Russia Invades Ukraine

jcolvin2
Verified:

Re: Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by jcolvin2 »

Russians give medal to actual Nazi for helping in the "de-Nazi-fication" campaign in Mariupol:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pr ... 466ef99e10
The claim that Russian President Vladimir Putin is seeking the "denazification" of Ukraine clashed with reality after video showed a pro-Russian soldier wearing neo-Nazi symbols while being awarded a medal for fighting in the city of Mariupol.
Video shared by Storyful shows a soldier, named as Lieutenant Roman Vorobyov from the "Somalia" motorized rifle battalion, receiving the "St. George's Cross II" award while wearing far-right insignia.

Receiving the award on Sunday from Denis Pushilin, who is the Putin-sponsored head of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic, two patches are visible on Vorobyov's right arm.

One is a modified version of a skull-and-crossbones emblem used by Nazi Germany's 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf, an elite division of the Waffen-SS. The other is the Valknut, or Odin's knot, which is a symbol of interlocking triangles from Norse mythology commonly used by neo-Nazis.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Courtesy of Beau of the Fifth Column.

“What should Russia do with Ukraine? [Translation of a propaganda article by a Russian publication]”

“This is the article that was published by the Russian state-owned news agency RIA Novosti (Russian: РИА Новости). This media through the years was one of the main voices of Russian propaganda and fake news.”

][/imgwidth]
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Atticus Finch wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:11 am Haiku

Putin misjudged them
They are not a flock of sheep
But a swarm of wasps
VERY nice!
Lani

Post by Lani »

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 23-53-48 Kristin Wilson on Twitter.png
Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 23-53-48 Kristin Wilson on Twitter.png (41.96 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

The Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND), Germany’s foreign intelligence service, has acquired gruesome new insights into the atrocities committed by Russian military forces in the town of Bucha near the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv. DER SPIEGEL has learned that the BND intercepted Russian military radio traffic in which the murder of civilians in Bucha was discussed. Some of the intercepted radio traffic can apparently be directly linked to dead bodies that have been photographed in Bucha.
:snippity:
The intercepted comments now appear to completely refute Russia’s denials. DER SPIEGEL has learned that the BND briefed parliamentarians on Wednesday about its findings. Some of the intercepted traffic apparently matches the locations of bodies found along the main road through town. In one of them, a soldier apparently told another that they had just shot a person on a bicycle. That corresponds to the photo of the dead body lying next to a bicycle that has been shared around the world. In another intercepted conversation, a man apparently said: First you interrogate soldiers, then you shoot them.
:snippity:
The radio traffic intercepted by the BND makes it seem as though the atrocities perpetrated on civilians in Bucha were neither random acts nor the product of individual soldiers who got out of hand. Rather, say sources familiar with the audio, the material suggests that the troops spoke of the atrocities as though they were simply discussing their everyday lives.
More at the link.
https://www.spiegel.de/international/ge ... a772315b0d
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Haiku

Deleted
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Can we put the haiku in another thread, please?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Killroy was here.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Well I guess Red Dawn is now a documentary...

I'll see myself out.... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:04 pm Well I guess Red Dawn is now a documentary...

I'll see myself out.... :bag:
Oh no you don't. You sit yourself down, young man, and cue up that DVD.

Now I have to watch (the original) Red Dawn again.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:? That might be over optimistic

Problem is that nuclear-armed Russia knows that the rest of the world wants to avoid nuclear war. That is Russia's threat that keeps the world from a massive response. :(
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

If only half of the stories like this coming out of Ukraine are true Russia should be cut off from the community of decent nations.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

what's the latest on kicking them out of G20?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

The Chinese built the Great Wall to keep out the barbarians. Europe should do the same with the Russians.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Atticus Finch wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:41 pm The Chinese built the Great Wall to keep out the barbarians. Europe should do the same with the Russians.
They can hire Trump to finance and oversee construction...he's such an expert. :bag:
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

And Russia will pay for it.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

That's a good start but the remaining 80 to 85% has to go too.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/04/8/7338211/
According to Energy Minister Herman Galushchenko, all the soldiers who have been to the Exclusion Zone have received large doses of radiation, and their military equipment has also been contaminated, the Ministry’s press service reports.

"The Russian soldiers’ ignorance went as far off the scale as the dosimeters we used to check the background radiation in the places where the invaders were deployed. They dug into contaminated soil with their bare hands, put radioactive sand into bags for fortifications, and inhaled the dust. After a month of that kind of exposure, they have at most a year to live. Or rather, they won’t be living, but slowly dying of their illnesses," said the minister.

He said the Russian military had looted the plant and the administrative offices, taking everything from crockery to spare parts and instruments.

"It’s not just all of the occupiers’ troops and their ‘trophies’ that are contaminated. So is all the military equipment that has passed through Chornobyl – about 10,000 items. Every Russian soldier will bring a piece of Chornobyl home, whether he’s alive or dead," Galushchenko said.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Ukraine war pushes Germany to strengthen its bunker infrastructure

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/uk ... ce=twitter
Germany has started working on strengthening its basement shelters as well as building up crisis stocks in case of war, the Welt am Sonntag newspaper reported on Saturday, citing the country's interior minister.

After decades of attrition of Germany's armed forces, Russia's war in Ukraine has led to a major policy shift with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz pledging to increase defence spending and injecting 100 billion euros ($109 billion) into the army.

The government is also looking into upgrading its public shelter systems and will increase spending on civil protection, Interior Minister Nancy Faeser told the newspaper.

"There are currently 599 public shelters in Germany. We will check whether we could upgrade more of such systems. In any case, the dismantling has stopped," Faeser said.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Spoilered for sensitive content:
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”