Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
TheNewSaint

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by TheNewSaint »

The latest news from Planet DeSantis is "mandatory financial literacy classes for high schoolers." Proudly championed by the Trump Won crowd. What's it going to teach them, how to access their TDA?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

DeSantis likes to politicize and posture about things that have no business being politicized. It is only to HIS benefit and is nearly always detrimental to whatever cause he is claiming to champion.

And he’s a weenie.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:45 am The latest news from Planet DeSantis is "mandatory financial literacy classes for high schoolers." Proudly championed by the Trump Won crowd. What's it going to teach them, how to access their TDA?
That's DeathSantistan to those of us who own property here.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:11 am
TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:45 am The latest news from Planet DeSantis is "mandatory financial literacy classes for high schoolers." Proudly championed by the Trump Won crowd. What's it going to teach them, how to access their TDA?
That's DeathSantistan to those of us who own property here.
I had already been considering getting rid of my Broward County condo that is my legal address for home leave and other Foreign Service purposes while *on* my next home leave, and then using whatever small amount I get over what I currently owe to pay off the mortgage to then put down on a place with my son on just the New Hampshire side of the state line of the Greater Boston area. He was looking forward to moving back down to either the Gainesville area (where he was born, his mother and I having met while I was a grad student) or the Fort Lauderdale area (where he came to live with me as an adult back in '16 but couldn't find a longer-term roommate and my place is a 1-BR condo), but now he also is like 'Oh, hell, naw, not as long as This ****ing Guy is in charge'.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I went to New Hampshire for the firs time 2 years ago for a funeral when my college RA died. Fell in love. I would so like to find a place, 10 or so acres, driveway 300 yards off the road, pine trees all around, a deck with a hot tub and sauna. Heaven.

I'm perfectly describing my friend's house BTW, which I helped his daughter sell.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Gregg wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:25 pm I went to New Hampshire for the first time 2 years ago for a funeral when my college RA died. Fell in love. I would so like to find a place, 10 or so acres, driveway 300 yards off the road, pine trees all around, a deck with a hot tub and sauna. Heaven.
https://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sale ... d-nh-03781
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Wait a minute, is that Ed Brown's place?

eta: It is, and oh my, it is absolutely gorgeous. Just adds to the tragedy that that whole mess was, Ed and Elaine could have lived out their years in that place and instead chose, well, another circumstance.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Gorgeous house. Sad story to go with it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:45 pm Wait a minute, is that Ed Brown's place?

eta: It is, and oh my, it is absolutely gorgeous. Just adds to the tragedy that that whole mess was, Ed and Elaine could have lived out their years in that place and instead chose, well, another circumstance.
Well don't worry Ed's gonna be alright, I mean free room and board, exercise equipment, and health care for all his remaining days.... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:36 pm Gorgeous house. Sad story to go with it.
I'm not sure how much I could live there though. No matter what they say, I would live in fear of the days that Root Beer or Biscuit got some IED training they weren't planning on.

Puppy go boom :rotflmao:

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Wait... isnt that part of the "core curriculum" Or what ever it was called thar Clinton was pushing?
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Lani

Post by Lani »

It was to ensure that all students were taught core education. Knowledge and skills was expected to be learned by all students, generally related to subjects the foundations of English, math and science.

ETA: There were annual tests, don't know if that is still done. One problem that arose was that some teachers taught to the test, with no context. Just required memorized lists, etc.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I have, with varying degrees of seriousness, looked into teaching high school in Ohio or Pennsylvania when I quit building motorcars in the next year or two. Sadly, even for courses in basic consumer finance, business or economic principles as they affect the daily lives of people I am considered by the state to be unqualified, because despite having 3 graduate degrees in the subjects including a doctorate, I have not in the course of my studies taken 12 credit hours of education coourses.

So, okay, I'll go back to school for a semester. But no. No college I have found will just let me take the 12 hours of undergraduate courses in education, because I have that pesky doctorate. But they are all, every one, glad to talk to me about entering some level of getting a graduate degree in education.

Until then, despite being seriously considered for teaching jobs at the same institutions that won't let me take undergrad courses for credit, I am unqualified to teach below the college level. Unless I want to be a substitute teacher. Ohio will let me do that.

Knowing that, I will just assume that Floriduh will not let me teach just because I can read and do algebra.

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Gregg wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:50 am I have, with varying degrees of seriousness, looked into teaching high school in Ohio or Pennsylvania when I quit building motorcars in the next year or two. Sadly, even for courses in basic consumer finance, business or economic principles as they affect the daily lives of people I am considered by the state to be unqualified, because despite having 3 graduate degrees in the subjects including a doctorate, I have not in the course of my studies taken 12 credit hours of education coourses.

So, okay, I'll go back to school for a semester. But no. No college I have found will just let me take the 12 hours of undergraduate courses in education, because I have that pesky doctorate. But they are all, every one, glad to talk to me about entering some level of getting a graduate degree in education.

Until then, despite being seriously considered for teaching jobs at the same institutions that won't let me take undergrad courses for credit, I am unqualified to teach below the college level. Unless I want to be a substitute teacher. Ohio will let me do that.

Knowing that, I will just assume that Floriduh will not let me teach just because I can read and do algebra.
No guarantees in that regard, but have you tried Northern Arizona University? NAU had an excellent Teaching curriculum (or used to) and I seem to remember that they were more than happy to do post grad training. Maybe I'm wrong, but at least its a chance.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Gregg wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:45 pm Wait a minute, is that Ed Brown's place?
Yeah, that was the joke. I was struck by how well it matched your description.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

keith wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:34 pm Wait... isnt that part of the "core curriculum" Or what ever it was called thar Clinton was pushing?
Yeah, that was when government telling schools what to teach was bad. Funny how that's changed.
tek

Post by tek »

Baby Trump
d-2.jpg
d-2.jpg (91.1 KiB) Viewed 1324 times
Domenico

Post by Domenico »

It looks like he stoled that suit from a charity clothing bin.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Looks like he's trying for that Bloatfield physique.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Can’t wait to hear what Desantis has to say about why he likely just lost most or all of the $300 million from the Florida state employees pension fund that he has tied up in Russia. His spokesperson assures us we just have to wait for the market in Moscow to come back around.

So thousands of Florida teachers, police officers, firefighters, etc. have to hope that we can somehow get the money out of Russia that they invested in the Florida State Retirement System.? This fund is managed by Desantis and two other Republicans.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ron Desantis is asked about the Clarence/Ginni Thomas controversy: “The only thing I would say is, Clarence Thomas - greatest living Justice and one of the greatest public servants in America.”
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:sick: :crazy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Desantis gets sexual and biblical on the campaign trail: “Gird your loins for battle. We are going to fight. Put on the full armor of God. You take a stand against the Left’s schemes. Yeah, you’re gonna face flaming arrows.”
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

We have schemes? Is there a playbook? Hmmmm. Sometimes I wonder, like when my check is late or someone forgets to pass out the playbooks, whether they HAVE replaced Soros with a duplicate. The old Boss was never sloppy.

He is getting old, I grant you.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Ahhhhh yes....prep the rubes for a holy war....

The Second Civil War is on the horizon I fear...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”