January 6 Select Committee

Gregg

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:38 am Shit, Putin has a complete record, not just the call logs but actual transcripts of every word spoken to and by Trump that day.

Let's ask him politely to share. Remember to say "please". :crazy:
Tell him we'll get the Ukrainian farmer to let him have his tank back if he does.

:rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Jim wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:10 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:22 am Has trump blamed Rose Mary Woods yet?
Now, now...we all know he'd blame Rosa Parks first.
Arlo Guthrie is only responsible for 18 and a half minutes! :dance:

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:22 am Has trump blamed Rose Mary Woods yet?
It was obviously Hillary Clinton's fault.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

filly wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:51 am

"To the best of my knowledge...."
Trump's statement on the gap in his White House call records:

"I have no idea what a burner phone is, to the best of my knowledge I have never even heard the term."
FWIW.
Robert Costa @costareports wrote: NEWS: Former Trump national security adviser John Bolton said in an interview Tuesday, after the CBS-Post reporting was published, that he recalls Trump using the term “burner phones” in several discussions and that Trump was aware of its meaning…

Bolton also said he and Trump have spoken about how people have used “burner phones” to avoid having their calls scrutinized.

@AmbJohnBolton
@CBSNews
@washingtonpost
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Insert Captain Renault gif here.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I remember he never heard of David Duke either, even though he was on tape talking about him.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Donald Trump said in a statement today, "I have no idea what a burner phone is, to the best of my knowledge I have never even heard the term."

Yet in his lawsuit against his
@MaryLTrump
and the NY Times, he used the term "burner phone" at least 3 times.

"Trump gave us that statement about burner phones saying he's never heard the term...on Monday night and then on Tuesday, CBS News got a call from National Security Adviser John Bolton...and he said 'wait a minute, Trump knows burner phones,'"
@costareports
says.
:liar:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"Ok, Just one more thing. I just want to ask you about this 7 hour gap in the record..."

"I don't know what Burner phones are! I've never used Burner phones!"

columbo.jpg
columbo.jpg (125.46 KiB) Viewed 2044 times
Hic sunt dracones
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

7 hour gap?

Why does it matter, congress isn't going to do anything about it. They can't even police themselves and deal with the traitors in their ranks.
realist

Post by realist »

John Thomas8 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:26 am 7 hour gap?

Why does it matter, congress isn't going to do anything about it. They can't even police themselves and deal with the traitors in their ranks.
:yeahthat:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yeah, every morning I now greet the day with "What batfuckery will be swept under the rug today?"
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: Enrique Tarrio arraignment postponed........ again

Til next week

Further extending his stay in pretrial detention

Sentencing hearing underway in Jan 6 case of Ken Reda of Florida

Feds seek 60 days home detention. They say Reda posted on PARLER in Dec 2020 about Congress, "WE MUST LET THEM KNOW THE THING THAT THE COVET THE MOST THIER (POWER) WILL BE GONE IF THEY DO NOT SUPPORT TRUMP. .."
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rimshot:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Angry Staffer 🌻 @Angry_Staffer wrote: 👀

The sound you hear is Jared shoveling everyone under the bus
I'll believe it when I see it. tfg pardoned dear old dad, he's the golden child's beau and the favored grandchildren's father. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suspect that he isn't underbussing anyone, and is instead probably spreading mounds of manure.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
filly

Post by filly »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:25 pm
Angry Staffer 🌻 @Angry_Staffer wrote: 👀

The sound you hear is Jared shoveling everyone under the bus
I'll believe it when I see it. tfg pardoned dear old dad, he's the golden child's beau and the favored grandchildren's father. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suspect that he isn't underbussing anyone, and is instead probably spreading mounds of manure.
I get your impulse. OTOH, Jared has excellent lawyers and IIRC didn't lie to the Mueller investigators. Obviously it depends on what he was asked about, but 6 hours is a long time.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A January 3 text to Mark Meadows: "I have details on the call that Navarro helped convene... to delay certification... including that the president participated..."

Peter Navarro must speak to the Select Committee about his role in the attempt to overturn the election.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.axios.com/trump-molly-micha ... 15f46.html
On Jan. 6, 2021, during an apparent seven-hour gap in White House call logs that the House select committee investigating the attack is now trying to piece together, then-President Trump's executive assistant, Molly Michael, was absent for most of the day, three sources with direct knowledge tell Axios.

Why it matters: Though sources said the Trump White House's already spotty record-keeping operation had virtually collapsed by the final weeks of his presidency, Michael's absence is a previously unreported detail that may play a role in explaining the incomplete records for a key stretch of time.

