Sanctions and Support

pipistrelle

Re: Sanctions and Support

Post by pipistrelle »

They kill women in labor and newborns. We save them.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:21 am Hope they like flying domestically with their stolen planes.
It'll be fun to see how they cope with the lack of spare parts. Even more fun, they're not going to do well because the maintenance manuals are all hosted in the cloud, and we turned off access to them. There are no paper manuals any longer. Maintenance logs are also online. So the lessors and manufacturers will know that a plane has been flown without proper maintenance, which will destroy the resale value for each plane that doesn't have certified maintenance. And the Russian carriers will be liable for that. If they don't pay the lessors, good luck buying any airplanes from the west in the future.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Terry Gross’s interview today with Masha Gessen, Russian -American writer for New Yorker, is stellar. I’m out and about will try to link later.

I appreciate terrys comment at the beginning of the interview: Masha Gessen goes by the pronouns they/them.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:50 pm Terry Gross’s interview today with Masha Gessen, Russian -American writer for New Yorker, is stellar. I’m out and about will try to link later.

I appreciate terrys comment at the beginning of the interview: Masha Gessen goes by the pronouns they/them.
Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup: . Will give a listen when I get a chance later.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:58 pm If they don't pay the lessors, good luck buying any airplanes from the west in the future.
How the hell are they going to pay? With rubles worth less than 5% what they were worth before the war? With money the billionaires stole from the army and the general treasury? With loans from any other country in the civilized world? By selling oil nobody will buy? No, wait, if they sell any oil the billionaires will steal that money too.

They probably can't even pay for the spare parts you mention. I can't see them ever paying what the lessors will want in order to ever sell another plane to a Russian again. The planes will fly for a little while, and then one will crash, and then they'll all be left on airfields to rot.

Or not, of course. :shrug:
far beyond ... far beyond ...
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:58 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:21 am Hope they like flying domestically with their stolen planes.
It'll be fun to see how they cope with the lack of spare parts. Even more fun, they're not going to do well because the maintenance manuals are all hosted in the cloud, and we turned off access to them. There are no paper manuals any longer. Maintenance logs are also online. So the lessors and manufacturers will know that a plane has been flown without proper maintenance, which will destroy the resale value for each plane that doesn't have certified maintenance. And the Russian carriers will be liable for that. If they don't pay the lessors, good luck buying any airplanes from the west in the future.
Nobody will notice the dip in Aeroflot reliability.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
raison de arizona

:rotflmao:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:07 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:45 pm
The Board of FIFe feels it cannot just witness these atrocities and do nothing, so it decided that as of 01.03.2022:
● No cat bred in Russia may be imported and registered in any FIFe pedigree book outside Russia, regardless of, which organization issued its pedigree.
● No cat belonging to exhibitors living in Russia may be entered at any FIFe show outside Russia, regardless of, which organization these exhibitors hold their membership in.
These restrictions are valid until 31.05.2022 and will be reviewed as and when necessary.
http://www1.fifeweb.org/wp/news/
I just hope that this doesn't result in any harm to cats whose breeders may now consider them valueless if they can't sell or show them...

My daughter's Frenchie has a Ukrainian passport
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm glad he's our president.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

sad-cafe wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:01 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:07 pm
I just hope that this doesn't result in any harm to cats whose breeders may now consider them valueless if they can't sell or show them...

My daughter's Frenchie has a Ukrainian passport
There's a well-known Arabian breeder who also breeds Pembroke Welsh Corgis, many of which have sires/dams imported from Russia.

I've been wondering if AKC, UKC, and any other registries will be banning the showing and registration of Russian-bred dogs.
raison de arizona

Azastan wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:39 am There's a well-known Arabian breeder who also breeds Pembroke Welsh Corgis, many of which have sires/dams imported from Russia.

