Dinar Valuation and Global Currency Reset Scam Thread

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Re: Dinar Valuation and Global Currency Reset Scam Thread

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Mon May 21, 2018 12:46 am

Recently, whack job New Age/conspiracy theory site NESARA News republished an article from mid-2017 about "signing an NDA" in connection with purchase of Zimbabwe dollars. I'm guessing that they're mistaking the release of liability that some currency vendors apparently require(d) when selling Zimbabwe Dollars, wherein the buyer would state that they had been apprised that Zim$ were almost certainly worthless and were unlikely to appreciate in value. So I'm guessing this is typical poot legal thinking applied to a trival document. Portions reproduced below for a chuckle. Link here: http://nesaranews.blogspot.com/2018/05/ ... rency.html
The Real Agenda Concerning Our Currency Exchanges

[Rothschild and Queen of England paranoia deleted]
Since we were all designed by Our Father God in His spirit image and given a body and a soul, He also gave us all a brain to think with and we are expected to use it wisely.

The Rothschild Family didn't spend trillions of dollars out of the goodness of their hearts to construct thousands of redemption centers fully staffed for us to exchange our currency if they didn't believe they could confiscate the vast amounts of wealth from us. This is only my opinion.

The Zim Gold Backed Bonds are the quintessential keys in all of this. We have been hearing from people like Kent Dunn who says that the Zim rates are astronomically high and at face value. If we sign an NDA, we could call the shots at the available rate set at close to $125,000.00 per note. Since the funds will be in digital format, this to me isn't hard to fathom.

I understand the reasoning in accepting such a rate is that we know we will never see another opportunity to receive this vast amount of wealth ever again in our lifetime. I get it.

The point here is that I feel we are being setup by the cabal in being told about the enormously high rates so that when we have agreed to the NDA requirements, the banks will eventually confiscate them!

My advice to all is DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES SIGN AN NDA because, if you do, you could lose it all over a short time. Once one signs the initial NDA binding document, guaranteed there will be subsequent mandated second and third part documents which bank regulators will force one to sign since the signing of the original document is legally binding. These people mean business!

Use your brains and don't be greedy as you will have enough $$$ if you accept the street rates for your currencies. And, if at all possible, transfer your $$$ from your bank to insurance policies where your money will be safe out of the hands of the cabal.

God bless and trust God, if you belong to Christ. Then He will protect you and your funds as you begin to help those who desperately need financial help.
That closing paragraph is just precious. Jesus apparently has not done too well protecting people from scam artists using his name. I'm thinking of Jim Bakker and Kent Hovind's "Ark Encounter" among countless others.

But the most amusing thing in this is the idea that what's presumably a $1,000 Zimbabwe Gold Backed Bond (which almost certainly doesn't actually exist) is worth $125,000. If you have studied bond finance, there's an inverse relationship between bond prices and the interest rate on the bond. Bond prices change driven by the difference between the "nominal yield," the interest rate printed on the bond (i.e., 5.0%) and the "current yield," which is the market interest rate for bonds of a similar risk level. The point is that all bonds of a given risk level should pay the same current yield. Prices will converge until this is approximately the case. So if the current interest rate is 3.0% and you have a bond with a nominal yield of 5%, then the price of that bond will increase to be 1.4x the $1,000 face value of the bond. The exact math is way more complicated than this, and I'm a stock guy and not a bond guy so my ability to nail this stuff precisely is limited.

That's why, by the way, when interest rates rise it's a bad thing because prices of bonds with low interest rates can decline dramatically. If you own $100 million of bonds with a 2% coupon (nominal yield) and the interest rate goes to 10%, then those bonds are only going to be worth $20 million, which is a devastating loss to a bond investor if they need to sell their bonds before maturity and they get the $1,000 loaned to the issuer repaid. (If you hang onto the bond until maturity, you get the $1,000 face value of the bond back even if the market price is much lower.)

So the only way that a Zim Gold Backed Bond can be worth $125,000 when the current yield of 10-year Treasury bonds is 3.0% is if the nominal interest rate on the Zim bonds is something like 450%. And no serious issuer in the world is going to issue 450% bonds, with the possible exception of one in a hyper-inflationary environment. But of course with runaway inflation of tens of millions of percentage points per year (as happened in 2008), no investor is going to buy a bond paying "only" 450%.

The Zimbabwe government did issue "bond notes" denominated in US Dollars which were essentially printing money to buy gold to try to build FX reserves to use to support a new currency. But these are basically fiat money, something the poots usually object to. Not the same thing as a bond actually backed by gold reserves. But not surprising that suckers who have bought into a new story every week about how something has pushed the revaluation back another week have bought into this.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon May 21, 2018 1:27 am

Even for the valuation crowd that is a whole lot of cray cray. None of that makes any sense at all. I'm sure for the crowd who can't figure out the mysteries of a checking account this all sounds reasonable. The rest of the functioning world, not so much. $1000 bonds worth $125,000 , seriously ??

