X -Where Twitter goes to die.

Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Twitter

Post by Slarti the White »

Gregg wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:46 pm
Elmo owns 100% of Twitter, or he told the SEC he does, some people think there is more to it than that. He doesn't have partners but he does have lenders none of whom are known to have accepted Twitter stock as collateral, choosing to instead take Tesla stock, which is only worth half what it was when the Twitter deal closed. This has a very good chance of turning into the rare and satisfying "Fuck Everybody" scenario where everyone even close to it gets a stank on them they will never wash off, as well as getting fincancially hosed by the event. See: Trump
Thanks for the clarification! I still think that his investors are probably okay with what he's doing to Twitter -- especially if they're not directly invested in it.
Chilidog

Twitter

Post by Chilidog »

Did he ban ElonJet because he has sold it?
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Twitter

Post by Greatgrey »

014FFC7A-2B07-45DD-B1B0-597AE63DBBFD.jpeg
014FFC7A-2B07-45DD-B1B0-597AE63DBBFD.jpeg (124 KiB) Viewed 690 times
The doxxing argument was/is bullshit. All the flight tracking does is show where a plane is.

It doesn’t tell ya who is onboard.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Per an article in Semafor -

Elon Musk's team is seeking new investors for Twitter
The managing director of Elon Musk’s family office is seeking new equity investors for Twitter as users revolt, advertisers flee, and debt payments loom, according to people familiar with the fundraising effort.

Musk’s money manager, Jared Birchall, reached out to potential investors this week, offering shares of Twitter at the same price, $54.20, that Musk paid to take the company private in October, the people said.

“Over recent weeks we’ve received numerous inbound requests to invest in Twitter,” it read, according to a copy reviewed by Semafor. “Accordingly, we are pleased to announce a follow-on equity offering for common shares at the original price and terms, targeting a year-end close.”

Ross Gerber, a Tesla investor who said he put less than $1 million in Musk’s original takeover of Twitter, confirmed that he was contacted Thursday evening about another funding round at the $44 billion valuation.

Gerber said he’s considering it but wants to get a clearer idea of what the plan is. “One could argue he has created value or destroyed value at Twitter. It’s hard to tell at this point,” he said.
There’s more at the article, but the author speculates that Musk could find investors among the CEOs who are fans of his.

My comment: A fool and his money…
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

Don’t think that Musk tweet is real…at least it doesn’t appear on his feed.

His new “Kaboom!” Is a lot of FBI submissions for possible moderation (Trump’s FBI)— many were giving false election dates etc.

To me, meh….

some were democratic leaning accounts as well….

Anyhoo…
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Twitter

Post by raison de arizona »

Yes, and he started banning reporters that had nothing to do with the plane business tonight. I have a good tweet thread book marked I’ll post when I’m on a computer and can select the text out.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Twitter

Post by poplove »

Danraft wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:42 pm Don’t think that Musk tweet is real…at least it doesn’t appear on his feed.

His new “Kaboom!” Is a lot of FBI submissions for possible moderation (Trump’s FBI)— many were giving false election dates etc.

To me, meh….

Anyhoo…
The tweet was real according to tweeters who say they saw that tweet but he almost immediately took it down so they were unable to get a screenshot.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Twitter

Post by Greatgrey »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:44 pm Yes, and he started banning reporters that had nothing to do with the plane business tonight. I have a good tweet thread book marked I’ll post when I’m on a computer and can select the text out.
Linette Lopez.

Didn’t do any doxxing, just has been reporting about mElon & Tesla for a very long time.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
pipistrelle

Twitter

Post by pipistrelle »

poplove wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:48 pm
Danraft wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:42 pm Don’t think that Musk tweet is real…at least it doesn’t appear on his feed.

To me, meh….