I've been wondering if AKC, UKC, and any other registries will be banning the showing and registration of Russian-bred dogs.
An Update on AKC and the Crisis in Ukraine
By Jessica Rice
Mar 10, 2022 | 1 Minute

The American Kennel Club is opposed to the ongoing crisis in the Ukraine. In solidarity with the Ukrainian people, effective immediately, judges from the Russian Federation will not be approved to judge at AKC sanctioned events. Additionally, new requests for imported dog registrations (AKC Foreign Registration) from the Russian Kennel Federation will be denied effective immediately.

We continue to explore options to provide assistance to the Ukrainian people and their pets during this crisis.

The AKC and AKC Reunite have donated $25,000 to Equiwent https://www.equiwent.org/, a German organization with operations in Poland and Romania. Equiwent is assisting in the humanitarian effort by helping with the Ukrainian refugees and their pets. Clubs and fanciers may donate to the cause by using this Equiwent link.

In addition the AKC Store is also selling “Peace for Ukraine” apparel with all proceeds going to Casa lui Patrocle animal rescue, located 25 miles outside of the Ukraine offering shelter, veterinary care and emergency assistance to anyone crossing the border with pets. This fundraiser will remain active for the entire month of March. To date, $15,000 is being donated.
https://www.akc.org/press-releases/upda ... s-ukraine/
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:56 am
Azastan wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:39 am There's a well-known Arabian breeder who also breeds Pembroke Welsh Corgis, many of which have sires/dams imported from Russia.

By Jessica Rice
Mar 10, 2022 | 1 Minute

The American Kennel Club is opposed to the ongoing crisis in the Ukraine. In solidarity with the Ukrainian people, effective immediately, judges from the Russian Federation will not be approved to judge at AKC sanctioned events. Additionally, new requests for imported dog registrations (AKC Foreign Registration) from the Russian Kennel Federation will be denied effective immediately.

We continue to explore options to provide assistance to the Ukrainian people and their pets during this crisis.

The AKC and AKC Reunite have donated $25,000 to Equiwent https://www.equiwent.org/, a German organization with operations in Poland and Romania. Equiwent is assisting in the humanitarian effort by helping with the Ukrainian refugees and their pets. Clubs and fanciers may donate to the cause by using this Equiwent link.

In addition the AKC Store is also selling “Peace for Ukraine” apparel with all proceeds going to Casa lui Patrocle animal rescue, located 25 miles outside of the Ukraine offering shelter, veterinary care and emergency assistance to anyone crossing the border with pets. This fundraiser will remain active for the entire month of March. To date, $15,000 is being donated.
Well, at least the AKC is (and her dogs are registered with the AKC).

There are several charities set up for assisting people with their horses. They have not forgotten what happened with Russians and horses during World War II.

Many Arabian breeders still mourn the loss of several foundation Arabians which went missing or died during forced marchs, either to escape the Russians, or because the Russians captured them and moved them to Russia.

General Patton not only rescued the Lipizzanners of the Spanish Riding School, he incidently rescued over 100 purebred Arabians.

https://www.historynet.com/patton-rescu ... stallions/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Russian lies. Need stronger sanctions.

Lani

Post by Lani »

:snippity:
By Jessica Rice
Mar 10, 2022 | 1 Minute

:snippity:

Here's the link for the "Peace for Ukraine" apparel: https://shop.akc.org/collections/gifts-for-humans
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

So, how long before Putin can't make payroll for his soldiers? How long before the bread lines form in the cities? How long before there are fuel shortages?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Also too, what happens when Putin has repairs made to the commercial airliners using only genuine Russian parts (and mechanics)?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

We've heard of all the countries and corporations that are squeezing Russia. Which ones of prominence are are still licking Putin's footwear?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Watch, this will turn Russia’s youth against Putin.
Good move! :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Can they get Playstation 5s in Russia? We sure as hell can't get them here, unless you want to pay black market prices. And I've been trying. I have the 2, 3 and 4 (with VR). That said, I say stop all video game and console sales for just that very reason. Are you paying attention Nintendo and Microsoft?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Russian Invasion of Ukraine”