January 6 Select Committee

bob

Re: January 6 Select Committee

Post by bob »

"Historic" doesn't mean wrong, Herr Doctor. :fingerwag:

Too also: Klayman still brags about how he got Lamberth to say the Big Dawg was a crook. (A finding overruled on appeal, but still.)

Bonus:

I expect Judge Carter will not be impressed by this "NO, YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER!" attempted counterattack.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

You mean you're calling Trump a crook?

NIXON: ...because people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook. I've earned everything I've got.

But his guy, people are saying he's better at crime, he's the best crimer, I mean, he does crime like no one has ever seen. People come up to me, big burly men, tears in their eyes, and say "Dick, you're not any kind of crook next to this guy" and they're right.

Richard Nixon

(paraphrasing)

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
tek

Post by tek »

"Were this Court to sustain the [committee's] claims, it may be the first formal finding of Presidential criminality by a federal court in US history."
yeah, and?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:25 am
tek wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:07 am Are you getting stuck at the "see what's happening" login dialog box?

If that's the problem, you can just click "sign up" then x out of the sign-up dialog.. then you'll be able to continue reading.
That doesn't always work for me.
Recently Twitter got obnoxious and pu the nag screen up for good, so now i have one of my anonymour yahoo email connected, and while it wanted to have me follow a friend the WH got removed after getting the account.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I got suspended for something I actually thought was kind of mild but against MTG so I think a bunch of howler monkeys attacked me. I couldn't even get them to point out what I said that violated TOS, and I tried setting up a new account with another e-mail but I had to send a confirmation from my phone, which was attached to the old account and I was immediately banned again.

Phuck 'em. Their loss.

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:18 pm
tek wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:07 am Are you getting stuck at the "see what's happening" login dialog box?

If that's the problem, you can just click "sign up" then x out of the sign-up dialog.. then you'll be able to continue reading.
Recently Twitter got obnoxious and pu the nag screen up for good, so now i have one of my anonymour yahoo email connected, and while it wanted to have me follow a friend the WH got removed after getting the account.
Ah. Thx. I have avoided the Twit box to keep my footprint small. I prefer it that way.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

bill_g wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:26 pm

Ah. Thx. I have avoided the Twit box to keep my footprint small. I prefer it that way.
There's a workaround for a lot of twitter obnoxiousness. If you look at a typical twit link you will see A statis number and then a "?" woth a lot of crap behind it. This is one I grabbed at random from another thread

https://twitter.com/TristanSnell/status ... _&ref_url=

Or broken up this would be

https ://twitter . com/TristanSnell/status/1499765764450131972 ? ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1499775564131061762%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=

Now if you click there you will only see 4 replies before it throws up a login box. BUT if you delete the ? and everything after it. the link will work fine.

IE

https://twitter.com/TristanSnell/status ... 4450131972

Or broken up o make it clearer

https: // twitter . com/TristanSnell/status/1499765764450131972

The stuff after the "?" is only used to track you and five information about where you linked from. Taking it out stymies their analytics and stops them blocking you. I typically cut that crap out as I hate twitter, which is how I figured this out. You literally wont notice any different apart from the lack of that obnoxious login box

I haven't figured out how to stop it popping up for looking at a persons personal page though :(

Edit: I encourage everyone to chop off the extra crap, namely the ? and beyond, on links posted to fogbow. The Tweet will still work fine but it will reduce server overhead, and fuck twitter.

I'm going to xpost this onto the tips thread.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic

Same. I used to be able to slither out of this, but finally had to build an account off a formerly little-used throw-away address which has now become my alternate sign-up address for thing while I live overseas. I predict that the cruft which will have accumulated on it by the time I leave London in Summer '23 will make it unbearable after that, but I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:26 am :snippity:
That was a complete slap down by Judge Carter and done quickly.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

bob: "Historic" doesn't mean wrong, Herr Doctor. :fingerwag:
:clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Eastman is appearing before Carter today. Mike Dunford, Akiva Cohen, and Liz Dye are all live tweeting -

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I read both Mike D.'s and Akiva's live Tweets. The consensus was that the attorney for Eastman, Charles Burnham, was better than his batpoop crazy filings and the attorney for the House, Letter, did a rather poor job. Judge Carter had few if any questions for either side.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:35 pm I read both Mike D.'s and Akiva's live Tweets. The consensus was that the attorney for Eastman, Charles Burnham, was better than his batpoop crazy filings and the attorney for the House, Letter, did a rather poor job. Judge Carter had few if any questions for either side.
Well, crap.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:39 pm :snippity:
Well, crap.
But Mike D. ends with this:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ryan J. Reilly
@ryanjreilly
Jason Van Tatenhove, a former Oath Keepers spokesperson, is meeting with the the January 6th House Select Committee today, reports the eagle-eyed
@JulesJester
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

(Bloomberg) -- Trump White House senior advisor Stephen Miller sued the House Jan. 6 committee to block a subpoena of his parents’ T-Mobile family plan which provides him with a number.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:24 pm
(Bloomberg) -- Trump White House senior advisor Stephen Miller sued the House Jan. 6 committee to block a subpoena of his parents’ T-Mobile family plan which provides him with a number.
Seriously, a senior advisor to the President, a job that makes bank...and his parents pay for his cell service... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Steven Miller looks like someone who is still on his parents phone plan, plus car insurance and has half his possessions in the basement and his blow up sex doll still under the bed in his old room.

Allegedly.

bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

What we do is secret...
Jan Wolfe @JanNWolfe wrote: The RNC has sued the Jan. 6 Select Committee, seeking to block a subpoena for "non-public information on Republican donors, volunteers, and supporters."
Kyle Cheney @kyledcheney wrote: JUST IN: The RNC is suing the Jan. 6 committee to block its subpoena of Salesforce, which processes RNC fundraising matters.

First reported by @jonathanvswan

Read the lawsuit here: https://prod-static.gop.com/media/docum ... 866708.pdf
2. The Select Committee’s subpoena to Salesforce.com (“Salesforce”), a key data and digital
communications vendor to the RNC, vastly exceeds Congress’ limited subpoena power and
infringes on rights of the RNC, its constituent members, donors, and other supporters. The RNC
and its millions of supporters face an unprecedented threat that will undoubtedly chill their First
Amendment rights and expose the RNC’s supporters to reprisals and harassment.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona

Stephen Miller frantically texts his mother that he needs more minutes.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:22 pm
Isn't that kind of like the claim by some solder during the Vietnam War that "we had to destroy the village to save it"?

Actually, it kind of makes sense if you believe, as it seems most republicans do, that the entire purpose of Democracy is to insure the election of Republicans and to prevent Democrats or other liberals for winning elections.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

:lol:
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:49 pm Stephen Miller frantically texts his mother that he needs more minutes.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”