Zimbabwe was talking about issuing some new currency/notes backed by dollars but I hadn't heard one way or another. The one thing they AREN'T doing is gold backed anything with the state their economy is in. The local currency is currently the dollar, and likely to so remain for the foreseeable future.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 am

There is no accounting for what people consider to be "collectors' items." People may indeed be buying for the curiosity value. However, i suspect most buyers are hoping for a revaluation. I am concerned about the sale of these currencies.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon May 21, 2018 11:07 am

There is a considerable difference between buying something as a collector's or curiosity item and paying it is worth, and being sold something as an "investment" based on fantasy for utterly ridiculous prices, which is what the dina1/Zim dealers are doing
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Mon May 21, 2018 11:42 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:07 am
There is a considerable difference between buying something as a collector's or curiosity item and paying it is worth, and being sold something as an "investment" based on fantasy for utterly ridiculous prices, which is what the dina1/Zim dealers are doing
Places that sell “collector“ items also dangle the possibility that your “investments” in their merchandise will grow in value.

Look for Bradford Exchange merchandise auctions on eBay. There are virtually no bids.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon May 21, 2018 1:03 pm

TollandRCR wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 am
There is no accounting for what people consider to be "collectors' items." People may indeed be buying for the curiosity value. However, i suspect most buyers are hoping for a revaluation. I am concerned about the sale of these currencies.
So, is there still a market in Confederate dollars? Has anyone tried trolling the alt-right with a Confederate dollar revaluation scam?
I've heard this bull before.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Mon May 21, 2018 1:22 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 1:03 pm
TollandRCR wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:27 am
So, is there still a market in Confederate dollars? Has anyone tried trolling the alt-right with a Confederate dollar revaluation scam?
You mean you haven't got them in your portfolio? Wait a minute....I'll have to get back to you - I seem to be short of some ink colors in my printer. I'll be right back.
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon May 21, 2018 2:37 pm

https://www.apmex.com/category/64000/co ... e-currency

They are going for around 100 dollars a pop.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon May 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Suranis wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:37 pm
https://www.apmex.com/category/64000/co ... e-currency

They are going for around 100 dollars a pop.
Holy Hannah, I had no idea. Half a century ago, when I was a kid we played with them and used them as joke money. If I'd only known they'd actually be worth something some day, I wouldn't have been so cavalier with my Confed bux.
I've heard this bull before.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue May 22, 2018 2:23 am

considerable difference between someone saying your Minnie Pearl collector's moustache cup may increase in value and someone claiming a Zim is going to RV at 50 times face value.
Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:42 am
Notorial Dissent wrote:
Places that sell “collector“ items also dangle the possibility that your “investments” in their merchandise will grow in value.

Look for Bradford Exchange merchandise auctions on eBay. There are virtually no bids.
Considerable difference between someone suggesting your Minnie Pearl moustache cup may appreciate and some currency dealer claiming that a ZIM note is going to RV/appreciate many times its face value.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Tue May 22, 2018 9:26 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:23 am
considerable difference between someone saying your Minnie Pearl collector's moustache cup may increase in value and someone claiming a Zim is going to RV at 50 times face value.
Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:42 am
Notorial Dissent wrote:

Considerable difference between someone suggesting your Minnie Pearl moustache cup may appreciate and some currency dealer claiming that a ZIM note is going to RV/appreciate many times its face value.
It is still a scam. My wife recently helped her sister clean out their deceased relative's house. They found over 100 Bradford plates, many still in boxes with receipts. There would be no reason to keep them in boxes except to maximize value.

I do not know the original retail prices, but you cannot get $5 for them now.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Tue May 22, 2018 9:31 am

Rule of thumb: If something is advertised as a "collectible." it isn't.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue May 22, 2018 1:26 pm

I ran across this really good video on the beanie baby craze of the late 1990s. It has all the trappings of what you are talking about.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Tue May 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Suranis wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:26 pm
I ran across this really good video on the beanie baby craze of the late 1990s. It has all the trappings of what you are talking about.
My then-10 year old son spent every nickel he had on Beanie Babies and eagerly read the price guides every month in the magazine, absolutely sure he was gonna be a millionaire. I didn't have the heart to tell him that buying at retail and selling at wholesale was not a good strategy for the long run. The entire 200+ piece collection went to the Salvation Army when we moved a couple years ago. I had to take them myself as he was too embarrassed to do it.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Tue May 22, 2018 2:09 pm

I'm still bitter about my childhood baseball card collection. So much money spent on sheets, protectors, and other paraphernalia to protect their non-existent value. I could have supported a moderate drug habit with the money I spent. And I still can't bring myself to toss the damnded things.
This bramble need not be traversed.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Tue May 22, 2018 3:01 pm

TheNewSaint wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 2:09 pm
I'm still bitter about my childhood baseball card collection. So much money spent on sheets, protectors, and other paraphernalia to protect their non-existent value. I could have supported a moderate drug habit with the money I spent. And I still can't bring myself to toss the damnded things.
I collected those too. I'm amazed you still have them. If you have the rookie cards of star players, they may well be worth a lot of money. Have you looked into this? Or does basically no one collect baseball cards anymore? I really don't know myself.

