the narrative. Anyone who thought making this list public would be helpful should be fired.

And, of course, it also could actually be as bad it sounds.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Wonder whose fingerprints are on those docs and boxes. :think:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:51 am Lots of empty folders with classified banners. So whatever used to be in those folders is no longer in the folders. That sounds...bad.
I bet the former guy will plead that's how he declassified his stash :twisted:
Jim

Post by Jim »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:52 am Is anyone expecting the judge to file her decision today, or is she and the clerks studying all the laws they never knew to exist, like PRA and espionage, until well into next week?
I vote that if she can't figure out a way to protect Trump, release late fri nite.

If she figures out a way, probably Monday so the right-wing talking heads can keep on pounding Biden and FBI.

Wonder how many threats the judge has receeived?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:52 am Is anyone expecting the judge to file her decision today, or is she and the clerks studying all the laws they never knew to exist, like PRA and espionage, until well into next week?
I feel sorry for the low-man-on-the-totem-pole clerk who just lost their holiday weekend to do all this research so the judge can issue her ruling Tuesday afternoon.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I totally expect Judge Cannon to release the order today, before 5 pm.

I expect her to appoint a Special Master, but it will not be Hillary Clinton. :(

If she orders the FBI to stop reviewing the documents, after I wrote that she couldn't stop the criminal investigation :oopsy: :liar: :bag: I also wrote what I would respond, in the Theater of the Absurd.

But it's going to be at least partly good for Trump, so not a Friday Smackdown. And as bob reminded us, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals has a majority of Trump-appointed judges.

So things will be worse before they are better. I counsel patience. :waiting:
Katie Porter '28
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kevin McCarthy wants the FBI to stop investigating where 80 classified/military aide documents disappeared.
🚨 NEW → Just put AG Merrick Garland and FBI Director Christopher Wray on notice for their appearance in public hearings before
@JudiciaryGOP
concerning the unprecedented raid on President Trump’s home.

They must provide all communications and documents relating to the raid.
Also,
@GOPLeader
REALLY doesn't want to be asked why Roger Stone got a SECRET pardon and what that has to do with Emmanuel Macron, if it does.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Highlights one issue of appointing a Special Master: the seized material provides reasonable inference there still may be classified info in the wild - and you can't effectively investigate without the docs.

A delay in investigating represents a risk to national security.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Calling it now maga excuse #85: Trump only stole empty folders.

Missing documents makes it clear there needs to be a search warrant for all of trumps other properties post haste
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I do appreciate Kevin McCarthy's pitiful attempts to be relevant and very, very scary. I can't think of anyone in their right mind who would be askeered of him no matter how hard he tries - remember Filly's signature, "Paul Ryan playing with a head injury" or sumpin'?

McCarthy is plugged in, but his electric cord is sparking and useless.
Katie Porter '28
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:01 pm I do appreciate Kevin McCarthy's pitiful attempts to be relevant and very, very scary. I can't think of anyone in their right mind who would be askeered of him no matter how hard he tries - remember Filly's signature, "Paul Ryan playing with a head injury" or sumpin'?

One wonders how the minority leader gets to schedule committee hearings before which the FBI must appear. One does.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and scary scary Kevin M. scares everybody by saying the Attorney General and the Director of the FBI "must provide all communications and documents relating to the raid" that wasn't really a raid but whatevs.

No, they're not going to tell you who the snitch(es) are either, Scary Kev. You can scare everybody half to death :lol: but you can't interfere with an ongoing criminal investigation.
Katie Porter '28
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:54 am Wonder whose fingerprints are on those docs and boxes. :think:
OMG. I hadn't put that together.

:thumbsup:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Foggy wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:01 pm I do appreciate Kevin McCarthy's pitiful attempts to be relevant and very, very scary. I can't think of anyone in their right mind who would be askeered of him no matter how hard he tries - remember Filly's signature, "Paul Ryan playing with a head injury" or sumpin'?

I accidentally heard him giving part of his little prebuttal. Yuck. The voice drips with deceit and insincerity. I don't know, sort of self-loathing on his part. Smarmy. Like he wanted to be anywhere else--but still despises those he speaks to. Ugh.
bob

Post by bob »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:51 pm Missing documents makes it clear there needs to be a search warrant for all of trumps other properties post haste
"Perp had contraband at Location A, which the perp controls, creates probable cause that the perp also has contraband at Location B, which the perp also controls," is probably good-enough-for-po-lice-work work for the neighborhood dealer.

But probably too risky for a criminal investigation that will be heavily scrutinized and exhaustively chronicled.
Image ImageImage
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I added them all up.

There were

31 documents marked Confidential
51 marked Secret
27 marked Top Secret
11,179 Government unclassified
48 empty classified folders
42 empty Return to Staff/Mil Aide folders
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”