Russia Invades Ukraine

qbawl

Re: Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by qbawl »

Off Topic
I probably should know but what's Bob up to there days? Analysis at Faux would be a good fit. SIRI thinks he's 84 so still kicking' I guess.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Last know image...😙
Attachments
C92FC4AE-DCCA-4EDA-9BD3-71EC67ABCB23.jpeg
C92FC4AE-DCCA-4EDA-9BD3-71EC67ABCB23.jpeg (78.37 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
Lani

Post by Lani »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:20 pm :snippity:
My point being, to stay on topic, is I wouldn't be surprised if dozens of men or more were killed in the original blast/fire and whomever survived could very easily have been forced to stay on board to try to keep the boat afloat, with no regard for their safety. If that's the case, who knows how many drowned from that.
Many must have been killed and injured when the ship was bombed. Fire would have spread quickly and possibly triggered more explosions. There was a big storm that blocked viewing from drones, aircraft, and satellites.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

I don't want to spread mere rumors, but this is just too juicy to pass up....

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:boxing:

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

"B3, MFer!"
Attachments
BBE0DDB9-0276-42D5-9DE9-4BAC53750FF1.jpeg
BBE0DDB9-0276-42D5-9DE9-4BAC53750FF1.jpeg (75.86 KiB) Viewed 945 times
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

qbawl wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:38 pm
Off Topic
I probably should know but what's Bob up to there days? Analysis at Faux would be a good fit. SIRI thinks he's 84 so still kicking' I guess.
Not much according to wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Saeed_al-Sahhaf
Post-war life

On 25 June 2003, British newspaper the Daily Mirror reported that al-Sahhaf had been captured by coalition troops at a roadblock in Baghdad.[4] The report was not confirmed by military authorities and was denied by al-Sahhaf's family through Abu Dhabi TV. The next day, al-Sahhaf recorded an interview for Dubai-based news channel al-Arabiya.[10] He was reportedly paid as much as US$200,000 for the television interview, during which he appeared very withdrawn, in contrast with the bombastic persona he projected during the war. Many of his answers consisted of a simple "yes" or "no". He refused to speculate on the causes of the downfall of the Iraqi government and answered only "history will tell" when asked if video clips purporting to prove that Saddam Hussein was alive were genuine, amid speculation at that time that Hussein had been killed during the war.

His fame quickly evaporated as the war continued into the insurgency phase; from the middle of 2003 onward, he faded from the public spotlight, and was no longer a figure in the war. Al-Sahhaf said that he had surrendered to United States forces, had been interrogated by them and then released.[11][12] He was not charged for his role in Saddam Hussein's government.[12]

In March 2008, it was reported by The Times that al-Sahhaf was living in the United Arab Emirates.
According to this website he died March 6th last year.

https://www.dead-people.com/Muhammad-Saeed-al-Sahhaf
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm going to have nightmares tonight. :cantlook:

Time for Putin to trip and accidentally fall out of a window.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:41 am
SUPPOSEDLY

Due to the lack of volunteers and enlistments for short term contracts to join the army, they are transferring navy sailors into the infantry.

Twitter rumors only.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

But I thought Russia claimed the flagship burned by accident. Are they getting tangled in their own propaganda? They didn’t sink our flagship but we’re going to nuke them for sinking our flagship! If it weren’t all so scary and sad, I’d laugh. :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

It was accidentally damaged trying to avoid the stupid Ukrainian farmer and his tractor out at sea.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

bill_g wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:09 am It was accidentally damaged trying to avoid the stupid Ukrainian farmer and his tractor out at sea.
Oops! Silly me! :lol: :lol:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

jemcanada2 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:11 am
bill_g wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:09 am It was accidentally damaged trying to avoid the stupid Ukrainian farmer and his tractor out at sea.
Oops! Silly me! :lol: :lol:
You're welcome. Oddly, the entire crew was named Deyvi Dzhons. I'm sure it's a clerical error.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:43 am
Shirley they know that nuking Ukraine will also harm Russia, or is the entire country on a suicide mission? Maybe they don't. Look how they handled the Chernobyl occupation.

