Russia Invades Ukraine

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Russia Invades Ukraine

Post by raison de arizona »

:crying:
► Show Spoiler
tfg, Tucker, the other Republicans that support this atrocity can all burn in hell with Putin. Please, soon.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:51 pm
Gregg wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:28 pm Why do I think she might accidently fall off a balcony tonight?

Also, when can we get someone to do the same thing on Tucker Carlson's show?
Good luck finding anyone at Goebbels News that has a moral compass....
Jennifer Griffin seems to have one. She's been doing some serious fact checking on things the anchors are saying and even some of the guests. I'm surprised she's still employed (at least she was last I heard....)
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:38 pm I like Russian music. Growing up, I heard the Soviet Army Chorus a lot. My dad loved them.

The inevitable Hitler meme was perfect!
So did I! My father had several Soviet Army Chorus albums, and also several Don Cossack albums. Played them endlessly.
raison de arizona

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:31 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:51 pm
Gregg wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:28 pm Why do I think she might accidently fall off a balcony tonight?

Also, when can we get someone to do the same thing on Tucker Carlson's show?
Good luck finding anyone at Goebbels News that has a moral compass....
Jennifer Griffin seems to have one. She's been doing some serious fact checking on things the anchors are saying and even some of the guests. I'm surprised she's still employed (at least she was last I heard....)
She kicks ass, I'm a fan. Although I too, am surprised she still has a job there.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:31 pm Jennifer Griffin seems to have one. She's been doing some serious fact checking on things the anchors are saying and even some of the guests. I'm surprised she's still employed (at least she was last I heard....)
She's employed there to get the audience mad. then she gets off the screen and the rest of the discussion "Destroys" her. That's the way that Fox has been doing things since 2000. That's what gets the dopamine rush of the audience and keeps them addicted. They get made mad and then they get to watch the 'Lib' get "destroyed." That's how they keep the audience hooked.
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Bingo.

I’m constantly amazed by how well you know American culture, mousie. :kiss:
raison de arizona

Been seeing this reported all day, but I wasn't sure if it was true so I refraining from posting. Looks like it is true though. The Russians targeted a theater serving as a bomb shelter for hundreds of civilians, killing who knows how many. Despicable. What's past despicable? Like, WAY past?

It was labeled "children."
Christoph Koettl @ckoettl wrote: The words “children” were written in Russian in large white letters in front of & behind the theater that was destroyed in #Mariupol today. These were added around March 12. Video posted on March 10 shows theater packed with sheltering families. @Maxar
https://nytimes.com/live/2022/03/16/wor ... -civilians
Asami Terajima @AsamiTerajima wrote: Russian forces dropped a massive bomb on a theater in besieged Mariupol, where hundreds of civilians were sheltered.

The word "children" had been written in Russian on the pavement outside the building, clearly visible from the sky.

It didn't mean anything to them.
raison de arizona

There is a special place in hell for these Russian soldiers, I hope they occupy it soon.
'Why? Why? Why?' Ukraine's Mariupol descends into despair
Horrible article, just horrible. I linked a quote from it earlier, but just got around to reading the full thing. Each paragraph builds on the last and makes it that much worse. There's just dead children, mass graves, no food, no water, and nowhere to go. I weep.
https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... 8d090e38e3
raison de arizona

Good, die you bastards. I gotta take a break from this, I'm losing it. Not even the convoy is calming me down anymore.
Jack Detsch @JackDetsch wrote: NEW: Russia has established a new field hospital in the town of Naroulia in Belarus, miles from Ukraine's border, & put additional troops, helicopters & engineering equipment nearby.

Local residents said morgues in the town had filled with 🇷🇺 troops killed in 🇺🇦

📷:@Maxar

Here is reporting on Russian troops killed in action filling up morgues in Belarus.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/kidnapped-ukr ... 00081.html
Kidnapped Ukrainian mayor freed in 'special operation,' officials say
No details but hopefully we'll eventually find out how it went down.

update: Marketwatch says it was a prisoner swap.
ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

That was really moving. Thank you for sharing it. I never quite know what to think of Arnold, but I appreciated his message after Jan 6, and I appreciate this message now. In these things, at least, he certainly seems to be trying to use his fame for good.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:13 am https://www.yahoo.com/gma/kidnapped-ukr ... 00081.html

That's what I heard on CNN too.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

The Kyiv Independent @KyivIndependent
⚡️130 survivors saved so far from ruins of Mariupol Drama Theater, which Russians hit with massive bomb on March 16.

The theater was known to house hundreds of women and children. Its bomb shelter reportedly survived the attack. The rescue efforts continue.
6:57 AM · Mar 17, 2022
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:29 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:13 am https://www.yahoo.com/gma/kidnapped-ukr ... 00081.html

That's what I heard on CNN too.
I wonder who was valuable enough to get the mayor back.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

Fedorov was exchanged for nine Russian soldiers, whom the Ukrainians say are “conscripts,” born between 2002 and 2003
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Hope Putin isn’t bringing them home to make examples of them.
ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Mr brolin wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:39 am Fedorov was exchanged for nine Russian soldiers, whom the Ukrainians say are “conscripts,” born between 2002 and 2003
The Russians wouldn’t say they are conscripts because there aren’t supposed to be any in that kind of action.
raison de arizona

Idiot finds out playing soldier boy in Ukraine isn't as fun as he envisioned it to be.
JJ MacNab @jjmacnab wrote: Boogaloo travels to Ukraine to join up the foreign fighters against Putin, freaks out, and then tries to escape to Poland.

He claims he dressed up as Red Cross to get into Poland. If true, he may have created a war crime.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Scaredy cat finds out real life is oh so different from LARP.
ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

I don't know why I feel compelled to bear witness to these atrocities, it's not doing any good. Horrifying video at link, i recommend skipping it, the words are enough.
Christo Grozev @christogrozev wrote: The last hospital in Mariupol, by @AP. All others were bombed out by Russia. People doctors can't save are lined up in the basement, including infants. It's the most heart wrenching footage of this war.
https://twitter.com/christogrozev/statu ... 1633378304

Chris Reason @ChrisReason7 wrote: Russia claims its only hitting military targets. What does the Kyiv Mayor say to that? "BULLSHIT!" he spits. A former boxing champion, Vitale Klitschko delivers knockout sound bites that get straight to the point. Feel free to share #Ukraine #Kyiv
raison de arizona

The picture, he's a child.
James Longman @JamesAALongman wrote: You rarely hear from mothers of Russian soldiers. This lady came up to us at an anti-war protest in Moscow, desperate for the safety of her 22 yr old son. She told us there were only 10 men left in his regiment. If there are voices Putin fears, it’s these
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Raison, one of the things my mom most often quoted was Donne’s “Any man’s death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind.”

We are all connected, she would say. We are one. I feel this strongly today, absurdly connected to the people of Ukraine and the mothers of Russia.

It’s not cool to the freaks on the right to have these sentiments. You’ve bought into the Deep State or something if you do.

Yeah, screw that. I’m human. You are too. We have to witness this godawful genocide, and grieve for each one. It’s so hard, but they deserve it.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Just finished a segment with the terrific
@biannagolodryga
where I described some of the things in the $800M package.

I know weapon systems can be confusing, so here's a bit of an explanation (plus another "bonus" NFZ comment at the end) 1/17
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”