January 6 Select Committee

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I"ve been surprised and disappointed that there haven't already been demonstrations demanding justice.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm somewhat heartened by that. It seems that people seem to have faith that the justice system will handle it.
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hi, Sequoia! You still look so young.

In Arkansas we are in the germinal stage of a plan of taking to the streets, flash dancing, wearing black robes and pearls (she's a pearl gurl) in a statewide celebration when Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson is sworn in. :groupdance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I like it!
ImageImageImage x5
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Robert Costa @costareports wrote: News from @elliskkim: no Pence subpoena likely from @January6thCmte, per @BennieGThompson tonight…

“There's no effort on the part of the committee to get him to come in," Thompson said. “If he wants to come, we initially thought it would be important. But… we know the people who tried to get him to change his mind, about the count and all of that. So what is it we need?"
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I like his statement!

What the F do we need Pence for????
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:14 pm I like his statement!

What the F do we need Pence for????
My thoughts about him period...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Hugo Lowell @hugolowell wrote: Just in: House Rules votes to advance Jan. 6 committee contempt of Congress resolutions against Trump aides Peter Navarro and Dan Scavino, 9-4 along party lines
Hugo Lowell @hugolowell wrote: New: Ivanka Trump is testifying virtually to the Jan. 6 committee this morning, per source familiar and confirming others
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Oh, Princess Vanky will be throwing everyone under as many buses as she can. They are not really impressed by plastic smiles and decaying Plastic Surgery in Prison.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:48 am Oh, Princess Vanky will be throwing everyone under as many buses as she can. They are not really impressed by plastic smiles and decaying Plastic Surgery in Prison.
That's why Mom made sure to stand aside for the more obvious criming....

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I'd be wearing thick gloves too if I had to go near her.

"Hello Donald."
"Ivana you look bigly great, exactly like me."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

House Jan 6 Committee chairman Bennie Thompson (D-MS) says Ivanka Trump interview is ongoing. And he says as far as he knows, she has not invoked privilege. He underscored that she came in voluntarily
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/ ... 5915270147
Kyle Cheney
@kyledcheney
JUST IN: Jan. 6 Chairman Thompson says Ivanka Trump is still testifying, five hours after she began her virtual appearance.

Thompson said Ivanka Trump was answering questions and has not, to his knowledge, asserted any privileges.
If I was Eric I'd be dropping a 5th of Vodka on hearing that.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: House Select Jan 6 Committee has received the John Eastman records =====>
raison de arizona

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEWS: Judge rules that BANNON cannot use "advice of counsel" defense against contempt of Congress charges for defying Jan. 6 select committee.

Big blow to his defense.

Ruling:
raison de arizona

January 6th Committee @January6thCmte wrote: No one is above the law.

If the House of Representatives fails to cite Peter Navarro and Daniel Scavino, Jr. for criminal contempt, we weaken the oversight authority of this body and undermine our investigation.
raison de arizona

Banks: A vote to hold Scavino and Navarro in contempt is a vote to put them in jail for a year… You know Mr. Scavino has two boys… Can anyone here explain to those boys why their dad deserves to be behind bars for a year?
'Cause they've been busy criming and there are consequences for that? I guess Banks would rather have us explain to Scavino's boys why their dad is above the law.
:roll:
raison de arizona

Don't worry Banks, they won't be going to jail.
January 6th Committee @January6thCmte wrote: BREAKING: Peter Navarro and Daniel Scavino, Jr. cited for criminal contempt by House of Representatives for defiance of Select Committee subpoenas.

They will be referred to the Department of Justice for prosecution.
https://twitter.com/January6thCmte/stat ... 8267042825
raison de arizona

Tristan Snell @TristanSnell wrote: BREAKING: Ivanka Trump’s testimony before January 6 committee yesterday was for 8 hours, voluntarily. She did not assert attorney-client privilege, nor did she plead the Fifth.

Now, who knows if she said anything substantive or useful. Her past public statements on pretty much anything have just been word salad with a heavy helping of platitudes. But the lack of assertion of privileges is interesting to me. She might have thrown some folks under the bus
Hope springs eternal. :popcorn:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/minutes/congre ... interview/
Decision coming soon: The Jan. 6 select committee is preparing to broach its most consequential decision yet: Whether and when to call Donald Trump for an interview.

“We'll be talking about the likelihood of a Trump interview in the not too distant future,” Chair Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) told reporters Thursday.

His comments came the same day Trump wavered in an interview with the Washington Post about how he would respond to an invite from the panel. He's repeatedly derided the committee's work as partisan, though investigators have recently secured lengthy interviews with his daughter Ivanka and his son-in-law Jared Kushner.
raison de arizona

Just criminal.
CNN Exclusive: 'We control them all': Donald Trump Jr. texted Meadows ideas for overturning 2020 election before it was called

Two days after the 2020 presidential election, as votes were still being tallied, Donald Trump's eldest son texted then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows that "we have operational control" to ensure his father would get a second term, with Republican majorities in the US Senate and swing state legislatures, CNN has learned.

In the text, which has not been previously reported, Donald Trump Jr. lays out ideas for keeping his father in power by subverting the Electoral College process, according to the message reviewed by CNN. The text is among records obtained by the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021.

"It's very simple," Trump Jr. texted to Meadows on November 5, adding later in the same missive: "We have multiple paths We control them all."

In a statement to CNN, Trump Jr.'s lawyer Alan S. Futerfas said, "After the election, Don received numerous messages from supporters and others. Given the date, this message likely originated from someone else and was forwarded."

The November 5 text message outlines a strategy that is nearly identical to what allies of the former President attempted to carry out in the months that followed. Trump Jr. makes specific reference to filing lawsuits and advocating recounts to prevent certain swing states from certifying their results, as well as having a handful of Republican state houses put forward slates of fake "Trump electors."

If all that failed, according to the Trump Jr. text, GOP lawmakers in Congress could simply vote to reinstall Trump as President on January 6.

"We have operational control Total leverage," the message reads. "Moral High Ground POTUS must start 2nd term now."

The text from Trump Jr. is revealing on a number of levels. It shows how those closest to the former President were already exchanging ideas for how to overturn the election months before the January 6 insurrection -- and before all the votes were even counted. It would be another two days before major news outlets declared Joe Biden the winner on November 7.

The text also adds to a growing body of evidence of how Trump's inner circle was actively engaged in discussing how to challenge the election results.
:snippity:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/08/politics ... index.html
A lot more at link.
raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:17 pm
Banks: A vote to hold Scavino and Navarro in contempt is a vote to put them in jail for a year… You know Mr. Scavino has two boys… Can anyone here explain to those boys why their dad deserves to be behind bars for a year?
'Cause they've been busy criming and there are consequences for that? I guess Banks would rather have us explain to Scavino's boys why their dad is above the law.
:roll:
Ok, Staff Sergeant Aquilino Gonell has a better response for Banks, since he was there. I’m going to put it under a spoiler though because it is a bit graphic.
show him this. This was the result of his lies and planning a coup. Or may be can explain to me, a great dad of one, why I have to be in recovery for 14 months and counting…
► Show Spoiler
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”