January 6 Select Committee

filly

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by filly »

northland10 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:13 pm If Garland's DOJ was taking more visible action on this, folks like Navarro would be screaming louder and grifting more. They and their marks thrive on being the victim so Garland saying anything would increase that, not decrease it.
No, he's grifting anyway. These criminals need to be hauled before a Grand Jury. Garland can follow DOJ rules and do it secretly but these traitors would publicize it for the DOJ. Doing nothing and sitting by is destroying faith in our institutions even further. The 81 million who voted for Biden did not elect him to see democracy disappear. This is a real fucking problem.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This is a hell of an interview with Peter Navarro and Ari Melber!! This is not going to do Peter any favors, Ari runs a clip of Garrett Ziegler admitting he's the one who waived Powell & Flynn into the WH complex (and got his permission to do that revoked right after). Peter's like, no comment, I didn't know that...

You've really gotta see this. Ari even corners Peter with the "Can Harris do what you proposed Pence could do?" and narrowed it and Peter hemmed and hawed.

Subpoenaed Trump Aide Runs From Military And Elector Plots In MSNBC Interview
419,078 views Feb 10, 2022

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:02 pm
Investigators Find Gaps in White House Logs of Trump’s Jan. 6 Calls

This is when it's inconvenient for us to be on the brink of going to war with Russia, because if we were friends, we could ask them for the transcripts of every call Trump made that day.

Very sad. :violin: :crying:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Maybe there is a very simple explanation: the former guy was so stuck to the happenings on the tv that he forgot to phone :twisted:
much ado

Post by much ado »

I bet that whatever agency maintains White House communications has an electronic record of calls on government lines. And his personal cell phone provider also would have records.
filly

Post by filly »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:07 am This is a hell of an interview with Peter Navarro and Ari Melber!! This is not going to do Peter any favors, Ari runs a clip of Garrett Ziegler admitting he's the one who waived Powell & Flynn into the WH complex (and got his permission to do that revoked right after). Peter's like, no comment, I didn't know that...

You've really gotta see this. Ari even corners Peter with the "Can Harris do what you proposed Pence could do?" and narrowed it and Peter hemmed and hawed.

Subpoenaed Trump Aide Runs From Military And Elector Plots In MSNBC Interview
419,078 views Feb 10, 2022

I love you but I could not disagree with you more. Melber is a horrible questioner. It would help if he had any experience with questioning witnesses during his legal career. And he is not well informed beyond the clips his staff prepared. Example: Navarro says early on "Mike[Pence} is not a lawyer." Mike Pence IS a lawyer (graduated from Indiana University School of Law and practiced law in that State before he became a Hate Radio host). So a competent questioner would have (a) known that and (b) cut Navarro off at the knees with his whole diatribe about same. Further, Peter Navarro is NOT a lawyer yet Melber lets him go on for minutes about the "research" he did on these legal issues.

And there's a lot more in that interview where Melber doesn't follow up on inconsistencies about Navarro's aide, etc. etc. He lets Navarro blather on about "proper procedures" but never tells Navarro that the "proper procedure" to assert a privilege is to show up in response to the subpoena from the Committee and try to assert the privilege, question by question (this would require a writing from the #Shittergate guy attempting to assert the privilege).

All in all, this is a waste of airtime, allows Navarro to continue to spread the Big Lie and promote his book, and Melber is an incompetent questioner.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

much ado wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:33 pm I bet that whatever agency maintains White House communications has an electronic record of calls on government lines. And his personal cell phone provider also would have records.
I think he was using Scavino's phone during that time. They may already have those records by now.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I watched some of it, and then turned it off as I thought Ari was not well informed and Navarro just rolled over him.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
filly

Post by filly »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:59 pm I watched some of it, and then turned it off as I thought Ari was not well informed and Navarro just rolled over him.
Since I change the channel when Melber comes on I watched it only because Orlylicious recommended it and it reinforced my practice of changing the channel when Melber comes on.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

filly wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:02 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:59 pm I watched some of it, and then turned it off as I thought Ari was not well informed and Navarro just rolled over him.
Since I change the channel when Melber comes on I watched it only because Orlylicious recommended it and it reinforced my practice of changing the channel when Melber comes on.
I used to watch him, but changed to local news when he comes on. Occasionally, I flip back to Ari. I happened to do that when he had Navarro on. I didn't last long.