At one time I had a 1956 Topps Mickey Mantle. I bought it for a dollar or two when I was around 11, from some kid who had inherited his dad's collection and had no clue of the treasures it held. I knew at the time it was worth a whole lot more than a dollar or two. Then I stupidly sold off my entire collection for about $120 in my late teens, having long lost interest in it. When I was in grad school several years later, living on practically nothing, I learned that the Mantle card alone was now worth about $1,500. :evil:
Am I being detained?

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 pm

:hijacked:

My fault. Sorry.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Tue May 22, 2018 6:41 pm

NotaPerson wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:01 pm
If you have the rookie cards of star players, they may well be worth a lot of money. Have you looked into this? Or does basically no one collect baseball cards anymore? I really don't know myself.
Off Topic
I wouldn't say nobody collects them anymore, but supply very much outstrips demand. My collection only goes back to my 1970s childhood. Nothing that recent is worth more than a few dollars, unless it's very rare, or is in ludicrously perfect condition.
This bramble need not be traversed.

BruceHollandRogers

Post by BruceHollandRogers » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:33 pm
:hijacked:

My fault. Sorry.
As hijackings go, this one hasn't taken the topic all that far from its original course. In fact, the dynamics of the collectible market interest me as they apply to the question of what will happen to the future price of Zimbabwe notes.

As I've noted before, these notes ARE of interest to collectors, though I doubt there are many collectors (who just want one or two examples of each denomination) willing to pay the current price of $60 to $200 for a single note. And these notes were available in large quantities, in uncirculated condition, when the currency stopped having any actual purchasing power, so most collectors had a shot at buying the note when it was cheap.

The notes are also of value as a novelty or gag gift. I'm sure a lot of them changed hands inside of birthday cards, and then they were often included in the traditional red envelopes for gifts of cash in various Asian countries. In that latter use, they weren't a gag so much as a wish for great wealth, and they were accompanied by actual, usable cash. For that use, they were like an extremely elaborate greeting card.

In the collector's market, there will always be brand new collectors who will have to pay whatever the going rate is to complete a collection, even if the price is distorted. If you want a Z$100-trillion note, you either hunt really had to find the rare seller who will let one go for just $50 or $60, or you pay the $110 that a seller like APMEX is asking.

In the novelty market, few people would pay more than $10 for a gag gift, or perhaps $20 for the "elaborate greeting card" use.

One day, the price will drop to reflect just how common these scraps of colored paper are, but that will only happen when there are no longer a great many people jealously hoarding them. I suspect that there will be many true believers who hold on. I bet that there were plenty of Confederate dead-enders who hoarded that paper. It was later generations that treated Confederate dollars like play money. And then, because so much of the stuff was lost or left out in the rain, or tossed with the contents of a junk drawer, Confederate dollars turned the corner from being entirely worthless to being rare enough that collectors who wanted them had to bid against each other.

I think there's a chance that enough Zim dollars will flood the market in estate sales to go through the play money phase, and in a few generations, they may have been lost or left out in the rain. They might be worth $80 again (in today's dollars) 100 years hence.

Or we could see all banknote collections suffer the fate of stamp collections. Interest in collecting stamps seems to have been tied to a few generations, and there are very, very few young collectors, meaning that collections acquired at great expense go to auction without buyers at any price.

The price of anything without an intrinsic value will always be a matter of mass psychology and the mistake belief that people in the future will have values similar to people in the present.

jonbeck

Post by jonbeck » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:42 pm

They arrested an arsonist in the Holy fire in Orange County. What is the link to dinar reset you ask?

The news camera caught the arsonists (prior to his arrest) complaining to a busy firefighter that they stole his money, and he proceeds to wave some foreign currency around and announces that he had several trillion dollars in dinar.

http://www.10news.com/news/video-shows- ... refighters

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:02 pm

Clark is being held on $1 million bail. His arraignment is scheduled for August 9. A volunteer fire chief told the Orange County Register that Clark sent him threatening emails last week, including one where Clark said “this place will burn down."
Maybe he can post bail in Dinar?

Besides that I'm calling bullshit, he says he has or had "hundred trillion dinar" is about $100 million? Hell even if I'm off by a few decimals, its way more than I'd believe anyone aside from the dealers would have.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:57 pm

If he really is a Dinar nut, on top of being an arsonist, and a crazy person, then being a number challenged liar would not be outside of his wheelhouse.

Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:44 am

It seems most probable that he is talking about Zimbabwe dollars. The hundred trillion Zim note has a modest appeal to collectors as the ultimate inflation note and the bills he is waving could be 100 T Zim notes. These are popular with RV (revaluation) fans in a similar way to Iraqi dinars and it would not be unexpected of a dinar RV fan to conflate all useless currency notes as dinar as mental shorthand. He does say'dollars' specifically.
This ebay item is well over collector value, I'd pay maybe $20 for one for my banknote collection.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zimbabwe-100 ... 2209543379

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:18 am

One totally monumentally worthless piece of paper and one almost worthless one. The Dinaridjits love them. They had better, they are going to have than for a very very long time, and whatever they spent on them they can kiss buh bye.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:27 pm

You will note that he has them in little plastic collector envelopes that I just know cost more than the notes themselves are worth.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”