Anyhoo…
The tweet was real according to tweeters who say they saw that tweet but he almost immediately took it down so they were unable to get a screenshot.
The use of "alternative" sounded like a murder threat.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Twitter

Post by Kriselda Gray »

neonzx wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:33 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:23 am Good luck on that. I've been trying to get people to stop using the highlighter, and even passed on a suggestion that takes no more work for them to use (click the "sun" button next to the "T2" button instead of the "highlighter" button) and only a couple have tried that.
The "sun" button doesn't look at all good on my style/theme. I always have to mouse over to see the text.
When I highlight, I black ink the text and then yellow highlight. Everyone should see that fine.
And I thank you most sincerely for that!
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

Nope.
Everyone will not “see that fine.” Those who use dark themes or alternative coloring choices (for less eye strain and less blue light that destroys the circadian rhythm.)… it is horrible. The “glow” creates a background color “highlight” that works in all theme choices that various members put up.

In most cases of people using highlight=yellow, i can’t read it at all. So, it is like highlighting what you think is important with a sharpie marker. Most of the time I just move on. If I actually want to read it, I will click on the “quote” button so I can get a readable format.

Just my input as to why the highlight=yellow has issues for some.
Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:31 pm
neonzx wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:33 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:23 am Good luck on that. I've been trying to get people to stop using the highlighter, and even passed on a suggestion that takes no more work for them to use (click the "sun" button next to the "T2" button instead of the "highlighter" button) and only a couple have tried that.
The "sun" button doesn't look at all good on my style/theme. I always have to mouse over to see the text.
When I highlight, I black ink the text and then yellow highlight. Everyone should see that fine.
And I thank you most sincerely for that!
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

If that is his actual (deleted) tweet… wow.
Wrong in so many ways.
Hopefully, if verified, he is judged (as to what the f**k is going on?) with this deleted tweet providing context. Wow.
Greatgrey wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:31 pm 014FFC7A-2B07-45DD-B1B0-597AE63DBBFD.jpeg

The doxxing argument was/is bullshit. All the flight tracking does is show where a plane is.

It doesn’t tell ya who is onboard.
MN-Skeptic

Twitter

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Aaron Ruper’s back on Twitter!

I want to thank everyone for all the support and kind words over the past day and some change. I was pretty bummed about getting suspended initially but quickly realized it’d be fine because I’m blessed to have an amazing online community. Seriously, I appreciate it a lot. Cheers
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

I don't think that this will instill faith in a stable platform. Another Stable Genius :blackeye:
Elon Musk reinstates Twitter accounts of suspended journalists
On a wild day of bans, sudden U-turns and chaotic messaging, Musk abides by Twitter poll result that favoured restoring the accounts of reporters he accused of ‘doxxing’ him

Josh Taylor
Sat 17 Dec 2022 06.24 GMT

Elon Musk has lifted the suspensions of the Twitter accounts of several journalists he had banned a day earlier, after the second poll he conducted on the topic went against his preferred outcome.

On Thursday, Musk suspended a group of tech journalists from the website, including Ryan Mac from the New York Times, Drew Harwell of the Washington Post and CNN’s Donie O’Sullivan, for what he said were breaches of the company’s new rule about revealing people’s locations.

After an initial poll supported an immediate reversal of the bans on Thursday, Musk said there were too many options, and ran another poll for 24 hours with just two options: to keep the ban in place for seven days, or lift the ban immediately.

After close to 3.7m votes, users voted to lift the ban 58.7% to 41.3%.

In a tweet shortly after, Musk said he would lift the bans, and several of those users returned to the platform.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... ournalists
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Twitter

Post by RTH10260 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:41 pm Per an article in Semafor -

Elon Musk's team is seeking new investors for Twitter
Musk’s money manager, Jared Birchall, reached out to potential investors this week, offering shares of Twitter at the same price, $54.20, that Musk paid to take the company private in October, the people said.
Hmmm - no stock exchange listing to get the true market value :think: Best approach check the Tesla market value and apply that as the least discount on Twitter shares to start with, then apply a healthy risk discount to match the loss of human resources knowledge base of software and supporting activities.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Twitter

Post by Foggy »

And are all the journalists back, or just the ones he graciously decided to innocuously ban instead of having them murdered, which he said was the alternative? :think:
Katie Porter '28
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Twitter

Post by neonzx »

I'm sorry, but I have no faith in this egomaniac. Nice that he unsuspended the slew of journalists who got hit, but it will happen again and again unless he steps backs and hands the keys to competent persons. Go ride your rocket, Elon. Mars awaits you.
Kendra

Twitter

Post by Kendra »

Glad to hear Aaron is back. He was on CNN last night, as well as on MSNBC per a clip posted by @Acyn, very gracious attitude considering he didn't have the backing of a large media outlet like some of the other reporters.

