Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

American Peoples Convoy Protest

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: American Peoples Convoy Protest

Post by raison de arizona »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:35 pm Worth the watch to see the full insanity of these people
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... -njCwfzTPA
Watched the whole thing, wow, that is an awful lot of crazy. I actually feel bad for some of them. Sort of.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Cruz does the Tube Snake Boogey.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Doesn’t look like the ‘People’s Convoy’ is leaving MD any time soon. Probably waiting for JFK Jr to show up.

Guy at People’s Convoy in Trump/Kennedy shirt says Putin is “a good guy,” and when he handed Trump the soccer ball at presser, it “had so much info in it to take down everybody that Putin’s been getting all the intel on for years. It had a lot of data.” From Andrew Callaghan.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The People's Convoy is growing increasingly upset with Beltway drivers, so much so that organizer Brian Brase told truckers tonight they could escalate their complaints about commuters being "bad actor" by "flood[ing] 911." "DC traffic does not like us," he said.
raison de arizona

They are going to flood 911 because people are flipping them off? Good luck with that.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Not terribly bright IMHO.
raison de arizona

It never fails to amaze, all the crap they talk and then someone flips them off and they react like a bunch of little baby snowflakes calling 911.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

People’s Convoy Leader Urges Truckers to ‘Flood 911!’ After Beltway Drivers Give Them Middle Fingers
The lead organizer of the People’s Convoy on Thursday evening suggested to frustrated truckers that they “flood 911” with calls amid increasing tensions with Beltway commuters. “The point is, as I understand, that it can get difficult; you’re talking about a lot of people. You’re talking about a big convoy,” organizer Brian Brase said. “And you’re talking about areas that simply do not like us.” He continued: “Remember if you got a bad actor, you got somebody acting dumb... #77 with the mile marker and report the vehicle!” The crowd then shouted back at the convoy leader, claiming Maryland State Police weren’t answering their calls. “Didn’t answer,” a trucker yelled. “If they don’t take care of it, then we’ll just flood 911,” Brase responded to a cheer from the crowd. “So they can answer the phone tomorrow or enjoy 911 calls. How about that!” Reached for comment by The Daily Beast, a Maryland State Police communications official said: “They certainly do not go unanswered. That is for sure.” The official added that the 911 number “should be reserved for emergency use only.” (The official confirmed that a driver flipping a trucker off is not an emergency.)

On Thursday, a trucker said of their daily Beltway laps that metro commuters continue to flip them off. “We go around the Beltway—birds are flying,” the driver said. “Birds are flying everywhere.”
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

LM K wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:02 pm People’s Convoy Leader Urges Truckers to ‘Flood 911!’ After Beltway Drivers Give Them Middle Fingers
The lead organizer of the People’s Convoy on Thursday evening suggested to frustrated truckers that they “flood 911” with calls amid increasing tensions with Beltway commuters. “The point is, as I understand, that it can get difficult; you’re talking about a lot of people. You’re talking about a big convoy,” organizer Brian Brase said. “And you’re talking about areas that simply do not like us.” He continued: “Remember if you got a bad actor, you got somebody acting dumb... #77 with the mile marker and report the vehicle!” The crowd then shouted back at the convoy leader, claiming Maryland State Police weren’t answering their calls. “Didn’t answer,” a trucker yelled. “If they don’t take care of it, then we’ll just flood 911,” Brase responded to a cheer from the crowd. “So they can answer the phone tomorrow or enjoy 911 calls. How about that!” Reached for comment by The Daily Beast, a Maryland State Police communications official said: “They certainly do not go unanswered. That is for sure.” The official added that the 911 number “should be reserved for emergency use only.” (The official confirmed that a driver flipping a trucker off is not an emergency.)

On Thursday, a trucker said of their daily Beltway laps that metro commuters continue to flip them off. “We go around the Beltway—birds are flying,” the driver said. “Birds are flying everywhere.”
Think - "moving traffic" - :cantlook: :brickwallsmall: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
filly

Post by filly »

Just guessing here but I suspect that conspiring to overload the 911 system in Maryland is a crime, and actually doing so is another crime.
tek

Post by tek »

I have a feeling none of these eedjits have ever actually driven the beltway before.

I'm sure they are getting the same treatment that I'd get for blocking traffic and being assholes.

open up those weigh stations.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

tek wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:04 pm I have a feeling none of these eedjits have ever actually driven the beltway before.

I'm sure they are getting the same treatment that I'd get for blocking traffic and being assholes.

open up those weigh stations.
Are the dizzy truckers pulling trailers? The tractor part with no trailer loads don't have to go through the weigh stations here even if they're open so it wouldn't affect them anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Gosh, giving the finger to the truckers is ... it's almost like it's designed to hurt their delicate fee-fees.

That's mean, and mean people suck.

