I am F'n PISSED and Depressed and just plain fucking mad

sad-cafe

I am F'n PISSED and Depressed and just plain fucking mad

Post by sad-cafe »

I was so hopeful when Biden was elected and the entire world held a dance party.

But now we have fucking dotard constantly stirring up shit-

Putin killing the fucking world

SC trying to kill everyone by gutting Biden's very good plans to stop this f'n pandemic

two Ds trying to sabatage all the GOOD Biden is trying to do for EVERYONE not just us that voted for him

Dumbass convoys to make a name for themselves

Q-berts and pedophiles in congress

GEESH how much more

I am just so goddamn pissed and depressed and just mad as hell
Notaperson

Re: I don't know where to put this. I am F'n PISSED and Depressed and just plain fucking mad

Post by Notaperson »

Yeah, me too. I feel it every damn day. I'm more sad than pissed. And tired. Just damn sick and tired of it all.
sad-cafe

Re: I don't know where to put this. I am F'n PISSED and Depressed and just plain fucking mad

Post by sad-cafe »

yes

every damn day

teetering hourly~

and no one to talk to about it physically-hubby doesn't understand

family are repukes

ya'all are all I got
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

Right there with ya. Hugs.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:26 pm ya'all are all I got
Yes, but we're here for you. :bighug:
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

It's maddening, how since saint ronny the reich wing in this country have gone from vaguely annoying to the primary threat to the rest of us.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug: :bighug:
Come sit here by me. My existential angst can keep us warm while we plot the downfall of all the world’s déplorables. :bighug: :bighug:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

A thought popped forcefully into my head tonight as I was listening to a Pro Publication piece on how shitty Arizona treats its poorest - There’s no way in hell I will live in a state run by RW assholes, EVAR. I’m safe right now in California.

Unless something totally unexpected happens, America will be Balkanized. Maybe not in my lifetime, but all signs point in that direction.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

thank you

I live in red state hell and roger f'n marshall is one of my senators along with moran

and ron testes as my rep :crying:
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

We have cawthorn and freedom fries barr and that slimeball tillis.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I kinda know how we got here, but I just get so very discouraged that the Democrats cannot ever get anything done because they have to spend so much time cleaning up what the republicans have just done. That's not counting at least two turn coats in the party.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

Oh, goodie, I found a nice place for my depression! :bighug:

Biden is very knowledgeable, but there are limits on what he can do given the GQP's interest in destroying him instead of aiding the countries at risk. I doubt it would support a "Lend-Lease" program to aid the at risk countries. It wasn't easy for FDR, too. It took him a couple of years to get it underway.
https://www.fdrlibrary.org/lend-lease

And then there's the GQP's determination to create more poverty, more limitations on receiving medical help, and more racism. Oh I forgot - destroying public education.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:? Most very depressing. :(
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Well if it's any consolation, my city has been destroyed by so-called Progressive Democrats. Trumps in sheep's clothing. Machine politics. 50 shades of grift.

The only way to avoid disillusionment is to forsake all illusions, but that leads to a very austere existence. The suspension of disbelief is basic animal instinct.

Politics are a pendulum. One group pulls it this way, then the other group pulls it back. You get a Bush, you get a Clinton, you get another Bush, you get an Obama, you get a Trump and a Biden after that. You get a Ted Turner, you get a Rupert Murdoch. It's not where the pendulum is at, it's where it's moving next.

You should never walk into a room until you've located all the exits.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:42 pm thank you

I live in red state hell and roger f'n marshall is one of my senators along with moran

and ron testes as my rep :crying:
I'm there with you in that same red state - and I can totally relate to not having anyone physical to talk to about it. My husband will listen, but only for a little bit, and my caretaker doesn't really get it. This is pretty much the only place I have, too. The one plus I've got, though, is I'm in Sharice Davis' (sp?) district, but she's just one Dem in the sea of red.

Hang in there, ok?

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: I am F'n PISSED and Depressed and just plain fucking mad

Post by Foggy »

When the planet has gone bad, the only answer is to do something good.

And when hate is prevailing, the only answer is love.

Long term, the arc of history is toward progress. Look at the world today compared to the world I was born in.

When I was born, black people couldn't vote, most of them anyway. Lynchings were still popular in the South. Women couldn't have jobs or own property or make decisions about their own bodies. Child abuse was hidden and rarely prosecuted. Gays and lesbians were often killed for who they were. The right-wing controlled this great nation 100%, including the media. Literacy rates and deaths during childbirth were horror stories.

