trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

Suranis wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:09 am Narcissists are filled with shame and afraid people will see how worthless they are. He took that map becasue people laughed at him over it.
In that case, a presidential library is probably a bad idea. There really aren't any records of his administration that aren't stupid and laughable. I'd suggest a Presidential Refrigerator Box Under A Freeway Overpass, but that might be a bit much to ask for ... :daydreaming:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:49 am Huh. I don’t think there was any plan at all. I think tfg probably just had his people box up everything that was sitting around, which included top secret documents because he’s a slob and doesn’t treat them with respect, nothing more. :shrug: I can’t imagine there was any cunning plan here.
My thinking is that's just under four boxes for each year of his maladministration. Seems there should be a lot more, even in a paperless society. Of course, he could have flushed most of it.*

*Why flush? Why not shred? Is shredding against regulations, but flushing isn't because who would have thought?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Then he wouldn't be able to complain at his rallies about toilets clogging. It's a sure-fire crowd pleaser.
ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sigh. I can't find a KAC thread here, it musta been on the old board.

Kellyanne claims Biden and Psaki have lost their credibility and says they have a fact problem
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:49 am Huh. I don’t think there was any plan at all. I think tfg probably just had his people box up everything that was sitting around, which included top secret documents because he’s a slob and doesn’t treat them with respect, nothing more. :shrug: I can’t imagine there was any cunning plan here.
Or maybe he does...
CunningPlan2.gif
CunningPlan2.gif (118.64 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:15 am Sigh. I can't find a KAC thread here, it musta been on the old board.

Kellyanne claims Biden and Psaki have lost their credibility and says they have a fact problem
They don't know how to use alternative facts, is that a problem?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:25 am
Suranis wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:09 am Narcissists are filled with shame and afraid people will see how worthless they are. He took that map becasue people laughed at him over it.
In that case, a presidential library is probably a bad idea. There really aren't any records of his administration that aren't stupid and laughable. I'd suggest a Presidential Refrigerator Box Under A Freeway Overpass, but that might be a bit much to ask for ... :daydreaming:

If he ever does grift enough money to build a Presidential Library, it will not be heavy on documents. It will be a museum of his greatness. There will be videos of his speeches, his inaugural address, his interviews on Fox News. There will be lots of photos of him with world leaders, like Putin, Kim Jong Un and other despots.

And, of course, there will be a gift shop where visitors can buy overpriced Trump memorabilia.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The Presidential Library part is actually just a special office of the National Archives where all the executive branch records for those four years will be kept, and it will be quite a substantial thing that only a few historians and researchers ever use. They have, in the last century, had attached to the library a Museum of their administration that has a lot of stuff that belongs to the government, too but is loaned for display, a lot of stuff donated by people and institutions usually built and supported by private non profit foundations. JFKs is the largest, and there is some obscure law that changed that made it a bad financial move to build larger than a certain size and that makes it unlikely they will ever build one any bigger than that.

Truman's museum has a lot of neat stuff, notably the huge round table around which the United Nations Charter was signed, Ike's is full of WWII memorabilia , not surprising since he always considered himself a General of the Army first and the President thing a kind of side gig he did.
One thing theses foundations have been useful for is as a way to give the ex President an income and a budget. Now they all go on book tours and the speaker circuit and make bank but there was a time when Truman getting $21,000 a year salary as an employee of his foundation was something he needed to live on. (Also, his needing it s bad was why they finally passed a Presidential Pension act which I think now they ought to repeal)

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

That said, Trump's museum will probably get stuck on some piece of real estate somewhere that he owns or controls so he can charge above market rent. His archive no, because some grift fund he sets up for his "Library" might go along with using it to funnel a few million bucks into his pocket, the National Archives is almost surely going to insist they own the land under the building and they ain't go put it in the Trump Tower Lobby where all that retail space used to be before they all bailed because his name ruined the location.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

He can try that. This administration might not play along.
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Gregg wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:18 pm The Presidential Library part is actually just a special office of the National Archives where all the executive branch records for those four years will be kept, and it will be quite a substantial thing that only a few historians and researchers ever use. They have, in the last century, had attached to the library a Museum of their administration that has a lot of stuff that belongs to the government, too but is loaned for display, a lot of stuff donated by people and institutions usually built and supported by private non profit foundations. JFKs is the largest, and there is some obscure law that changed that made it a bad financial move to build larger than a certain size and that makes it unlikely they will ever build one any bigger than that.