Her absence — coupled with the already shambolic state of record-keeping in the Outer Oval — also could complicate efforts to piece those details back together 14 months after that fateful day.
What we're hearing: Keeping handwritten notes on Trump's unscheduled meetings and calls was part of Michael's duties when she took over as executive assistant from her predecessor, Madeleine Westerhout.

While Trump was in the Oval Office, the dining room adjoining it or the White House residence, he preferred to use the landlines — though also used his personal cell or received calls on the cells of his close aides, according to sources who witnessed this.

He would frequently yell out, "Molly!," to get her to call whoever he wanted to talk to on a whim.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:09 pm https:// twitter.com/January6thCmte/status/1509950786301739008
A January 3 text to Mark Meadows: "I have details on the call that Navarro helped convene... to delay certification... including that the president participated..."

Peter Navarro must speak to the Select Committee about his role in the attempt to overturn the election.
IIRC Navarro was the legal mastermind behind the idea, based on his interpretation of old law on the books, that Pence ought to delay the Congressional vote counting of the results of Electoral College and accept the rejection of certain state resutls. Then the states would need to elect a new slate of Electors and those would then vote in favour of impotus, the respective SoS would report the new results.

I understand that the Republicans then messed up the idea by letting their state party members designate an alternate set of fake electors whose result was then forwarded to the archivist in parallel to the official reporting. From an interview with Navarro it's my take that this was not what Navarro had in mind.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

… executive assistant, Molly Michael, was absent for most of the day, three sources with direct knowledge tell Axios.
Boy, this smells like convenient bullpucky to me.

Which three sources, known habitual liars? Or unknown transactional liars?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:35 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:09 pm https:// twitter.com/January6thCmte/status/1509950786301739008

IIRC Navarro was the legal mastermind behind the idea, based on his interpretation of old law on the books, that Pence ought to delay the Congressional vote counting of the results of Electoral College and accept the rejection of certain state resutls. Then the states would need to elect a new slate of Electors and those would then vote in favour of impotus, the respective SoS would report the new results.

I understand that the Republicans then messed up the idea by letting their state party members designate an alternate set of fake electors whose result was then forwarded to the archivist in parallel to the official reporting. From an interview with Navarro it's my take that this was not what Navarro had in mind.

They needed the alternate electors, but they didn't need them to actually count, only to provide the appearance of a dispute. If Pence had simply said "well, I dunno which ones to count, so I won't count any" it would have left Trump with a majority of votes cast. At that point, there was at least one counting that Trump had won that would have to be overcome. Then, the Democrats had not only to get Pence to count votes from the 6 states, but to decide that the proper votes from those 6 states were the ones counted. Any deviation that left any dispute would end up getting tossed to the Courts, ending up in SCOTUS where Trump thought he had a ringer. Hell, Jenni Thomas was on his side, amirite? All of that and STILL, if there was any controversy they could just go all Joe Stalin "Fuck the Pope" and dare someone to send tanks to evict them. Tanks under his command.

It was all bullshit, but it was bullshit Trump and the Idiot Army was hoping would take until later to figure out and later still to try to change, under the assumption that once they had one result, however illegitimate, that result would have to be overcome and the lawyers here can explain how things once established gain a certain momentum even if absurdly wrong. It was a desperate plan, it counted on a lot of things going their way and in the end maybe if they just refused to leave and no court had decided by January 20th maybe no one would make them leave.

That's how delusional they were at that point. It's also why they must be brought to justice because at this point in history, they think the major flaw in their plan was they couldn't get Mike Pence to go along with it, but the rest was perfectly copacetic.

And how delusional is it, really? Trump had spent the last 4 years tossing norms out the window, ignoring court orders he didn't like, appealing every little comma in every document so that giving him a parking ticket would have taken 3 years and involved every Judge from the Argillite Mayor's Court (overseen by a dog, I AM SERIOUS) up to SCOTUS. When you've been smoking your own dope so long without anyone telling you different, this looks like a perfectly logical solution to a problem.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The Select Committee has
💬 conducted 800 depositions and interviews with more scheduled
📄 received nearly 90,000 documents relating to our investigation
☎️ followed up on more than 435 tips received through our tip line.
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

ENOUGH!

It’s time for us to take to the streets like we did after trump was elected, and demand that all of the criminals involved in the multiple attempts to overturn the election are charged NOW!

Kendra wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:09 pm

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Off Topic
Ah, there you are Sequoia!

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”