I've cut back on watching the news, in general. There's almost nothing I watch during the day. I really like Joy Reid, but I only watch it occasionally. I like NIcole Wallace, and usually watch that, but that's dinner-making time, so not really closely. I watch Chris Hayes and Rachel (or whoever is standing in these days), but that's about it for the evening. I also like Lawrence O'Donnell, but only catch that sometimes at 1 AM. Netfiix, or one of the others, has become my friend.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
filly

Post by filly »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:19 pm
filly wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:02 pm
I used to watch him, but changed to local news when he comes on. Occasionally, I flip back to Ari. I happened to do that when he had Navarro on. I didn't last long.

I've cut back on watching the news, in general. There's almost nothing I watch during the day. I really like Joy Reid, but I only watch it occasionally. I like NIcole Wallace, and usually watch that, but that's dinner-making time, so not really closely. I watch Chris Hayes and Rachel (or whoever is standing in these days), but that's about it for the evening. I also like Lawrence O'Donnell, but only catch that sometimes at 1 AM. Netfiix, or one of the others, has become my friend.
Yes I am pretty much the same.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: Trump statement about House Select Jan 6 Committee, includes this excerpt:

"The RINOs, who were recently given support by Mitch McConnell, are trying to give legitimacy to a totally illegitimate and Marxist exercise..."
Lani

Post by Lani »

:yeahthat:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
tek

Post by tek »

Kendra wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:58 pm
NEW: Trump statement about House Select Jan 6 Committee, includes this excerpt:

"The RINOs, who were recently given support by Mitch McConnell, are trying to give legitimacy to a totally illegitimate and Marxist exercise..."
you-scared-bro.jpg
you-scared-bro.jpg (39.62 KiB) Viewed 1722 times
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

much ado wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:33 pm I bet that whatever agency maintains White House communications has an electronic record of calls on government lines. And his personal cell phone provider also would have records.
Personal phones of aids. He was known to ask seemingly random people in the room for their non-government phone, sort of like a mob boss would.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hey, I'm really sorry about the recommendation, have my issues with Melber too and we're not watching much news. Never read Peter's stupid three volume report and only heard about the Green Bay steal from books on DL2XIT so found it interesting. Apologize to anybody who watched cause of me and was disappointed. :bighug:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:04 pm Hey, I'm really sorry about the recommendation, have my issues with Melber too and we're not watching much news. Never read Peter's stupid three volume report and only heard about the Green Bay steal from books on DL2XIT so found it interesting. Apologize to anybody who watched cause of me and was disappointed. :bighug:
Don't worry OL, they still all love you unconditionally....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:56 pm
orlylicious wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:04 pm Hey, I'm really sorry about the recommendation, have my issues with Melber too and we're not watching much news. Never read Peter's stupid three volume report and only heard about the Green Bay steal from books on DL2XIT so found it interesting. Apologize to anybody who watched cause of me and was disappointed. :bighug:
:yeahthat: I don't especially care for Melber, but I watched it. It's good to have an awareness of what's being said and what other people may be watching.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:56 pm
:yeahthat:

But we need to talk about Mama Jean's White Trash Hour.

:rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:rotflmao:
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
bob

Post by bob »

So Eastman, unsurprisingly, is claiming privilege for many of his documents.

Live tweeting about the hearing:
Image ImageImage
Luke

Post by Luke »

Judge accelerates review of Eastman emails being withheld from Jan. 6 panel
BY CAROLINE VAKIL - 02/15/22 01:25 PM EST 517

A California judge said on Monday that he would be accelerating a review of emails that conservative lawyer John Eastman, who worked with the Trump campaign to draft a plan to reject the 2020 presidential election, has tried to shield from the Jan. 6 House committee. District Judge David Carter noted in court filings that Eastman has sought to shield 568 pages of documents dated between Jan. 4, 2021, and Jan. 7, 2021, from the House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. “The Select Committee has repeatedly noted the significance of communications immediately before and after the January 6 attack on the Capitol. Given the investigation’s urgency, the Court finds it appropriate to expedite its privilege review of the January 4-7, 2021 documents,” Carter wrote.