Truman's museum has a lot of neat stuff, notably the huge round table around which the United Nations Charter was signed, Ike's is full of WWII memorabilia , not surprising since he always considered himself a General of the Army first and the President thing a kind of side gig he did.
One thing theses foundations have been useful for is as a way to give the ex President an income and a budget. Now they all go on book tours and the speaker circuit and make bank but there was a time when Truman getting $21,000 a year salary as an employee of his foundation was something he needed to live on. (Also, his needing it s bad was why they finally passed a Presidential Pension act which I think now they ought to repeal)
I get the feeling sometimes that nobody ever reads what I post. Please note the date posted:
Azastan wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:30 pm Since we are talking about presidential libraries, I'm going to throw out some statistics. The largest library in terms of physical size is the John F. Kennedy Library. It's a YUUUUUGGGGEEEEE building, consisting of 166,573 gross square feet on 13 acres.

It is followed closely by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum building consisting of 147,400 gross square feet on 29 acres.

The smallest Library in size is the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum at 47,169 square feet.

Interestingly, a library the size of the JFK or Reagan libraries is probably not going to happen in the future, because although not specifically limiting the size of Presidential Libraries, the Presidential Libraries Act of 1986 mandates that Library foundations must provide an endowment to NARA upon acceptance of the Library facility by the Archivist of the United States. The size of this endowment is based in part on the size of the facility.

The requirement of a significant increase in the endowment for facilities over 70,000 square feet has had the practical effect of limiting the size of newer Libraries to less than 70,000 square feet.

Since TFG won't be able to brag about his library being the biggest, one may never get built.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:23 pm That said, Trump's museum will probably get stuck on some piece of real estate somewhere that he owns or controls so he can charge above market rent. His archive no, because some grift fund he sets up for his "Library" might go along with using it to funnel a few million bucks into his pocket, the National Archives is almost surely going to insist they own the land under the building and they ain't go put it in the Trump Tower Lobby where all that retail space used to be before they all bailed because his name ruined the location.
Will he even want a museum tract? He would have to give up his iphone to be displayed, with a rerun of all his tweets :biggrin:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:35 pm Cannot vouch for truth if this. If anyone is interested I’ll try to find the thread and post it. I’m currently in line at Costco.

I read a Twitter thread the other day by an anti-chekist (sp?) about tfg, Putin, and windmills. He is convinced that tfg is mad like a milner, with a touch of dementia.

The only thing Russia really has going for it is it’s gas and oil reserves. Putin hates green energy because it threatens the one bargaining chip he has for remaining on the world stage. Before he invaded in 2014, they cut power to the 5300 windmill energy grid in Ukraine and the country was helpless before their advancing army. In one of their early meetings Putin explained this to tfg and now it pops up unbidden when he’s asked about Ukraine. He can’t help himself.

Windmills are bad, Putin told him so. He can’t quite grasp more than that but every once in a while this thought floats up and comes out his mouth.
Is this the story you are recalling?

He goes on this diatribe about windmills, and the underlying reason has to do with one of his golf course ventures in Scotland from the '00s when he objected to their construction. The Scottish government erected them anyway.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/10/politics ... index.html
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Probably this.
Donald Trump and Russia's Vladimir Putin Have the Same Problem with Wind Power: 'How Many Birds Die?''

Russian President Vladimir Putin and President Donald Trump have for years shared the same concern that birds were being killed en masse by wind turbines.

Putin said on Tuesday that "we in Russia are hit the hardest" by the effects of climate change, noting that the temperature in his country was growing "2.5 times faster" than the global average. Speaking at the second Global Manufacturing and Industrialisation Summit in the Russian city of Yekaterinburg, the Russian leader asserted that this could not be an excuse to curb technological progress in favor of "absolutist, blind faith in simple, showy but not effective solutions" such "as the total rejection of nuclear or hydrocarbon energy" or "going all in on existing alternative energy sources alone."

"Will it be comfortable to live on a planet covered in fences of wind turbines and several layers of solar batteries? As they say, it's like sweeping the rubbish under the rug instead of just cleaning the house," Putin said.

"Everybody knows that wind power is good, but is anyone thinking about the birds? How many birds die? They shake the ground so much that the worms crawl out. This is not a joke, really, it is a serious side-effect of these modern modes of energy generation. I am not saying it should not be developed, of course it should, but let's not forget the related problems," he added.

While Putin and his officials have generally been more open to recognizing environmental issues than Trump, who once called climate change a "hoax," the Russian president has at least since 2010 warned that wind turbines "kill birds" and cause worms or even moles to emerge from the ground.
:snippity:
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-putin-wi ... ds-1448329
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Like either one cares a carp about nature.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

And with apologies to Foggy:

The primary cause of bird deaths is cats. :bag:

The secondary cause of bird deaths is buildings.

