Russia Invades Ukraine

p0rtia

Re: Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by p0rtia »

I like this one to. Adaptable to just about anything you want to say. And shorter than Haiku
Keep Calm F U Russia.jpg
Keep Calm F U Russia.jpg (4.56 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
"Sweet Dreams
And Fuck you, Russia"

"Happy Easter
And Fuck you, Russia"

"Looks like rain,
And Fuck you, Russia"

Oddly soothing.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/04/16/l ... n-kharkiv/
KHARKIV, Ukraine — Russia’s bombardment of cities around Ukraine on Saturday included an explosion in Kharkiv that destroyed a community kitchen.

Associated Press journalists at the scene saw the immediate aftermath of the apparent missile attack. Kharkiv Mayor Ihor Terekhov said three people were killed and 34 wounded by missile strikes Saturday in that city alone.

The kitchen was set up by World Central Kitchen, which is run by celebrity chef José Andrés to establish feeding systems in disaster and war zones. Andrés tweeted that the non-governmental organization’s staff members were shaken but safe.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think Putin has figured out he's not taking Ukraine as a country so the new plan is kill everyone and level the cities. Then he'll send in his new occupying forces. They may be living in tents among the rubble, but he'll have his Ukraine.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think Putin is just doing what he did everywhere else, becasue it worked there.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:28 pm I like this one to. Adaptable to just about anything you want to say. And shorter than Haiku

Keep Calm F U Russia.jpg

"Sweet Dreams
And Fuck you, Russia"

"Happy Easter
And Fuck you, Russia"

"Looks like rain,
And Fuck you, Russia"

Oddly soothing.
I've needed one of those for Susan Collins for 5 years
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

For Gregg with love:

Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20220417_164205.jpg
Image Image Image Image
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

But Russia said it was high seas and winds…

I can see it in that picture. :blackeye:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kuznetsov was supposed to go into dry dock, if they are sailing it instead then :shock:
Admiral Kuznetsov to Enter Drydock Next Month
March 22, 2022

Russia’s aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov will enter a dock for repairs and upgrade in April, two sources in the defense-industrial complex told TASS on Tuesday.

“According to the current plan the aircraft carrier will enter a dock for repairs at the 35th plant in April. The repairs will last till September,” one source said.

The other source confirmed this, adding that the aircraft carrier would be set afloat again in September.

TASS has no official information on this score from the United Shipbuilding Corporation.

The 35th plant is a branch of the shipbuilding repair center Zvyozdochka (an affiliate of the United Shipbuilding Corporation).
https://seawaves.com/?p=20260
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:01 pm Kuznetsov was supposed to go into dry dock, if they are sailing it instead then :shock:
Admiral Kuznetsov to Enter Drydock Next Month
March 22, 2022

Russia’s aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov will enter a dock for repairs and upgrade in April, two sources in the defense-industrial complex told TASS on Tuesday.

“According to the current plan the aircraft carrier will enter a dock for repairs at the 35th plant in April. The repairs will last till September,” one source said.

The other source confirmed this, adding that the aircraft carrier would be set afloat again in September.

TASS has no official information on this score from the United Shipbuilding Corporation.

The 35th plant is a branch of the shipbuilding repair center Zvyozdochka (an affiliate of the United Shipbuilding Corporation).
https://seawaves.com/?p=20260
It may be "supposed to go into dry dock" but I don't think it's exactly sailing the seven seas projecting Russian military might. I have read a number of things that suggest it hasn't been conducting any sort of operations for about four years. It was in dry dock, but apparently a crane accident caused the floating dry dock to sink, and it's been pier side since. So it may merely be that they've finished building a new dry dock to host the decrepit rust bucket.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Last I heard of it going anywhere it went down to Syria
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The Admiral Kuznetsov has been out of service since 2017. In 2018 the dry dock the AK was in sank during which event a collapsing 70 foot crane damaged the flight deck. In 2019 during further repairs a fire broke out on board.

The latest info in the AK Wikipedia article is that the ship won't return to service until mid 2023.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

One wonders if the current sanctions will delay the retrofit. Surely Russia does not manufacture everything needed especially electronics.
Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

To interrupt with a technical question: The Voice of Russia - which was sort of the successor to Radio Moscow - was on the internet but apparently not anymore. Is there an English-language propaganda website from Russia? Ditto an English-language news website from Ukraine (altho I expect it may have been targeted in the war)?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Fortinbras wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:06 pm To interrupt with a technical question: The Voice of Russia - which was sort of the successor to Radio Moscow - was on the internet but apparently not anymore. Is there an English-language propaganda website from Russia? Ditto an English-language news website from Ukraine (altho I expect it may have been targeted in the war)?
I dunno about Ukraine, but Russia has Russia Today https://rt.com
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Also Sputnik.
Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

Thanks.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

The Russian carrier burns an oil tar sludge for fuel and it's boilers rarely produce enough forward power to allow flight operations from it's deck.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Scrap or scuttle it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:09 pm
Fortinbras wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:06 pm To interrupt with a technical question: The Voice of Russia - which was sort of the successor to Radio Moscow - was on the internet but apparently not anymore. Is there an English-language propaganda website from Russia? Ditto an English-language news website from Ukraine (altho I expect it may have been targeted in the war)?
I dunno about Ukraine, but Russia has Russia Today https://rt.com

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:11 pm The Russian carrier burns an oil tar sludge for fuel and it's boilers rarely produce enough forward power to allow flight operations from it's deck.
When they do, its still has to operate within range of a base where it can recover aircraft if it can't maintain enough wind over the deck to land.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

So the "That's bad news for X" tag is a mandatory headline ender now?

YES. I know it is. I'm just disgusted with such cheap, nasty writing.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:11 pm So the "That's bad news for X" tag is a mandatory headline ender now?

YES. I know it is. I'm just disgusted with such cheap, nasty writing.
I agree. Plus they just want to keep up the "Putin is big and mean and scary" narrative.

In reality it does not make any difference to Ukraine. The Merc unit will be doing nothing that the ordinary Russian soldiers haven't been doing. The real take away is that Putin has had to pull them back home to buff out his troops.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”