Oh wait, the truckers suck even worse. Wait a minute.

Wait a minute here. You came here to annoy the people who normally drive on the Beltway every day, amirite?

You came here for the specific purpose of pissing those people off. Right?

And now your feelings are terribly hurt because those drivers actually DID get pissed off, meaning you were sort of kind of almost a little bit successful, but you don't like that either so you have to call #77 or 911 or ANYTHING AT ALL?

Why don't you cheer and laugh, and pretend you won? If people are flipping the bird, your goals are met and you can go home now, instead of crying like little babies.

Jeez, these people make me ashamed to be an American driver. :cantlook:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

I get the distinct impression that these 'truckers' felt they would be met as heroes, not greeted with uplifted middle fingers.

Must have come as a bit of a distinct shock, eh?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

But they came to slow down traffic and cause disruption and WTF were they thinking, they'd be greeted as heroes?

That's CRAZY. They came to piss people off, and now their feelings are hurt because people are pissed off.

I keep telling you, I am stuck in the WRONG UNIVERSE. Nothing makes sense anymore. I wish Greta Thunberg hadn't started the war in Ukraine, too. :crazy:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:33 pm But they came to slow down traffic and cause disruption and WTF were they thinking, they'd be greeted as heroes?

Probably. These morons are usually convinced that THEY and ONLY THEY are the true voice of the people and that the vast majority of the population agrees with them. It is only the corrupt deep state and fake news outlets that are spreading false information about them.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Azastan wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:26 pm I get the distinct impression that these 'truckers' felt they would be met as heroes, not greeted with uplifted middle fingers.

Must have come as a bit of a distinct shock, eh?
They do believe they're heroes. In the below video (it's brief), the trucker expresses surprise about the poor welcome the convoy has received. 'Cause the convoy is doing this for all Americans!

But this makes sense. MAGA has been lining the streets and highways to support the convoy. Truckers are regularly called heroes by the MAGAs. Hell, some have asked truckers to sign their American flag.

But the truckers have overestimated the size of the MAGA movement. Thus ... expressions of distain by DC drivers surprises them.

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Sixteen year old Ukrainian girls are stealing Russian tanks and killing Russian soldiers.

I like heroes. I get to decide who I think are heroes, though.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:16 pm Gosh, giving the finger to the truckers is ... it's almost like it's designed to hurt their delicate fee-fees.

That's mean, and mean people suck.

Oh wait, the truckers suck even worse. Wait a minute.

Wait a minute here. You came here to annoy the people who normally drive on the Beltway every day, amirite?

You came here for the specific purpose of pissing those people off. Right?

And now your feelings are terribly hurt because those drivers actually DID get pissed off, meaning you were sort of kind of almost a little bit successful, but you don't like that either so you have to call #77 or 911 or ANYTHING AT ALL?

Why don't you cheer and laugh, and pretend you won? If people are flipping the bird, your goals are met and you can go home now, instead of crying like little babies.

Jeez, these people make me ashamed to be an American driver. :cantlook:
I stole that
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:lol:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

They need to get some perspective on how much of America they are.

They areas a movement as much of America as they are as a convoy of the traffic on the beltway.

They're getting flipped off a lot more than they see.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:03 pm

:lol:
That's just fucking pathetic. One guy claps three or four times, and another directs him to stand up on the trailer so the "YUGE CROWD" of about 8 people can see him. There were more photographers there than people greeting him.

Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I hope they freeze their whiny asses off. :pray:

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/ ... odtomorrow
Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 15-24-08 Hagerstown, MD Hourly Weather Forecast Weather Underground.png
Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 15-24-08 Hagerstown, MD Hourly Weather Forecast Weather Underground.png (98.36 KiB) Viewed 532 times
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

But did they ever return,
No, they never returned,
And their fate is still unlearned.
They may drive forever 'round the DC Beltway,
They're the fools who never returned.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I used to view truckers as actual heroes. My dad would talk about truckers being the best drivers on the road.

Once, in the Berkshires at midnight, I was driving my brother’s friend in my parents’ Country Squire station wagon to visit my brother at Shaker Village camp. We ran out of gas at the top of a mountain pass…you know what that meant back then - power steering and brakes are gone. We’re barreling down this pitch-dark, windy mountain road mostly out of control. Got the hazards on, blaring the horn at every blind turn, praying we can at least stay on the road. We passed an 18 wheeler, careening around him.

Around a few turns the road started to flatten a bit but oh no there’s a big truck angled across the road… and another, and another, gently guiding us to the runaway truck ramp, four trucks in all, which stopped us dead. They all came running, let me sob hysterically on their shoulders, put gas in the tank, and bought us breakfast at the gas station diner down the road.

That first truck had radioed ahead to organize it in, like, three minutes.

Heroes.

Return to “Current Politics”