I think windmills are about fourth or fifth on the list.

I don't have the information handy, but I participated in an online discussion about this very thing about four years ago, and the information presented clearly indicated that avian death from windmills was not a significant amount.

Those windmills are pretty gosh darn high in the sky. Most passerine birds do not fly anywhere near that high except in migration. I believe that most of the avian deaths by windmills were with raptors who soared at those elevations. Besides, those windmills are frequently in rather hostile locations like deserts or poor open ground and they do not run 24/7.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Azastan wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:44 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:18 pm The Presidential Library part is actually just a special office of the National Archives where all the executive branch records for those four years will be kept, and it will be quite a substantial thing that only a few historians and researchers ever use. They have, in the last century, had attached to the library a Museum of their administration that has a lot of stuff that belongs to the government, too but is loaned for display, a lot of stuff donated by people and institutions usually built and supported by private non profit foundations. JFKs is the largest, and there is some obscure law that changed that made it a bad financial move to build larger than a certain size and that makes it unlikely they will ever build one any bigger than that.

I get the feeling sometimes that nobody ever reads what I post. Please note the date posted:
Azastan wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:30 pm Since we are talking about presidential libraries, I'm going to throw out some statistics. The largest library in terms of physical size is the John F. Kennedy Library. It's a YUUUUUGGGGEEEEE building, consisting of 166,573 gross square feet on 13 acres.

It is followed closely by the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum building consisting of 147,400 gross square feet on 29 acres.

The smallest Library in size is the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum at 47,169 square feet.

Interestingly, a library the size of the JFK or Reagan libraries is probably not going to happen in the future, because although not specifically limiting the size of Presidential Libraries, the Presidential Libraries Act of 1986 mandates that Library foundations must provide an endowment to NARA upon acceptance of the Library facility by the Archivist of the United States. The size of this endowment is based in part on the size of the facility.

The requirement of a significant increase in the endowment for facilities over 70,000 square feet has had the practical effect of limiting the size of newer Libraries to less than 70,000 square feet.

Since TFG won't be able to brag about his library being the biggest, one may never get built.

Your post is where I got the part of mine about not gonna be another because some obscure tax thing. Also, source for JFK library being the biggest.

The distinction between the "library" which is the National Archives and as such Federal Government, and the almost always adjacent Museum which are Private Foundations I knew, I think I remember a tour guide explaining that at Ike's Museum in Abilene when I was a kid.

Although I have to say that 167,000 sq ft isn't that big a building to me. The main building I work in is 2.3 million sq ft, Livonia is 2.5 million sq ft and Kentucky Truck Plant where Super Dutys are built has two main buildings, the "little one" is 1.8 million sq ft and the "main building" is 4.9 million sq ft. :mrgreen: :blissy: I walk a lot at work, although I usually use a golf cart.

Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Gregg wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:40 pm

Although I have to say that 167,000 sq ft isn't that big a building to me. The main building I work in is 2.3 million sq ft, Livonia is 2.5 million sq ft and Kentucky Truck Plant where Super Dutys are built has two main buildings, the "little one" is 1.8 million sq ft and the "main building" is 4.9 million sq ft. :mrgreen: :blissy: I walk a lot at work, although I usually use a golf cart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_Everett_Factory
raison de arizona

YouTube pulled tfg’s latest interview for election misinformation :lol: It’s just like Russia! (BTW it is still up on Apple and Spotify :roll: )
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Azastan wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:15 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:40 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_Everett_Factory
Beat me to it Madam :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:17 am YouTube pulled tfg’s latest interview for election misinformation :lol: It’s just like Russia! (BTW it is still up on Apple and Spotify :roll: )
If only he had some right wing nutter social media company...run by on the best people...that he could get that vid out to... :think:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:59 am
raison de arizona wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:17 am YouTube pulled tfg’s latest interview for election misinformation :lol: It’s just like Russia! (BTW it is still up on Apple and Spotify :roll: )
If only he had some right wing nutter social media company...run by on the best people...that he could get that vid out to... :think:
One that only gave us cold hard Правда or something.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

“Is that your daughter? You have a good looking daughter.”
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

At least he left the hubba hubba part out.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

bill_g wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:53 am At least he left the hubba hubba part out.
Yeah, but probably sent one of his guys ask if she's 18. From everything we know about his past he wouldn't let any good looking woman get past him without at least trying.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”