Carter said that Eastman had until 4 p.m. on Feb. 22 to file a briefing supporting his claim that all 130 documents are privileged communications. By March 2, the House select panel would have to file its opposition. Eastman would have until March 7 to answer the committee’s objections, and oral arguments would be scheduled on the matter for March 9.

“The Court is cognizant of the time required to draft comprehensive privilege briefing for this number of documents. Given the Select Committee’s request for expedited briefing, Dr. Eastman’s daily quota for ongoing document review shall be decreased to 500 pages during his briefing dates: February 15-22, 2022, and March 3-7, 2022,” Carter wrote. The Hill has reached out to Eastman’s lawyer for comment. Eastman drafted a memo advising the Trump campaign to push back against certain electors in an effort to deny President Biden's win in the 2020 election.
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-ba ... o-withhold
► Show Spoiler
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 04.0_1.pdf
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW: House Jan 6 Committee issues new subpoenas for state political party leaders it alleges have knowledge of
“efforts to send false slates of electors to Washington and change the outcome of the 2020 election”

Including Kelli Ward of Arizona
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Biden Rejects Trump’s Claim of Privilege for White House Visitor Logs
The president informed the National Archives that it should turn over the logs sought by the Jan. 6 committee within 15 days.

Michael S. Schmidt
By Michael S. Schmidt
Feb. 16, 2022 Updated 7:58 a.m. ET

President Biden is opposing another effort by former President Donald J. Trump to withhold information from the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, ordering the National Archives to hand over White House visitor logs the committee is seeking.

In a letter to the National Archives, Mr. Biden’s White House counsel, Dana Remus, said Mr. Biden had rejected Mr. Trump’s claims that the visitor logs were subject to executive privilege and that “in light of the urgency” of the committee’s work, the agency should provide the material to the committee within 15 days.

Mr. Biden had similarly decided last year not to support Mr. Trump’s claim of executive privilege over other batches of White House documents and records sought by the committee. Mr. Trump went to federal court to block the release of those earlier batches but lost.

Citing in part the same reasoning as in the earlier case, Ms. Remus told the National Archives that the documents needed to be disclosed in a timely fashion because “Congress has a compelling need.” She said that “constitutional protections of executive privilege should not be used to shield, from Congress or the public, information that reflects a clear and apparent effort to subvert the Constitution itself.”

It is unclear whether Mr. Trump will go to court again in an attempt to block or slow the release of the visitor logs.

The White House sent the letter to David S. Ferriero, the archivist of the United States, on Tuesday, and planned to inform Mr. Trump’s lawyers on Wednesday morning. The New York Times obtained a copy of the letter.

It is not clear what the visitor logs might show or how extensive and complete they are. In the letter, Ms. Remus said the records in this case “are entries in visitor logs showing appointment information for individuals who were processed to enter the White House complex, including on Jan. 6, 2021.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/16/us/p ... -logs.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/1 ... e-00009330
The Jan. 6 select committee has issued a subpoena for the phone records of a security guard for pro-Trump broadcaster Alex Jones, a sign of the panel’s deepening interest in Jones’ contacts related to his involvement in Donald Trump’s Jan. 6 rally, which preceded the violent attack on the Capitol.

In a court filing late Tuesday, Jones revealed that Timothy Enlow, a security official employed by Jones’ firm Free Speech Systems LLC, was notified by AT&T on Feb. 9 that the select committee had subpoenaed his phone records. Enlow, who has worked for Jones since 2018, accompanied Jones in Washington on Jan. 6, when Jones marched from the Ellipse — where Trump held a rally calling for the election results not to be certified — to the Capitol. One of Jones’ other associates, Owen Shroyer, was charged for his conduct outside the Capitol.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”