January 6 Select Committee

Kendra

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Kendra »

BREAKING: SCOTUS has officially denied Donald Trump's call for Supreme Court review of the Jan. 6 select committee's bid for his White House records.

https://supremecourt.gov/orders/courtor ... r_bq7d.pdf
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

BUT... But... but... all those SCOTUS members he placed into strategic positions :!: Revoke their nominations asap :!:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:11 am Revoke their nominations asap
Yes, and that is exactly as possible as re-installing Trump in the White House. :thumbsup:
bob

Post by bob »

"For the record," the justices could have chosen not to publish their votes to grant.

But simple math indicates no more than three justices would have voted to grant.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Underbussing?
BREAKING: Ivanka Trump is in talks with the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol about the possibility of cooperating with the panel, according to two people familiar with the discussions.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
June bug

Post by June bug »

IMHO it’s just a delaying tactic.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

June bug wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:10 pm IMHO it’s just a delaying tactic.
:yeahthat:

Until we get a report that has (past tense) met with the Committee and not invoked the 5th, the assumption should be that this is the usual bullshit.
raison de arizona

House January 6 committee is meeting with Kimberly Guilfoyle

(CNN)Kimberly Guilfoyle is currently being interviewed by the House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol Hill riot, according to a source familiar with the deposition.

Guilfoyle is engaged to Donald Trump Jr., former President Donald Trump's son, and was a member of the Trump campaign.

Guilfoyle was involved in raising money for the Trump campaign and the January 6 "Stop the Steal" rally. She was seen backstage with Trump and other high level White House and campaign officials during the rally. She also spoke at the rally, telling the crowd, "We will not allow the liberals and the Democrats to steal our dream or steal our elections."

Guilfoyle's appearance is notable, because while CNN has reported that the committee had subpoenaed and obtained her phone records, she has not publicly been issued a subpoena to appear before the committee.

A committee spokesperson declined to comment.

CNN has reached out to an attorney seen heading to meet with the committee this morning.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/25/politics ... index.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

news: A tense confrontation between the House select committee and Kimberly Guilfoyle unfolded privately on Friday morning, with Guilfoyle and her lawyers abruptly ending her conversation with the committee over concerns about its ground rules, according to 4 people familiar..
Moar at the link/thread.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Whoa, I didn't realize my sympathy meter could register negative numbers, hmm. :think:
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

It was probably the ground rule about telling the truth and nothing but the truth that was the sticking point. :lol:
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I read some of the Twitter stream. She freaked that some of the members of the January 6th committee were on the call where she was testifying before the January 6th committee. :fingerwag:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Foggy wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:21 pm Whoa, I didn't realize my sympathy meter could register negative numbers, hmm. :think:
"To infinity and beyond!"
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kimberly Guilfoyle abruptly bailed today when she saw Adam Schiff and Jamie Raskin on the call. Spokesperson said she didn’t want them there because they are “notorious for leaking” to the press.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Some news here - 1/6 committee spox Tim Mulvey says Kimberly Guilfoyle turned over documents to them — and cracks the door open to a subpoena after today's interview was halted:

https://politico.com/minutes/congress/0 ... testifies/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Sweet!
Hugo Lowell @hugolowell 36m
BREAKING: Jan. 6 committee subpoenas six more Trump lawyers involved in effort to stop certification of Biden’s election win: Cleta Mitchell, Christina Bobb, Kurt Olsen, Katherine Freiss, Phillip Kline, Kenneth Chesebro
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

orlylicious wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:40 pm Sweet!
Hugo Lowell @hugolowell 36m
BREAKING: Jan. 6 committee subpoenas six more Trump lawyers involved in effort to stop certification of Biden’s election win: Cleta Mitchell, Christina Bobb, Kurt Olsen, Katherine Freiss, Phillip Kline, Kenneth Chesebro
Cleta Mitchell, alright! I forget sometimes that Christina Bobb isn't just a whack job OAN host, she's also a Trump lawyer. Good.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2022/02 ... iots-dies/
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A Mercer County man who pleaded guilty to his role in the Jan. 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol has died.

:snippity:

Matthew Perna’s family said he died last week of a “broken heart.” In his obituary, the family said, “The justice system killed his spirit and his zest for life.” There was no cause of death given.
Updated: He died by suicide.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

:wave: :violin:
raison de arizona

Reality Check wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:23 pm :wave: :violin:
Yup.
Federal prosecutors said Perna broke into the Capitol through a U.S. Senate entry door after rioters breached barriers erected by law enforcement outside the complex. Perna remained inside the Senate wing lobby for about 20 minutes.

He used a cell phone to record an eight-minute video to his Facebook account. During the video, Perna’s comments included, “It’s not over, trust me.”
https://www.ncnewsonline.com/news/local ... 6da17.html

It's over.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Good riddance :loser:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Only 74,223,368 left
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.axios.com/scoop-biden-to-de ... b6e48.html
President Biden will deny the shield of executive privilege for two top advisers to former President Donald Trump — his first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and former trade adviser Peter Navarro — in the House select committee's Jan. 6 investigation, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: The move will likely force Flynn and Navarro to make a choice: cooperate with the select committee or face potential criminal referral from Congress to the Department of Justice.

Navarro vowed to take his case to the Supreme Court.
Flynn's attorney responded to the White House by insisting that his client has not asserted executive privilege or refused to appear for a deposition by the Jan. 6 committee.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”