Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I'm using Firefox on my Mac and have been getting logged out all the time. I do tabbed browsing, so the tab is always open, but every time I return to the tab and select "unread posts," I get logged out. I get logged out sometimes when I "submit" a reply.

It's random but happens a LOT. My password manager fills in the login box with just a couple of clicks but it's super frequent.

It's been going on for a least a week.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Suggestion for those having problems - try a different browser for awhile to see if the browser is the problem. Make sure your bookmark goes to a https url.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:54 pm Suggestion for those having problems - try a different browser for awhile to see if the browser is the problem. Make sure your bookmark goes to a https url.
It seems to be better today. :shrug:
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I think that we've seen browser extensions cause issues before, so that could be a source of the problem. It may not even be a new extension; it could just be an update to an extension. That's why trying another browser is a troubleshooting technique.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:30 am The log out problem is becoming more serious.

Could explain the declining post/replies #s (yes I think some people are giving up when it goes haywire)
The only login issue I have is sometimes my laptop wants me to login when I first go to that, likely after I have used it on my phone. Even though it says remember, it does not always and it does no interrupt anything I was typing and is always fine after that.

As for declining posts/replies. I am one of those and it has nothing to do with the login. Much like in 2016, after Bundy won and somebody else won, I backed off on various topics to keep myself from getting too angry, stressing, and just plain obsessing over current affairs. About the time of the debate, I started doing the same here and was confining myself to non-current election/non-Turnip trial topics. I was also out of town helping to clean storage rooms for my parents, and extra practicing on new music to play with a double bass player (and making up for lost practice time during my time out of town).

So, my reduced output was intentional, but it was for self-preservation.
101010 :towel:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Logout problem seems to have vanished for me. I changed nothing.

IT'S A MIRACLE !!!

We will see it holds.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:11 pm Logout problem seems to have vanished for me. I changed nothing.

IT'S A MIRACLE !!!

We will see it holds.
I swear, when I was doing PC support in I.T., half the time the problem would be solved when I went to the user's desk and just stood there.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

The children always seem to behave better when a parent walks into the room. I'd wave my stone knives and bear claws, burn some smudge, and perform a ceremonial dance around the equipment as I chanted incantations. Worked every time.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Nevermind. Problem is back in full force.

:faint:
northland10

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:39 am Nevermind. Problem is back in full force.

:faint:
Because you said it was working. Duh.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:24 pm
neonzx wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:11 pm Logout problem seems to have vanished for me. I changed nothing.

IT'S A MIRACLE !!!

We will see it holds.
I swear, when I was doing PC support in I.T., half the time the problem would be solved when I went to the user's desk and just stood there.
I find sending an email to the larger team informing them that some system is no worky usually resolves the issue quickly.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Y'all are proving my point. Some people are having an issue, others are not. That means I can't fix it here, so I will have to come over to your house for a few days. I charge $450/hour with 10 hours prepaid, and of course travel and hotel, food, and like that. Such a deal! Act now while supplies last! If you ask anyone about this deal, they will swear to you that I am completely crazy! :crazy: :liar:

... like a coconut cat lady. :mrgreen:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

My two cents: I've had no problems for a long time using Chrome on my windows 11 laptop. Edge would always log me out so I switched. The only time I get logged out on Chrome is when I clear my cookies and/or cache, which I only do if I have an issue on some other webpage(s). And I rarely get logged out on my iPad with Safari.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

poplove wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:32 pm My two cents: I've had no problems for a long time using Chrome on my windows 11 laptop. Edge would always log me out so I switched. The only time I get logged out on Chrome is when I clear my cookies and/or cache, which I only do if I have an issue on some other webpage(s). And I rarely get logged out on my iPad with Safari.
Tip: go to the "bad" website, click on the icon directly in front of the url, choose cookies and site data, click the deletion bin, and you only remove that sites stuff. Also good when a website limits number of accesses etc
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:58 pm
poplove wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:32 pm My two cents: I've had no problems for a long time using Chrome on my windows 11 laptop. Edge would always log me out so I switched. The only time I get logged out on Chrome is when I clear my cookies and/or cache, which I only do if I have an issue on some other webpage(s). And I rarely get logged out on my iPad with Safari.
Tip: go to the "bad" website, click on the icon directly in front of the url, choose cookies and site data, click the deletion bin, and you only remove that sites stuff. Also good when a website limits number of accesses etc
Thanks! :bighug:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Well now. So on Android I use Chrome. It seems Chrome doesn't like TFB. I switched to Brave browser for tfb which I already use for most things (cause it is excellent at blocking ads and has a small memory foot print).

TFB works fine now.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Yet, I'm on Android & Chrome and have no problems.
Image Image Image Image
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:53 pm Yet, I'm on Android & Chrome and have no problems.
Me too
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
northland10

Post by northland10 »

keith wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:59 pm
Estiveo wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:53 pm Yet, I'm on Android & Chrome and have no problems.
Me too
Me thwee.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I have an actual problem. Alexa didn't wake me up at 5:30 a.m. today, so I didn't get up and do forum maintenance. :blackeye:

Mañana. I don't know what happened. :confuzzled:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Too adventurous on the West Coast? Jet lag? :think:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

No, that's the thing. I'm quite sure I didn't wake up enough to tell Alexa to stop the alarm. I'd remember that. Something went wrong with Alexa, but I don't know what. Testing now. And doing therapy exercises.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:41 pm I'm using Firefox on my Mac and have been getting logged out all the time. I do tabbed browsing, so the tab is always open, but every time I return to the tab and select "unread posts," I get logged out. I get logged out sometimes when I "submit" a reply.

It's random but happens a LOT. My password manager fills in the login box with just a couple of clicks but it's super frequent.

It's been going on for a least a week.
This used to happen to me all the time on chrome at work. For some reason it no longer happens
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

It's been working fine the last couple of days for me (Firefox). Idk. I guess I have off days myself, too. LOL

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”