Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
I keep myself solely to sweet gherkins, thankyouvermuch.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
filly

Post by filly »

Foggy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:39 am Yeah, but talking with ol' Wifehorn, she wants Trump charged, arrested, tried, and sentenced to prison. I agree that the facts would support a conviction (many convictions) if considered by a rational (and courageous) jury.

But I keep asking her, "How much political violence do you want in this great land of ours?"

Because the white supremacists are already boiling over the lid, as denizens of the Fogbow know only too also well. And they have their marching orders, direct from Trump himself, to "Stand back and stand by" or whatever it was. If he is seriously facing prison, he will tell them to rise up and rescue him, and what do you think will happen then?

It's a :pickle:
That is terrorism at its finest. Let me commit all the crimes I want or I will unleash my goons on you and there will be massive political violence.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I agree wholeheartedly, filly. We should prepare for the violence, and then do the right thing anyway.

We never will, though. I couldn't see Trump being elected in the first place, and I can't see anyone with both the ability and a serious intention to put him in prison.

I hope to be proved wrong, but this country is ready for french vanilla creamer, not political violence. We're too soft, and too set in our ways. :blackeye:

I'm just saying, whatever you do, look at it realistically. Don't think we can put Trump in prison without violence, but get ready for it beforehand.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:P :P
Danraft wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:00 am Nope. No pickles are on the table.
Besides, that fierce kosher pickle turned out to be a flaccid bread-and-butter pickle that we can dill with :biggrin:
:thumbsup:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:39 am Yeah, but talking with ol' Wifehorn, she wants Trump charged, arrested, tried, and sentenced to prison. I agree that the facts would support a conviction (many convictions) if considered by a rational (and courageous) jury.

But I keep asking her, "How much political violence do you want in this great land of ours?"

Because the white supremacists are already boiling over the lid, as denizens of the Fogbow know only too also well. And they have their marching orders, direct from Trump himself, to "Stand back and stand by" or whatever it was. If he is seriously facing prison, he will tell them to rise up and rescue him, and what do you think will happen then?

I think he should be tried, and if convicted any actual prison sentence for HIM and HIM ALONE be commuted. He's old and putting him in prison has 15 eleventy other problems and do we really wanna be that country? But I definitely wanted him sentenced if convicted. And sentence commuted which ain't a pardon by a longshot.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Or revive the Brits' old punishment of transportation.

But not to Australia, oh no. Definitely no. I believe Trump is a fan of Russia, send him there perhaps? Or to Ukraine, where he could also occupy himself finding eblidense of whatever it is he imagines Hunter Biden did - was it forge a birth certificate?
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Gregg wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:27 pm He's old and putting him in prison has 15 eleventy other problems and do we really wanna be that country?
That kind of depends. We already are the type of country that puts old people in prison for the rest of their natural lives. The question is really, do we want to be the kind of country that also does that to rich white famous guys, or only people that old white guys feel 'safer' if they are in jail.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I dunno. I hear Florence, Colorado is nice. Maybe he can effect a 1031 exchange by swapping one of his premier properties for that slice of real estate outside Florence with a breathtaking view of the Continental Divide. He'd even have a private room. Three squares a day prepared by the finest institutional chefs around--certainly better fare than his Quarter Pounders.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

If you can put Terry Trussel in prison you can put bloatfield in prison. You have had too much "this guy is too big to jail" in your country, and Financial fraud and sedition are crimes without a penalty at this point.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I was referring to putting a former President in prison. A little banana republicey for my taste. And as for being the country that puts old people in prison for the rest of their lives, I know we do, but I'm kind of hoping to work on that.

New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Gregg wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:27 pm

I think he should be tried, and if convicted any actual prison sentence for HIM and HIM ALONE be commuted. He's old and putting him in prison has 15 eleventy other problems and do we really wanna be that country? But I definitely wanted him sentenced if convicted. And sentence commuted which ain't a pardon by a longshot.
Either way, he's gonna be spending the rest of his life in court and in debt while the kids sell hunting knives and gold plated coins on QVC.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Gregg wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:41 pm I was referring to putting a former President in prison. A little banana republicey for my taste. And as for being the country that puts old people in prison for the rest of their lives, I know we do, but I'm kind of hoping to work on that.
What would George Washington have done???? :oldman:

with Donnie the attempted King of America... :torches:

I feel a swift trial followed by very public punishment.. that may or may not have involved quartering.. :whistle:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:09 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:41 pm I was referring to putting a former President in prison. A little banana republicey for my taste. And as for being the country that puts old people in prison for the rest of their lives, I know we do, but I'm kind of hoping to work on that.
What would George Washington have done???? :oldman:

with Donnie the attempted King of America... :torches:

I feel a swift trial followed by very public punishment.. that may or may not have involved quartering.. :whistle:

Either a short drop with a sudden stop or perhaps being made a head shorter. But those were different times, you didn't have to be a banana republic to execute former kings, ministers or presidents. For a while it was even a status symbol of first world nations.

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Since they let nixon off, nobody of significance has faced any sort of appropriate punishment.

Doing the right thing takes morals, something our congress has lacked for at least 50 years.

There's no moral reason why the members of congress that participated in this stupidity haven't been ejected and barred from further government participation in governance. They all need to be sent to Gitmo and left until they die.
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

John Thomas8 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:01 amSince they let nixon off, nobody of significance has faced any sort of appropriate punishment.
That's an insightful quote, as it defines my introduction to politics and our mutual interest in sports. Prior to the pardon, during the election, I wrote a note to George McGovern, donating $5 I had allocated for a baseball glove. Field of dreams.

He sent me a thank you note. I was just a little kid. That impressed me. We won our local seat, but I immediately resigned from politics, elected officials and the judicial system.

I got a real good baseball glove from this shop called Zayre so it worked out pretty good in the end.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

I was made to sit through the TV coverage of the congressional "watergate hearings".

That ended my belief America was the best.

It's gotten worse since then.
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

i watched them intently! It was like rooting for the Cubs. Lowell Weicker was a hero, a Republican!
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

busterbunker wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:31 am i watched them intently! It was like rooting for the Cubs. Lowell Weicker was a hero, a Republican!
Barbera Jordan was my favorite.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The criminal investigation into the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol has expanded to examine the preparations for the rally that preceded the riot, as the Justice Department aims to determine the full extent of any conspiracy to stop Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s election victory, according to people familiar with the matter.

In the past two months, a federal grand jury in Washington has issued subpoena requests to some officials in former president Donald Trump’s orbit who assisted in planning, funding and executing the Jan. 6 rally, said the people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

The development shows the degree to which the Justice Department investigation — which already involves more defendants than any other criminal prosecution in the nation’s history — has moved further beyond the storming of the Capitol to examine events preceding the attack.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... a-justice/
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

And this:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Court unseals another new Jan 6 case

Cale Clayton of Missouri, who allegedly yelled at police: “We are going to win. You don’t have enough for all of us. You might hit me once or twice.. might spray me with pepper spray. I don't give a f*"

"You guys are losing a lot of bodies"
Very touristy thing to do in the midst of legitimate political discourse. :faint:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: Justice Dept has reached plea agreements with two of the defendants accused of assaulting DC Police officer Michael Fanone on Jan 6, 2021

Kyle Young and Albuquerque Head
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sentencing TODAY in unique Jan 6 case of Lonnie Coffman. Let's see if Coffman is sentenced to further jail time....

Per plea deal, Coffman had the following in his pickup truck on Capitol ===>
A lot of gear for legitimate political discourse...
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

46 months in prison for Lonnie Coffman -

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

72 years old.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”