Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Kendra

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Ron Desantis illegally delayed a public records request for over 2 months of documents related to Halsey Beshears, who is allegedly connected to the Gaetz sex trafficking investigation, so he could “review” them to “ensure the accuracy and correctness” of it.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Huh. It only takes me a few minutes, usually.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

He had to make sure she didn't show up in any of HIS records. :o
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I swear in his photo ops that he is resembling TFG more and more. The same pasty smile, grubby hands, beady eyes, and perfectly combed hair (although DeathSantis' style is circa 1960 with a large helping of Brylcreem.)
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I've often thought his style was very Mafia don, or gangster,

Probably what TFG was trying to channel, and came across looking like a squeezed sausage in too big suits.
Hic sunt dracones
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Suranis wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:56 pm I've often thought his style was very Mafia don, or gangster,

Probably what TFG was trying to channel, and came across looking like a squeezed sausage in too big suits.
Well, he did want to date John Gotti's daughter - she told him to pound sand.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona

049D5DB0-FFAF-4569-9000-6BA05028C32C.jpeg
049D5DB0-FFAF-4569-9000-6BA05028C32C.jpeg (283.17 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

DeSantis is bonkers.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:54 pm

DeSantis is bonkers.
"From Fernandina Beach in the Atlantic, to Chattahoochee on Lake Seminole, an Orange Curtain has descended across the Peninsula" - I dunno, probably Carl Hiaasen or someone
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Discount Donald Trump wrote:“I can’t have Castro to my south and Abrams to my north, that would be a disaster.
Does he know Castro is dead? :confuzzled:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

These poor kids having to constantly serve as political props, and they clearly do not want to be there today. “Stand up” he says to his youngest, who just wants to go somewhere, anywhere else, to just be a kid.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Always using children behind him as political props, Ron Desantis today announces his signing of the FL law banning abortion at 15 weeks. “We are here today to protect life.”
raison de arizona

Tell me you don't understand the global economy without telling me you don't understand the global economy.
Ron DeSantis @GovRonDeSantis wrote: Inflation is at a 40-year high of 8.5% due to federal policies of borrowing & printing money at unfathomable levels & bad energy policy, which is hurting Floridians.

Biden could unleash domestic energy production to provide relief. Instead, he is content watching people suffer.
https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/stat ... 7285287947
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:37 pm https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 1507139597
Always using children behind him as political props, Ron Desantis today announces his signing of the FL law banning abortion at 15 weeks. “We are here today to protect life.”
It's worth noting that this law contains no exceptions for rape, incest, or human trafficking.

Tangentially related is that FL is #3 in the nation for human trafficking (source). Perhaps DeSantis could spend a little less time worrying about saying gay and eliminating women's reproductive rights, and a little more time dealing with a real problem in his state.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I want to comment on DeSantis' "Anti-Woke Law."
https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2022/04/14/what-florida-employers-need-to-know-if-desantis-approves-new-anti-woke-law/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_content=%40TB_Tmes wrote:
In practice, the bill would amend the Florida Civil Rights Act and make it unlawful for employers to subject workers to “training, instruction, or any other required activity” that promotes or compels them to believe the following concepts:

That virtues such as merit, excellence, hard work, fairness, neutrality, objectivity and racial colorblindness are racist or sexist, or were created by members of a particular race, color, sex or national origin to oppress members of another race, color, sex or national origin.

That an individual’s moral character or status as either privileged or oppressed is necessarily determined by his or her race, color, sex or national origin.
Well, there's a novel solution to a social problem. Just declare it doesn't exist! And punish any thought criminals by subjecting them to nuisance lawsuits!
If an employee believes their employer has violated any of those principles when delivering a training program, they can sue and pursue a claim for relief, including damages and attorneys’ fees.

The potential of lawsuits as an enforcement mechanism is likely to have a chilling effect on how employers convey certain diversity and inclusion goals in training sessions, according to some labor lawyers and consultants in the human resources field.
Somewhere in Hell, George Wallace is saying "damn, why didn't I think of that?"

What's next, the Hurricane Prevention Act which makes it "unlawful to subject workers to any instructions of required activity that promotes that human behaviors cause adverse weather effects?"

Republicans are fond of saying "you can't legislate morality." But you can legislate reality, apparently.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Employers do these trainings to comply with federal law and requirements, especially those with federal contracts, as a recruitment and retention policy, and to avoid lawsuits.

What happened to the corporate overlords are always right?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Corporations are always right, except when they do things Evangelicals don't like.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

We will narually turn to the Church to develop, approve and oversee all this training now, as a known source of the correct knowledge and consistent with the teachings of Jesus, can never be sued cause Jesus is never wrong. This is all super cool vis a vis separation of Church and State because its our evil corporate overlords doing it, and even when its State employees getting the super Jesus lessons still okay because the pastor facilitator will be a non-employee private contractor.

Forever and ever amen, ipso facto pratorium pratoria pizza pizza

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:lol:

I do love Ms. Higginbotham and her wicked wit, as well as her historical novels.

Math isn't my strong point, but I put together some word problems that Florida can use while the state is scrambling to replace the textbooks it deemed objectionable:
(1) Greg can burn six books in five minutes. Ron can burn eight books in ten minutes. Who can burn the most books in two hours?
(2) Josh wants his wife, Anna, to have one child every two years before she is thirty. Anna is sixteen. How many children will Anna have?
(3) Marjorie, Tina, and Matt sue their history teacher for making them feel bad about slavery and win a total of $100,000. Their lawyer takes a third of their winnings. If Matt gets 50 percent of what is left and Marjorie and Tina get 25 percent of what is left, how money do Marjorie, Tina, and Matt each have?
(4) Miss Johnson's first-grade class is having a parents' night. There are thirty students in the class. Each student has one mother and one father except for Jake and Caitlin, whose parents have to stay home. If everyone gets three cookies apiece, how many cookies will the mothers have to bake to feed everyone?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Looks like a nuanced graduate level law class that is illegal to teach to third graders.

Remember the days before they discovered Critical Race Theory and they were having school board riots over common core maths? This started there, they just changed the buzzwords.

Its so much better now though, they can be innumerate and a bigot for one low price! :dance:

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

I remember when Republicans loved big business.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

You can deny them reservations to Key Biscayne?

:smoking: :confuzzled:

tek

Post by tek »

For a Harvard-educated lawyer, he doesn't do law too good.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:35 pm I remember when Republicans loved big business.
Just like how they love 'americans' or 'wealthy people deserve their wealth'. their love for big buisness has always only applied to the right kinds of businesses. It is all about the natural order and which businesses deserve to be big vs which ones got it illegitimately via things like appealing to the middle class or having 'globalists' in charge.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”