Yes, there were good things too, in the 1950s. But jeez, can you possibly argue it was a better world back then?

Seventy years from now, the planet will still have problems. You'll still be F'n PISSED and Depressed and just plain fucking mad. But overall, this will be a better world. History only moves in one direction.

The trick is to thrive and survive, even when the rest of the world is going to Helena Handbasket. I shall, on this glorious March morn, go do Dancing With Barbells, concentrating on my own health and forgetting the problems of the world for a few hours. It's enormously healing for me to lift a barbell a few thousand times in an hour class, and I have friends there now. And ol' Wifehorn and I are driving up to see my dad in Bathysphere or wherever it is on Wednesday morning, so I'm REALLY looking forward to that. That man is now NINETY FOUR. :shock:

I have suffered from severe depression in the past, y'all know that. I had to learn a few coping skills. Yes, being a part of this community is part of the answer too also. Here, on Fogbow, there are good people. REALLY good people.

My advice is, get out there and do something you like, that is fun and interesting and will take your mind off the troubles of the planet. Find some good people, out in the real world, and talk to them. There isn't much we can do about those troubles, anyway, whereas we can always do something about our own heads.

Just a thought ... :whistle:

:whisper: You put this in the right place, so I'm going to edit the title of the thread.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

*sigh* the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Here-- you said "dance party" -- election night Seattle 2008

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:16 am
My advice is, get out there and do something you like, that is fun and interesting and will take your mind off the troubles of the planet. Find some good people, out in the real world, and talk to them. There isn't much we can do about those troubles, anyway, whereas we can always do something about our own heads.

Just a thought ... :whistle:
And a good thought foo are able to get out and do stuff. Unfortunately, not all of us can, which - at least in my case - just exacerbates the depression in general.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Yes, lots of sad and depressing things happening right now, very sad. But when you're very sad sometimes you just need a laugh. I know of no human being that can watch this and not laugh. :bighug:
► Show Spoiler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I've avoided saying anything because I have to work with this daily with Mrs. It's painful for me to hear this from so many people. Like some of you, Mrs is pretty much house bound with too much time in her own head. She's caught in a vicious circle. It's self affirming and destructive and she needs to break the cycle. Sometimes my attempts to pull her off center are welcomed. Sometimes not. But, she does love to wrap herself in this blanket of gloom because it brings some kind of comfort.

Keeping her socialized has worked the best. I may be her constant friend, but I am a diet of bread and water compared to the buffet of people out there. My evil plan of having weekly Sunday dinners has helped her and our neighbors all through covid. It's an imperfect solution. She needs more interaction with other people. I haven't figured out how to accomplish that.

Yet.

Believe me, I am pure evil, and will find a way to get more people into her life even if I have to bring the mountain to Mohammed.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

You're a good man, Bill
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:36 am You're a good man, Bill
Thank you Kris. I was trying hard to express empathy to all yall, and not be finger wagging. I see you. I hear you. I get it. But, all I can offer from here is to cheer you on to the next day. It's not much.

I'm not especially inspirational or diplomatic, and Mrs hates it when I use my Daddy voice. ie: Paternalistic. She just wants to smack me. She's not a baby. But, later on she remembers that in her moments of greatest stress, I have to be in a place where I can best serve both of us.

If I drop my emotions and sound like I'm taking your burger order at the drive up, I am preserving me to help her. Or you. Or anyone. I've gotten very practiced at it, and can turn it on and off in a second. I can freak out afterwards.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

For Kriselda, who can't get out much, how about something like 21 groups (on Goodreads) that like Norse Mythology?

'Course, that's not the result of an extensive search, just a suggestion for a starting point.

I'm gonna stop offering advice now, bill_g is much better at this sort of thing than I am.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Foggy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:59 am For Kriselda, who can't get out much, how about something like 21 groups (on Goodreads) that like Norse Mythology?

'Course, that's not the result of an extensive search, just a suggestion for a starting point.

I'm gonna stop offering advice now, bill_g is much better at this sort of thing than I am.
It's a muscle that gets stronger with exercise Foggy.

I got stories. Some were told on FGv1. Most not.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

bill_g wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:49 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:36 am You're a good man, Bill
Thank you Kris. I was trying hard to express empathy to all yall, and not be finger wagging. I see you. I hear you. I get it. But, all I can offer from here is to cheer you on to the next day. It's not much.
It's more than you might think. Feeling seen and heard can help keep me from feeling invisible and useless, which I often do.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”