LOL, first off the 3AM hour of F&F after they breathlessly reported on the latest release of Twitter files, was a discussion on the banned (now unbanned) reporters and how they BELIEVE!!! these reporters did really dox Musk by revealing his plane's location. Hegseth made mention that one of those reporters frequently tweets about their show and then Aaron's name came out.

So, lots more publicity for Aaron? I'm good with that.
Kendra

Twitter

Post by Kendra »

Elon Musk is the same guy who was dismissive of an *actual* assassination attempt on Pelosi’s husband and used the platform to promote conspiracy theory about it, right?

Just checking.
Kendra

Twitter

Post by Kendra »

Now that Donie is back, so is this thread making some interesting points on 12/15.

NEW: LAPD statement on alleged Musk incident:

"LAPD's Threat Management Unit (TMU) is aware of the situation and tweet by Elon Musk and is in contact with his representatives and security team. No crime reports have been filed yet."

The Musk tweet:
It is not yet clear how the alleged incident might be linked to Jack Sweeney's ElonJet account, as Musk suggests.

One of the last tweets on the account showed Musk’s plane landed in LA on Monday night. However, Musk said the alleged incident involving his child occurred Tuesday.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Twitter

Post by AndyinPA »

As an outsider, I can't see any reason to trust Twitter.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Danraft

Twitter

Post by Danraft »

By other analysis of public cameras vat the intersection the Musk car event happened…there is no recording all week of anything to match it.

It’s possible that its all bs…
Kendra wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:41 am Now that Donie is back, so is this thread making some interesting points on 12/15.

NEW: LAPD statement on alleged Musk incident:

"LAPD's Threat Management Unit (TMU) is aware of the situation and tweet by Elon Musk and is in contact with his representatives and security team. No crime reports have been filed yet."

The Musk tweet:
It is not yet clear how the alleged incident might be linked to Jack Sweeney's ElonJet account, as Musk suggests.

One of the last tweets on the account showed Musk’s plane landed in LA on Monday night. However, Musk said the alleged incident involving his child occurred Tuesday.
Gregg

Twitter

Post by Gregg »

realist wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:00 pm FWIW
Top 5 Twitter Shareholders
By Nathan Reiff
Updated October 23, 2022
Reviewed by Margaret James
Peggy James

Fact checked by Pete Rathburn

Institutional investors dominated the list of Twitter's top shareholders until April 2022, when Tesla (TSLA) Chief Executive Elon Musk disclosed he had accumulated a 9% stake in the social media company.1 Musk's purchase briefly made him Twitter's largest shareholder—at least according to public sources—until mutual fund giant The Vanguard Group disclosed in a filing with the SEC that its funds held 82.4 million shares, accounting for 10.3% of Twitter's common stock, as of March 31, 2022.2 [...]
Key Takeaways

Tesla CEO Elon Musk accumulated a 9.2% stake in Twitter in April 2022, making him the second-largest shareholder behind Vanguard.
The other top shareholders of the social media company were asset managers Morgan Stanley, BlackRock, and State Street.
Collectively, the top five Twitter shareholders own more than 37% of the compan

The deal closed on October 27, 2022, with the merger between Twitter, Inc. and X Holdings II, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of X Holdings I, Inc., wholly owned by Musk,[3] and Musk took control of the company,[79] paying $54.20 per share, or about $44 billion.[27]

Those are the people who got $54.20 a share for a company worth $30 a share at best, and worth mabye $10 a share now.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dr. Ken

Twitter

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Twitter

Post by keith »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:59 pm Am I the only one around here who has never been on Twitter?
Nope.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”