trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Gregg

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist)

Post by Gregg »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:04 am
bill_g wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:41 am Who knew Don was an A&P guy? Doesn't look the part.
That [expiative deleted] stick is to stupid to ever be able to do what I have done...
No, no, no, this A&P. He worked in the Deli.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:52 pm So unfair! The whole system is rigged against white male billionaires! :lol:
Well, if it is, then he is safe.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:53 pm I just got a phone call from an unknown number in West Palm Beach, FL. I was getting ready to hit “decline” since I don’t know anyone there, and my husband was like, “Answer it! Maybe Donald Trump wants to offer you a job on his legal team!”

:rotflmao:
Might have been, he has feelers out to Biscuit.

Volkonski wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:10 pm Yep, that's what I need to know about a possible president, how they would prefer to die. :roll:
For what it's worth, Root Beer is all in for Sharks.

She has always loved Shark Week.

keith wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:23 pm Findlaw: Rioting and Inciting to Riot
Protected Speech Versus Incitement
Citizens have a right to free speech pursuant to the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. The extent of that right has been continually tested and strongly protected at all levels of government. But that right is not unlimited.

The Supreme Court found, in the case of Brandenburg v. Ohio (1969), that speech is not constitutionally protected if it is intended to produce imminent violent conduct and is likely to do so. However, the limits of free speech are still being defined in the courts. A recent Ninth Circuit decision found that statutory language in the federal riot statute that criminalizes "promoting" or "encouraging" a riot was overly broad.
I'm not sure what I'm trying to say here, but how insane does Trump's incendiary speech have to be before the disincentives against it are not "overly broad".
Trump is out on bail from 4 different jurisdictions, so this Judge can't but any of the other 4 Judges can "remand until trial" him, and would have by now if we didn't have a 2 teir Justice System. Sadly they can't do much about what he says about this case, but I'm sure we're all gonna get a chance to see what they do in theor own.

(My bet is DC locks him up overnight and SF buys him flowers)

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:52 pm So unfair! The whole system is rigged against white male billionaires! :lol:
► Show Spoiler
For the record:
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 9.57.54 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 9.57.54 PM.png (57.3 KiB) Viewed 1798 times
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 9.56.23 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 9.56.23 PM.png (100.14 KiB) Viewed 1798 times
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:48 pm Oh Jesus. Blasphemy.
► Show Spoiler
So the orginal bass player from Bread went to Court with him today? :confuzzled:

It amazes me how many people I know who go to church twice on Sunday, Bible Study on Tuesday night, services on Wednesday night and still don't know diddly abouot the Bible.

Jesus was a Palestinian rebel, yall. He looked a lot more like Prince than he did all those Prince of Peace Portraits.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bill_g wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:51 pm That's fine. We have this one to pass around. Quite flattering.

Remember the scene in Empire Strikes Back when you see Darth Vader's helmet come down from behind?

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

► Show Spoiler

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

He sure whines a lot for somebody who is amazingly afraid of being called weak. Whiny little narcissists are not tough or strong, and they are not winners. We had a general once who was in this category. Lincoln fired his as and put in somebody who was more concerned about winning the war than showing off.
101010 :towel:
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

bill_g wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:51 pm That's fine. We have this one to pass around. Quite flattering.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Let's forget Trump for a moment. The coffee ads date that photo. They refer to radio programs. Kate Smith's Coffee Time (1935–36) sponsored by A&P and/or The Kate Smith A&P Bandwagon (1936–37). :biggrin:

OK, remember Trump now. :(
Gregg wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:34 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:04 am
bill_g wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:41 am Who knew Don was an A&P guy? Doesn't look the part.
That [expiative deleted] stick is to stupid to ever be able to do what I have done...
No, no, no, this A&P. He worked in the Deli.

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I didn't know they were still dropping Quiznos ads.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/04/business ... index.html

As Donald Trump scrambles to defend his business empire in court, the former president has suffered another blow: dropping off The Forbes 400 list of the richest Americans.

Trump’s net worth tumbled by 19%, or $600 million, to an estimated $2.6 billion total. That left him $300 million shy of the Forbes cutoff when the magazine unveiled the list Tuesday.

That means that for the second time in three years, Trump did not make the cut for the annual rankings that he’s long seemed obsessed with and has even been accused of conning his way onto in the past.

Unlike the steady or growing fortunes of Forbes 400 leaders Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos and Larry Ellison, Trump’s net worth took a double-digit hit. This comes as he faces mounting legal bills to fight civil and criminal charges, including an ongoing civil fraud trial in New York and multiple trials scheduled for next year.