This is what has terrified me these last few weeks. Putin is clearly not sane and all the humiliation he has suffered at the hands of Zelensky. Now that the flagship has been sunk, I can see him pulling a Hitler bunker shot, but with nukes.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

What Happened on Day 50 of the War in Ukraine

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/04/14 ... 595e2e6e66
Russia’s faltering war against Ukraine suffered a pair of setbacks Thursday when the flagship of Russia’s Black Sea fleet sank after a catastrophic explosion and fire, as the European Union moved closer to an embargo on Russian oil imports.

Ukraine claimed to have struck the vessel, the guided missile cruiser Moskva, with two of its own Neptune missiles, while Russia said the blast was caused by ammunition aboard the ship. If confirmed, the missile attack would be a serious blow to Russia, both militarily and symbolically — proof that its ships can no longer operate with impunity, and another damaging blow to morale.

It would also give a lift to Ukrainian hopes, while demonstrating the defenders’ homegrown technological capacity and exposing an embarrassing weakness in the Russian navy’s antimissile defenses.

Moscow also faces the possible loss of European markets in fossil fuels, which are providing billions of dollars a month to support its war effort. The European Union has long resisted calls to reduce its energy dependency on Russia, but officials revealed on Thursday that an oil embargo is in the works and is likely to be adopted in the coming weeks.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/McFaul/status/1514780878857146368
Michael McFaul
@McFaul
Everyone in America and the world should watch this talk today by @CIA Director William Burns and be deeply thankful we have Bill in this job at this most critical moment in world history.

I haven't watched it myself yet, but apparently just one of his takeaways is that the longer and worse the Ukraine war goes the more likely Putin will unleash the Nukes.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Russian warship sunken in Ukraine war may have been carrying a piece of the 'true cross,' a treasured Christian relic

The Moskva, Russia's Black Sea fleet flagship, sank on Thursday after an explosion.

Russian state media reported in 2020 that the ship was due to take a holy relic on board.

It's unclear whether the relic — a piece of the "true cross" — was on board when the Moskva sank.

The Russian warship that was confirmed as sunk on Thursday may have been carrying a holy relic when it went down.
:snippity:
https://news.yahoo.com/russian-warship- ... 46009.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

:nope:

:yankyank: :yankyank: :yankyank:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Suranis wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:47 pm I haven't watched it myself yet, but apparently just one of his takeaways is that the longer and worse the Ukraine war goes the more likely Putin will unleash the Nukes.
I don't really need a grownup to tell me that, but I'm certainly not complaining, because anyone who doesn't already see it needs to be updated asap. I keep wanting the Ukies to kick his ass, but then I hope he doesn't get so frustrated and pissed that he goes for the Big One.

I have mixed feelings. Y'know, mixed feelings? Like when your mother-in-law drives your brand new Lexus off a cliff? (It's a joke, don't hurt me. I adored my MIL.)

And maybe that will happen, and maybe there's nothing we can actually do to prevent it from happening. You just can't trust Earthlings. Maybe the Ukrainians will be so brave and smart and successful that Putin will nuke Kyiv. Then the rest of the world has some decisions to make. And would that even guarantee him success overall in conquering Ukraine? Or will the survivors fight even harder and take the fight to Moscow?

Golly, it's an interesting and exciting time to be alive.

Somebody tell me when we have to seal all our doors and windows with polyvinyl sheeting and duct tape to keep the radioactive dust out, por favor.

:oldman:

Edit: I have the True Cross; everybody chill. :roll: I glued some tweezers on it and made it into a roach clip. :mrgreen:
You are what you eat.
Last night I was a chicken quesadilla.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Heh, I remember people used to joke in the seminary there there are enough pieces of the True Cross to build a good sised house.
Hic sunt dracones
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:49 pm
Russian diplomat, go fuck yourself! :girlbutt:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:10 pm
Russian warship sunken in Ukraine war may have been carrying a piece of the 'true cross,' a treasured Christian relic

The Moskva, Russia's Black Sea fleet flagship, sank on Thursday after an explosion.

Russian state media reported in 2020 that the ship was due to take a holy relic on board.

It's unclear whether the relic — a piece of the "true cross" — was on board when the Moskva sank.

The Russian warship that was confirmed as sunk on Thursday may have been carrying a holy relic when it went down.
:snippity:
https://news.yahoo.com/russian-warship- ... 46009.html
Didn't help none.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”