COVID-19 and the States

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Re: COVID-19 and the States

Post by Maybenaut »

I live in Trump Country, VA. I went out today and saw more masks than ever before, even during the worst of it.

We also have a very high transmission rate in my county right now (although it’s not clear to me how they measure that - we only have 20K people living in the county). But I’m not complaining! Whatever the reason, I’m very happy to see masks!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Omg. I knew that ERs would be forced to close. It's still sad and actually, terrifying to see that happen.

This will cause a chain reaction. More patients will be diverted to other ERs. Those hospitals will close their ERs.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

Abbott hasn't tweeted anything about the Houston hospital system collapsing.

At Oregon Health Science University (OR's leading hospital):

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Florida numbers are horrifying. Since the state no longer reports on a daily basis, interested folks put the numbers together as best they can. This business of giving deaths according to date of death as opposed to date reported is once again an issue. Worldometer itself give the daily deaths as 10 or 20, which is highly misleading, since by all accounts the rolling 7 day average is about 200.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Florida

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Ye know nahh - that covid thingy - it's a hoax.... it's just the flu... it'll go away by April... :twisted:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

LM K wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:17 pm Omg. I knew that ERs would be forced to close. It's still sad and actually, terrifying to see that happen.

This will cause a chain reaction. More patients will be diverted to other ERs. Those hospitals will close their ERs.
I just had 6 tons of hay delivered. Delivery was to my neighbour's barn because one of my horses lives there, so we share the cost (and ownership) of the hay. My neighbour's spouse seems to feel that the two sons should be able to play on the hay, which is stacked 5 bales high, so we're talking about 20 feet above ground. I'm annoyed that I've already had to watch one of the kids urinating off the hay and not quite clearing the hay, but then I cheer myself up by realizing that if one or both of them fall off, mom or dad will be hours, if not days, waiting in the ER for a doctor to fix up the broken kid.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

For God's sake, Mark is such an idiot. Here comes a new term:
Brnovich suggested that he's not entirely comfortable with his conclusions. "The attorney general ... believes strongly that government should not mandate that citizens relinquish their bodily liberty and undergo vaccination, particularly when a vaccine is being distributed and administered only through an EUA, in return for being able to participate fully in society,'' he wrote.
Arizona AG: Businesses can require employees, customers be vaccinated
https://tucson.com/news/local/arizona-a ... 803a3.html
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

A lotta these schmucks we’re letting the EUA do the heavy lifting, it will be interesting to watch their fevered pivots since that got pulled out from underneath them.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:30 am A lotta these schmucks we’re letting the EUA do the heavy lifting, it will be interesting to watch their fevered pivots since that got pulled out from underneath them.
An older uncle and his adult son were using the EUA excuse to skip the vaxx-- yeah, now what guys?
Lani

Post by Lani »

As posted above, Gov. Ige has asked tourists to not come to Hawaii. :roll: Too little, too late.
“Is a lockdown on the table? Yes, it would be if the number of cases continues to grow exponentially as it has in the last 10 weeks ... then we will have to take action to limit and ensure that the hospitals aren’t overrun.”

He added that he doesn’t have a specific trigger for when a stay-at-home might be imposed.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/08/2 ... ions-soar/

All hospitals are at or near capacity. More parents are demanding remote learning for their kids as more children become ill.

All the mayors want incoming residents and visitors to be tested, but the governor controls that. So my mayor has ordered that county employees must quarantine when they return and be tested on day 3 (or a little later). County employees throughout the state will be tested weekly at work starting next week if they aren't vaccinated. Personally, I think there should also be random testing of vaxed people, too.

Supposedly, crowds on the beaches will be broken up beginning on Wednesday.
crowded-waikiki-beach-tourists-tourism.jpg
crowded-waikiki-beach-tourists-tourism.jpg (169.86 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
If you think that's crowded, you should see the crowds waiting outside of Waikiki bars and restaurants.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

I don't think anything about Tennessee has been posted here yet, but apparently the situation is very bad there as well.

All ICU beds full at most hospitals in every major Tennessee metro area, says hospital association
As the coronavirus continues to sweep Tennessee, all intensive care unit beds are currently full at most hospitals in every major metropolitan area in the state, according to the Tennessee Hospital Association.

Metro-area hospitals, in addition to treating the most patients, normally accept transfers of the sickest patients from other hospitals. But when their ICUs are full, it creates a ripple that “affects the health care system statewide,” said Dr. Wendy Long, president of the hospital association.
:snippity:
Tennessee has seen a tremendous increase in coronavirus hospitalizations since the pandemic returned in force. Since July 1, the number of Tennesseans hospitalized by the virus has jumped from about 200 to nearly 2,500. That count includes 61 children, the highest total of pediatric patients reported at any time in the pandemic.
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/h ... 193199002/

Hospitals, health care systems pen letter to unvaccinated Tennesseans; 'beg' them to get vaccinated
The heads of 10 Middle Tennessee hospitals and health care systems have written a letter to unvaccinated Tennesseans as cases and hospitalizations continue to surge amid the Delta variant spread.

The letter, which was released on Friday, says the health care systems are “banding together in one unified voice to ask you, to beg you, to get vaccinated against COVID-19.”
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/hospi ... vaccinated
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

now that's a strange composition, attaching Pakistan info to a US info :confuzzled:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jim

Post by Jim »

Greg Sargent
@ThePlumLineGS
Wow.

"More than half of Florida’s students are now enrolled in public school districts with mask mandates despite threats of sanctions from Ron DeSantis"

https://wapo.st/3sIVTLI

A striking rebellion against DeSantis' deranged contempt for the public good. Lean into this Dems:

raison de arizona

On the one hand, this hospital is complete bullshit. On the other hand, they are probably surrounded by yokels with firearms just itchin' for a fight that they will undoubtedly take out on the local health care workers, so... :pickle:

So maybe a safety issue? Sad.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Apparently the reason Publix didn't enforce their mask mandate was because their employees were threatened with bodily harm, so sounds plausible.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
LM K

Post by LM K »

My county has 2 ICU beds left. My town's (Eugene/Springfield) hospital is the major hospital for all of southern OR. Almost half of Eugene/Springfield ICU patients are from the Eugene/Springfield area. 88% of ICU patients are unvaxed.

I won't be surprised if Eugene/Springfield opens a field hospital soon. Our region (region 3), which includes other counties, already has at least one field hospital. It's in Rosenberg, OR, about 90 miles south of Eugene/Springfield.

Eugene is the 3rd largest city in OR.

OR is counting hospital bed availability based on actual beds. Not all empty bed can be staffed, so the number of available beds is lower than the reported number of beds.

https://kval.com/news/local/some-parts- ... ases-surge
raison de arizona

Banner Health, which is a big hospital chain here in AZ, issued a code purple which means no beds available. People are arguing on twitter because code purple doesn't differentiate between all beds being full, and all beds able to be staffed being full. Whatever, either way, no beds at the inn. Get sick somewhere else.

In Hawaii news...
LM K

Post by LM K »

It terrifies me that I could die from a car accident because of a lack of available medical staff. I know the medical staff would be heartbroken.

We need to begin rationing care for the unvaxed immediately. The only exceptions: children under 18, those medically exempt, and those whom are awaiting their 2nd jab.

Children between 12-18 can't help it if their parents won't allow them to be vaxed.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”