The drop in Trump’s net worth was driven by two central factors: Both his social media platform and office buildings have lost value, according to Forbes.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Speaker of the House? I've seen more than one congress critter throw their support behind him at this point.
CALL TO ACTIVISM @CalltoActivism wrote: BREAKING: Donald Trump confirms that he’s been in talks with Republicans about being appointed Speaker of the House.

First, Trump CAN’T be Speaker pursuant to House Republicans’ own rule 26 - which bans anyone indicted with a felony that has more than a two year punishment.

Second, this would be the BEST POSSIBLE scenario for Democrats. The shit show would almost ensure Democrats win every branch of government in 2024.

Do it!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Honestly, Trump would probably confirm, if asked, that people have reached out to him to be the next Batman. If only to pretend that he is important and in demand.

After all, He doesn't say that he's been in talks at all. He just says that 'a lot of people have asked me about it' which is typically his shorthand for 'I was daydreaming on the Toilet'

However, I'm sure MTG has suggested it because she is a dumbass. Other people? Who knows. But Slump would confirm it regardless.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I support Prisoner #P01135809 for Speaker.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Is it time to update the thread title to include:

Fraudster
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:56 pm Is it time to update the thread title to include:

Fraudster
C'mon mate, if all Trump's misdeeds were listed in the title there'd be no space left on the page for posts.

Oh, ok, let's add fraudster, please!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Breaking the gag order
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Frank G. Runyeon
@frankrunyeon
NOW: Trump lashes out at Justice Engoron and AG James as “corrupt” saying they have “no case.”
In other words, "the state's case is falling apart." Where did I hear that before and how did that turn out? Oh, yeah, in the case of Terry Trussell, who was convicted on all charges after mere moments of jury deliberations and who expired while incarcerated. One can only hope that foreshadowing might lead to history repeating itself.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

He sounds like someone so far in debt that if the false facade of wealth cracks it will all come crashing down.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:31 pm Speaker of the House? I've seen more than one congress critter throw their support behind him at this point.
:snippity:
Gaetz put him forth during the last clown show...Zee Orange Furher got exactly one vote...from Gaetz 3 times, the other 2 ballots of the day got 0...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:33 pm Breaking the gag order
Not.

The gag order applies ONLY to Judge Engoron's STAFF. Judge Engoron is not on his own staff, and Letitia James is the Attorney General of the State of New York; she is also not on his staff. If the quadfectee had attacked the lady he claimed was "Schumer's girlfriend" again, he'd be in violation of the gag order.

In actual fact, this contributed to him getting less coverage today. He showed that he wasn't courageous enough to violate the gag order -- or he would have done it last evening -- so the press spent more time on the turmoil in the House today. Then he left Noo Yawk in a snit, I mean, in an airplane.

I'm sure the Noo Yawkers want him to stay away for a while this time. :towel:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:19 pm :snippity:

I'm sure the Noo Yawkers want him to stay away for a while this time. :towel:
In Rikers maybe....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:48 pm Oh Jesus. Blasphemy.
► Show Spoiler
Because of course it gets worse.
Trump’s Jesus Court Sketch Is Somehow Way Worse Than It Looks

While Donald Trump is responsible for unhinged, incoherent content on Truth Social every single day, an image he posted on Monday evening stood out for being especially offensive and delusional. Tucked between video clips of Trump’s remarks hours earlier outside a Manhattan courtroom, where he is being tried for fraud in a civil lawsuit brought by New York attorney general Letitia James, was a screenshot of a tweet from user Dom Lucre showing a fake courtroom sketch of Jesus by Trump’s side.

The image is ridiculous, blasphemous, and confusing. Is Jesus supposed to be Trump’s co-defendant or his attorney? Does the caption “nobody could have made it this far alone” mean Trump being hauled before the court for his decades of alleged business fraud is part of some divine plan? And who is this “Dom Lucre” anyway?

Well, you’re going to be sorry you asked!

The X (formerly Twitter) account where the post originated belongs to Dominick McGee, a right-wing influencer and QAnon conspiracy theorist who made headlines in July when his account was quickly reinstated after he posted child sex-abuse imagery. The notorious image was made by Peter Gerard Scully, an Australian who was sentenced to life in prison plus 129 years last year for rape, human trafficking, and the sexual abuse of children as young as 18 months. After some of McGee’s more than half a million followers complained that he was banned over his politics, X owner Elon Musk stepped in to reinstate him. As the Washington Post reported, Musk claimed that only X’s content moderators had seen the material, though that doesn’t appear to be the case:
:snippity:
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/10 ... looks.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”